Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New to the game, So....HEY EVERYONE!! Tips? Suggestions?

Hello all!

Seen this game on the play store and have been looking for a decent mmo to play, I usually just play on my Xbox1 but the games from Christmas have died down a bit for me, so figured I'd take a break and try something new.

Anyways I'm fairly knowledgeable on the classes, but from past experiences I have no clue where to start and what server to choose.

I'll be a free to play player, as I use my purchases for my xbox1 lol, but maybe down the road if I'm comfortable that can change. Don't want to go all out and invest in a place I won't be happy with. So with all that said...

Is there any friendly places I could check out? And if so what class should I choose? How are servers towards players that's not big spenders? And if im not a big spender is their any chance of me being able to get into endgame? Or am I wasting my time?

Anyways looking forward to hearing some feedback and suggestions and hopefully be starting my Celtic quest soon!

Thank you!

Re: New to the game, So....HEY EVERYONE!! Tips? Suggestions?

Hello Maurice :) ! Welcome to Celtic Heroes! Hopefully you like the game so far!

I would be happy to offer you a place in my clan on Arawn. We love new players like yourself and focus on having fun first and foremost. I can set you up with skill and rings for free. :)

It is possible to progress from nothing, while spending very little on the game. Many go up to 200 without buying any plat. The quests and bounties really help with lvlling and gold.

Send me a message here or in game if you need any help :)
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

Also, on the subject of classes...

Ranger- Great if you are starting from scratch as you can heal yourself, solo level easily, and ranger gear is not usually expensive. Highly recommended.

Mage- Levels fast but can be very squishy, expensive to gear due to sigil necessity, regen lux, etc.

Rogue- Preferrably started as an alt as usually very squishy without large amount of premium items/group members to help you/ expensive gear/ expensive skills.

Druid- Slow to level, although a decent choice for a first toon due to survivability and dmg capabilities.

Warrior- Another good first, as you can level as a hybrid with good survivability and damage, and gear is not hard to obtain.

This is by no means all the info about these classes...Just trying to give you a picture of starting on a budget what would be best.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

1. Welcome to the game and the forums:
Many suggest Epona for a fairly neutral server. It really depends on what play style you're thinking about going with. Have you narrowed down the class you're thinking about playing?

Thanks for the welcome guys and

Yes I'm Loving The Ranger, was a hard choice but rogue was initially what I was gonna try, but I seen one of the skills in the auction house for 250k and I by no means can afford that lol

Yes I'm Loving The Ranger, was a hard choice but rogue was initially what I was gonna try, but I seen one of the skills in the auction house for 250k and I by no means can afford that lol
I would like to give you get a heads up that as a ranger you should never lix alone. (You shouldn't lix alone as any class tbh but especially ranger and druid). Your damage output will be weak until you reach endgame, but once you reach that your damage will be really high so in the end it will be worth it.

Good luck and welcome to Dal Riata!
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

Welcome to the game, it is pretty amazing to play all politics aside.
If you can get into a clan early on or make some friends it will help you level and do things a little faster. The new tutorial makes things slightly easier as well I wouldn’t skip it if you are new. I wasted a lot of time and energy on my first character (known as toons) and would be a higher level if I wasn’t finding my way around in the dark for most of my Leveling.
I really hope you enjoy the game as I do and do well.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Welcome to the forums and to Celtic Heroes Maurice!

I highly recommend Arawn and Rhiannon as both have very active and helpful communities.

As to class, LivingArawn already has you covered but it may be a good idea to run through each class and see how gameplay feels (Personally I would pick Ranger ;) )

If you ever have any questions give me a shout, happy to help.

I would like to give you get a heads up that as a ranger you should never lix alone. (You shouldn't lix alone as any class tbh but especially ranger and druid). Your damage output will be weak until you reach endgame, but once you reach that your damage will be really high so in the end it will be worth it.

Good luck and welcome to Dal Riata!
This is excellent advice, but I would add that mages are outstanding living partners for rangers. The Ranger has bolas to allow the mage to kite the mob and uses their nuke attacks from a safe distance to take down most of its health while the ranger finishes them off and can heal them both.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta