Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How often are other mages getting prot kills?

Yes bob, you out dpsed me unhasted at prot when i would tell you at the start that i wouldnt be going for the kill and only then would you go full try hard. Gz. I have beaten you plenty of times unhasted fyi and if i used to try unhasted always beat you

On a side note, epona and fingal probably have the top few strongest rogues in the game, toothpick on epona and adrohan malcolm on fingal. Both are crazy about stratergy gear swaps and dps. They have prot down to an art and beat hasted great rangers and would certainly beat a top mage like you bob. You really cant base these assumptions on arawn alone. I am the top dps on arawn by a long way and you are also by far the top mage. Arawn doesnt have any great rogues. It used to but that player changed main to a druid a long time ago. idk how you make those findings in regards to who gets kills. It may sorta work like that on arawn but if you go to any different server it is totally different as the rogues are a lot stronger

And the mages cant be that amazing if none of them can beat me at 195/205/210 edl :roll:
What gear did I have then?
a dark wand, dg bp, no higher than a majestic gele ring, one imperial necro ring, a imperial mordy bolt brace, a imperial necral storm cdr, a royal bolt misc, and a godly hellfire ammy.
what did you have? godly imperial oblivion, almost godly everything else.
Your gear was almost (other than the few imperials you had) perfect, I was on my way there but no where there.
Now my gear is a bit closer.
Oh one more thing, I wasn't in my gele build as well :)

Its just the case, no unhasted ranger has outdpsed me on prot, not even you, when I got a bit closer to my gear. With my gear atm I still can't outdps our best hasted rangers, but if they don't haste its my kill no question...

I won't deny our rogues aren't full DPS orientated, but on the servers you listed not all the mages are DPS orientated. Very few servers allow for mages to pursue DPS builds, most force them to carry 2-3 lures.

Every server is different, with different gear distribution rules, etc...
It isn't fair to compare people across servers like that. On other servers mages aren't allowed to puruse the build I currently have, so why should I compare myself to them?
On arawn we don't need pure DPS rogues and rangers, so they have a bit more health for doing bounties and surviving a bit easier at bosses.

There is more than one metric to measure how "good" your toon is. Something you never seemed to understand. You were locked at so many bosses, but still thought because you ended up with the kill that you pulled the most weight. What about those who were alive to bolas while you were taking a nap?

So vent, your ranger may have been "top" on arawn for a brief window, but don't try and make excuses for what happened. You didn't haste and I got kills every time you didn't haste after I got some gear upgrades. If you don't believe me come to one of our prots and don't haste, I'll see if we can get a druid to keep you alive out of lock and I'll let you know who gets kill with a ss.
Odds are you will make some excuse here, so don't even worry about replying, won't really be looking for one.
Unless you are all talk, just show up :-)
I outdpsed you when you didnt haste at prot after I got my final gear pieces, could do it again right now. needed.
Ooo I'd love to ser that rn
I'll record and upload to youtube if he wants to show up. I don't really have anything to prove to him, but if he feels the need to try and "show me up" i'll record and publish.
Well at Lir, you see a clan full of driuds, a solo boss with druid and a team full of druid with one tank.
This is what I was refering to earlier. Every server is different. Every server has different needs for different classes. For example, our graveyard shift players tend to have builds with more health. Due to the low number of available loggers they are used to having to solo without a tank or druid. So sure, they may not be getting proteus or gelebron kills, but they are still "good" players.
Who gets kill doesn't determine anything but who at that one specific kill had the best overall DPS. It doesn't say anything more. And no one class is strictly there to DPS. Rangers have bolas, mages have lures, rogues have some expose skills as well as the best ability to kill adds, warriors have bash and tanking as well as add handling jobs, and druids have to help heal.

Only selfish players who ignore the other responsbilities of bossing look at who got the final kill as validation for how good there toon is.

Nothing wrong with "DPS challanges" or "competitions" but you can't let them be the sole indicator of whose better. The same way a duel in the castle can't determine whose better, or who locks a boss...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Yes bob, you out dpsed me unhasted at prot when i would tell you at the start that i wouldnt be going for the kill and only then would you go full try hard. Gz. I have beaten you plenty of times unhasted fyi and if i used to try unhasted always beat you

