Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How often are other mages getting prot kills?

Not too sure why you needed to repoen this post but gz bob, you beat a dg ranger who uses 2 permanant prot rings...lol

Say what you like but at prot, all equally geared and doing everything to maximise dps, meaning run from rotors, haste, attack lix, pot, spam restos or whatever else, a ranger is best, followed by a rogue, then mage, druid followed lastly by warrior. And your gear is quite clearly superior to that rangers. You probably have more godly and void drops than me now right? Beat a ranger with a similar gear level to your own who properly understands the class and then i will be impressed.

Also i doubt halo will apreciate being the punchline of your mages can beat rangers at prot thing. :?
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

You beat a dg ranger who uses 2 permanant prot rings bob...gz

Say what you like but at prot, all equally geared and doing everything to maximise dps, meaning run from rotors, haste, attack lix, pot, spam restos or whatever else, a ranger is best, followed by a rogue, then mage, druid followed by warrior. And your gear is quite clearly superior to that rangers. You probably have more godly and void drops than me now right? Beat a ranger with a similar gear level to your own who properly understands the class and then i will be impressed.

Also i doubt halo will apreciate being the punchline of your mages can beat rangers at prot thing. :?
Shows how you didn't read a thing I said in the description to the video. (face palm emoji... wishing there was one ._. ). Also halo has some decent gear since then, she doesn't bid on a lot to give others a chance, but she is definitely still a decent ranger.

And as I have said who gets the kill doesn't matter, this wasn't to trash talk another player, especially halo, halo is an amazing ranger and as I said in the description, an amazing person which matters so much more. I respect Halo a lot, as would anyone who has had a convo with her. The point of this was to show that a mage can get a legitimate proteus kill. no where have I said a mage will outdps the best ranger on a haste, all I said was that it can be done legitimately.

Please Ventius, please, read the context of what is being said before you jump on it. No where has this thread bashed rangers nor you, all it has said is what the math supports, that a mage can outdps a decent (notice I didn't say the best) rangers on haste and some of the best rangers off haste if the mage is built decently.
Walawalawala

No offence but beating a ranger with no anointed ring, no reaper and who uses 2 permanant prot rings doesnt legitamise it imo. Also nice how a few days ban will change your tone bob. New day, new you, im impressed :P

Ps, your necro video is wrong. It was a 5 min kill. Not 3.5

Edit: just read the description, thz for the mention :D
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

No offence but beating a ranger with no anointed ring, no reaper and who uses 2 permanant prot rings doesnt legitamise it imo. Also nice how a few days ban will change your tone bob. New day, new you, im impressed :P

Ps, your necro video is wrong. It was a 5 min kill. Not 3.5

Edit: just read the description, thz for the mention :D
-) We started spirits 2 minutes before the actual kill started because we didn't realize MT group wasn't settled :lol: oopsies .-. my fault on that one
-) halo does have an annointed ring, has an imperial oblivion ring, and 2 prot rings, 2 royal prot braces. While her gear may not have been as good as yours was, or as good as hershots, it's not because she doesn't know how to play a ranger, its because she usually lets others bid ahead of her. This isn't a sign of a bad ranger, her build is pretty great and her gear isn't bad, its just not the best in the game... TarnishedHalo is an amazing selfless player, that doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is doing.
-) I got banned for 24 hours, but just made a new forum account for time being .-. was initially to PM Tadaah asking why it took OTM 5-6 days (can't remember if I sent it to Muldar on Thursday or Friday) to block the threads and why we got punished for natural escalation. (ya, i'm defending nightmaare and your remarks... :P we all escalated the same) Anyways I saw some threads I wanted to add on a small bit to so :P I didn't get IP banned for a day so I'm guessing this is within the paramaters of the ban :)
My tone has always, and always will be the same, have developed quite a track record for engaging in conversations on the forums in the same manner time and time again. The words change (duh topic isnt the same) but the formula and rules I hold myself to never have.

Like I said above, context is a key element in discussions like this. Please read through and look at everything before you jump on others. Halo is a great ranger and an amazing player.
Walawalawala

Im not saying halo is a bad person. She is still my favourite leader in resurgence by far along with lonehawk and a player that i still get along very well with. The point that i was making about gear is directly in regards to your video that is an attempt to legitamise your mage prot kills.

When you go over to halo at the end, you will notice that she is not using an anointed ring. That is a huge loss of dps throughout the raid. I am aware that she does infact have a tier 6 ring, i am simply pointing out that she did not use it in the kill from your video. And whilst who gets the kills may not be the one and only indicator of what makes a good player, ultimately that is irrelivant in the point that you are making. You getting legitimate prot kills against good hasted rangers. I just dont see this video as valid proof as the ranger that you beat, whilst may be an amazing person, does not have gear anywhere near the level of your own. It is almost expected that you would get the kill. Kinda like when i was in res it was just expected that i would kill everything and people would be shocked if ever i lost a kill. (You may see that comment as bragging but imo it is a fairly accurate comparrison to this situation in many ways. Meh lol)
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Im not saying halo is a bad person. She is still my favourite leader in resurgence by far along with lonehawk and a player that i still get along very well with. The point that i was making about gear is directly in regards to your video that is an attempt to legitamise your mage prot kills.

When you go over to halo at the end, you will notice that she is not using an anointed ring. That is a huge loss of dps throughout the raid. I am aware that she does infact have a tier 6 ring, i am simply pointing out that she did not use it in the kill from your video. And whilst who gets the kills may not be the one and only indicator of what makes a good player, ultimately that is irrelivant in the point that you are making. You getting legitimate prot kills against good hasted rangers. I just dont see this video as valid proof as the ranger that you beat, whilst may be an amazing person, does not have gear anywhere near the level of your own. It is almost expected that you would get the kill. Kinda like when i was in res it was just expected that i would kill everything and people would be shocked if ever i lost a kill. (You may see that comment as bragging but imo it is a fairly accurate comparrison to this situation in many ways. Meh lol)
-) This is going waaaay off topic... The topic was started to give mages the oppertunties to converse over gear and build techniques that can work to get proteus kills. It was never started to bash individuals, clans or servers. So if we can, let's move back to that. Instead of saying "that ranger isn't as good as I was" which in essence is along the lines that you are pointing at, at the very least you are saying that the ranger mentioned is not the best she can be. Okay, great, what impact does that have on the principle? what can mages do to up their DPS to match it? These are positive questions that can be asked. Don't trash others please.
-) Halo uses an annointed ring ._. she hotswaps it out I believe but she definitely uses one...
-) And Vent, the argument made by Aileron and others near the start was that any decent ranger could outdps even the best of mages. Halo, by any metric, is a pretty good ranger, definitely better than decent.
-) the video is proof that a mage can get a prot kill legitimately over a decent ranger. I don't think that this statement right here has any refutation against it.
Walawalawala