On a side note, epona and fingal probably have the top few strongest rogues in the game, toothpick on epona and adrohan malcolm on fingal. Both are crazy about stratergy gear swaps and dps. They have prot down to an art and beat hasted great rangers and would certainly beat a top mage like you bob. You really cant base these assumptions on arawn alone. I am the top dps on arawn by a long way and you are also by far the top mage. Arawn doesnt have any great rogues. It used to but that player changed main to a druid a long time ago. idk how you make those findings in regards to who gets kills. It may sorta work like that on arawn but if you go to any different server it is totally different as the rogues are a lot stronger

And the mages cant be that amazing if none of them can beat me at 195/205/210 edl :roll:
What gear did I have then?
a shadowwand, dg bp, no higher than a majestic gele ringgodly firebolt gele ring, one imperial necro ring, a imperial mordy bolt brace, a imperial necral storm cdr, a royal bolt misc, and a godly hellfire ammy.
what did you have? godly imperial oblivion, almost godly everything else.
Your gear was almost (other than the few imperials you had) perfect, I was on my way there but no where there.
Now my gear is a bit closer.
Oh one more thing, I wasn't in my gele build as well :)and i wasnt in a full dps build for most of the time you and i were in clan together. Whats your point?

Its just the case, no unhasted ranger has outdpsed me on prot, not even youthat is where you are wrong. I beat you unhasted countless times, when I got a bit closer to my gear. With my gear atm I still can't outdps our best hasted rangers, but if they don't haste its my kill no question...the thing is, i could beat the other top hasted dg rangers without me needing to haste. Beat a hasted kara hersh ash or halo many times unhasted.

I won't deny our rogues aren't full DPS orientated, but on the servers you listed not all the mages are DPS orientated. Very few servers allow for mages to pursue DPS builds, most force them to carry 2-3 lures.

Every server is different, with different gear distribution rules, etc...
It isn't fair to compare people across servers like that. On other servers mages aren't allowed to puruse the build I currently have, so why should I compare myself to them?
On arawn we don't need pure DPS rogues and rangers, so they have a bit more health for doing bounties and surviving a bit easier at bosses.

There is more than one metric to measure how "good" your toon is. Something you never seemed to understand. You were locked at so many bosses, but still thought because you ended up with the kill that you pulled the most weight. What about those who were alive to bolas while you were taking a nap?mind explaining when i was always locked at bosses? I was the one kiting edl during the graveyard hours, only locked at gele when i pulled agro off the tank or during rage, only locked at prot when mages were sloppy with lures and only ever locked at hrung mord or necro when i pull agro off tank(tanks fault not mine)

So vent, your ranger may have been "top" on arawn for a brief windowbrief window yes, only a few years. My reign as #1 started quite a while before you returned from inactivity bob so not too sure how you can comment there..., but don't try and make excuses for what happened. You didn't haste and I got kills every time you didn't haste after I got some gear upgradesyes as i said, when i told you before we started that i wouldnt be going for the kill then you went tryhard for kills but this really didnt happen often. You got what? 20 kills while i was in res and most of them were when i took a break for a month or so or once i started working and could no longer attend est or euro raids (which was every single weekday prot) If you don't believe me come to one of our prots and don't haste, I'll see if we can get a druid to keep you alive out of lock and I'll let you know who gets kill with a ss.you do realise that is not how it works right? To get kill out of lock i have to be in a grp that does more overall dps. I will never get a kill groupless. Only way to test this is if we are in the same group which ofc is never gonna happen
Odds are you will make some excuse here, so don't even worry about replying, won't really be looking for one.
Unless you are all talk, just show up :-)
I outdpsed you when you didnt haste at prot after I got my final gear pieces, could do it again right now. needed.
Ooo I'd love to ser that rn
I'll record and upload to youtube if he wants to show up. I don't really have anything to prove to him, but if he feels the need to try and "show me up" i'll record and publish.

This is what I was refering to earlier. Every server is different. Every server has different needs for different classes. For example, our graveyard shift players tend to have builds with more health. you mean me? Or did you forget that i was one of only 2 active australians at end game level in resurgence for so long?Due to the low number of available loggers they are used to having to solo without a tank or druid. yes and i was the one who would kite those bosses 9/10 timesSo sure, they may not be getting proteus or gelebron kills, but they are still "good" players. im not too sure your point here? Im not the one who comes to forums dissing arawns rangers, that falls on you. Setth even had to jump in one time to shut you up.
Who gets kill doesn't determine anything but who at that one specific kill had the best overall DPS. It doesn't say anything more. And no one class is strictly there to DPS. Rangers have bolas, mages have lures, rogues have some expose skills as well as the best ability to kill adds, warriors have bash and tanking as well as add handling jobs, and druids have to help heal. my role in clan was specifically to dps at raids bob...if i had to bolas i would but most of the time that role was left to newer rangers who didnt have dl/edl weaps

Only selfish players who ignore the other responsbilities of bossing look at who got the final kill as validation for how good there toon is. plz find where i go to forums in the last year bragging about how many prot kills i have. The thrill of me getting any kill wore off a long long time ago.

Nothing wrong with "DPS challanges" or "competitions" but you can't let them be the sole indicator of whose better. The same way a duel in the castle can't determine whose better, or who locks a boss...
I think that You greatly underestimate the gap between my ranger and the next best on arawn. It is a much bigger gap than you seem to believe bob.

I have prime mordy and necro kills with a shortbow, i have gele and edl kills arriving/dc at 60%, i have countless unhasted kills at every boss except gelebron. I have not lost to a mage at edl in over a year(that includes you bob). I even have kills at every raid (including gelebron) whilst not casting a single edl wrath. I could also beat any rogue in the clan even if they were solo spiter and that includes smelly and gabby. The two rogues with dg sets during my time in resurgence. Did that several times on hrung mordy and necro.

Make sure that you do all your research next time before replying. And lets keep it unbiased and truthful unlike your other essays about resurgence ty
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Love how Ventius has to go to the mage forums to make himself feel good :lol:
How you responded to my post makes it impossible to just quote and respond... so ima have to make a new post ._.

-) on what gear I had, I didn’t get godly ring nor shadow wand till you were bye bye m.
-) yes you beat me unhasted when I was still using a dark wand and had a hellfire tunes tone :lol:
You had best ranger gear in clan I maybe had 3rd or 4th best mage?

-) kiting during graveyard? Without kojon graveyard wouldn’t have been possible. Most of the time you spent graveyard whining. This isn’t subjective, I did boss attends and kojon was at graveyard bosses, idk where you are. You showed up to occasional 6* but otherwise idk what you think you were doing :lol:

-) on getting kill out of lock, you don’t even understand how lock groups work... smh...
As long as you don’t die out of lock you can still get kill.
The reason is your DPS resets toward boss if you are out of lock group, probably due to how limited the programming team is in storing your damage during the fight.

-) as for what you did for the clan. Most of us would agree that you didn’t do anything productive. You made a DL locker and never used it until you got denied gear for it because you used it once the month before.
Your ranger only cared about getting kills, nothing more.
Regardless of what you “think” you did for resurgence, just remember you got kicked for trying to make a splinter clan and stalking members family members.
As for kiting during graveyard, you may have been an “Aussie” but you never logged for Aussie shift. That was left to Calloway, Kojon, Smelly, and dark times, and muj. When you did log you were drunk off your ass and usually hurt the raids more than you helped.

I’m sorry vent, but let’s get back to the point shall we?
This is a mage forum not a ranger forum. Top mages will get prot kills over top rangers if that ranger is unhasted. You had almost max ranger gear and I didn’t have anywhere near max mage gear, so yea most of time you got kill unhasted. Now my gear is still shabby compared to where it could be, but I guarantee you I would still get kill over you if you didn’t haste.
This isn’t some opinion, it’s just simple math...
It really is just math. Rangers do 1.5-1.7k damage per second on prot on haste, mages do 1-1.3k damage per second on prot on haste. Off haste rangers do around 1k damage per second.
All it is is math, not some “opinion”
Bob The God

Love how Ventius has to go to the mage forums to make himself feel good :lol:
How you responded to my post makes it impossible to just quote and respond... so ima have to make a new post ._.

-) on what gear I had, I didn’t get godly ring nor shadow wand till you were bye bye m.
-) yes you beat me unhasted when I was still using a dark wand and had a hellfire tunes tone :lol:
You had best ranger gear in clan I maybe had 3rd or 4th best mage?

-) kiting during graveyard? Without kojon graveyard wouldn’t have been possible. Most of the time you spent graveyard whining. This isn’t subjective, I did boss attends and kojon was at graveyard bosses, idk where you are. You showed up to occasional 6* but otherwise idk what you think you were doing :lol:

-) on getting kill out of lock, you don’t even understand how lock groups work... smh...
As long as you don’t die out of lock you can still get kill.
The reason is your DPS resets toward boss if you are out of lock group, probably due to how limited the programming team is in storing your damage during the fight.

-) as for what you did for the clan. Most of us would agree that you didn’t do anything productive. You made a DL locker and never used it until you got denied gear for it because you used it once the month before.
Your ranger only cared about getting kills, nothing more.
Regardless of what you “think” you did for resurgence, just remember you got kicked for trying to make a splinter clan and stalking members family members.
As for kiting during graveyard, you may have been an “Aussie” but you never logged for Aussie shift. That was left to Calloway, Kojon, Smelly, and dark times, and muj. When you did log you were drunk off your ass and usually hurt the raids more than you helped.

I’m sorry vent, but let’s get back to the point shall we?
This is a mage forum not a ranger forum. Top mages will get prot kills over top rangers if that ranger is unhasted. You had almost max ranger gear and I didn’t have anywhere near max mage gear, so yea most of time you got kill unhasted. Now my gear is still shabby compared to where it could be, but I guarantee you I would still get kill over you if you didn’t haste.
This isn’t some opinion, it’s just simple math...
It really is just math. Rangers do 1.5-1.7k damage per second on prot on haste, mages do 1-1.3k damage per second on prot on haste. Off haste rangers do around 1k damage per second.
All it is is math, not some “opinion”

So congrats on being a decent ranger, if only you were half as decent of a person maybe you wouldn’t have been kicked for understanding common courtesy and decency.
Bob The God

And here come the lies :lol: you most certainly did get the godly ring and shadow wand while i was in res. You won the ring and were worried you would miss it because of your devices battery. You won it just in time because jade made sure to do that rings bid first. You got it many months before i was removed from clan. I was also there when you outbid castrolas for that shadow storm wand and was also in your group at the gele heli along with 6 others when you explained the small dps boost from dark bolt to shadow storm wand.

Its amazing how your tone can change once i was kicked. You used to be the biggest advocate of me, i will again refer to all of the rants that you sent to lonehawk, talking about my recruitment power and all the good that i did for clan along with raising ideas. Strange that suddenly you forget everything you have said in the past. Convenient isnt it?

For 2 years i was the most active ranger and one of the most active players at dl in clan fyi, there is a reason that i was the first player outside of the chiefs set on arawn to recieve a dg body. Not to mwntion the 4th player on the server to recoeve dg gloves...but i guess you wouldnt know that either since again, it was before you returned from inactivity and even if you did know ts not like your gonna be honest on forums about it bob.

For the last 6 months that i was in res you are correct, i was much less active. Because i was a full time student in that time and had a job. I spoke to a leader and explained my situation and they had no issues at all with it. Since you were part of the attend sheets take a look at my attends if im still on it, you will notice that my attends slowly increased each month as i began to better handly my increased work load. Muji hasnt been active for close to a year and darktimes had been active for the last 6 months that i was in res. And smelly being important to graveyard? :lol: :lol: this is the player demoted for abusing clannies constantly and who even said as soon as they reach 70 monthly attends they will be done for the month, the bare minimum to be eligable to bid on void dagger...

Again you say splinter clan...what is that and when did i try make a splinter clan lol. Do you mean the clan “illegal” that a certain guard planned to make along with the hundred hoarded dl/edl and raid gear they had?

Again with the stalker comment haha not even gonna comment here cause i have a dozen times already in other posts.

Wont be replying again here because of the amount of lies and bs and just the lack of knowledge and understanding that you have in your posts bob. Maybe go back and read the rants you sent to lone about me and see if they jog your memory.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I would love to kill battle any non mage on 205 and 210 edls hahahaha If I ever fair and square lose one of those edl kills to a ranger or rouge on crom ill retire my mage

also i feel like 90% of that conversation belongs in a pm or on a server post because it obviously had nothing to do with mages :D

I did get my first prot kill tho (totally not because all our top geared rangers were gone o.0) to go along the topic of the post hehe
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

I would love to kill battle any non mage on 205 and 210 edls hahahaha If I ever fair and square lose one of those edl kills to a ranger or rouge on crom ill retire my mage

also i feel like 90% of that conversation belongs in a pm or on a server post because it obviously had nothing to do with mages :D

I did get my first prot kill tho (totally not because all our top geared rangers were gone o.0) to go along the topic of the post hehe
If you have an ice mage present at 205 and 210 edl, if they aren't getting the kill then there's an issue.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Hi, i dont care about some dumb argument, but want to clarify incorrect information about locks and kills outside of them that may spread to other players

Kills are given out to the person who did the most damage in group that did the most damage. Put a full doch gul rogue solo on 165 6 against a full group of average edl rogues with dl offhands, the dl rogues get lock/kill every time. Not because someone in that group did more damage than the dg rogue, but because the groups damage total exceeded the dg rogues total. The doch gul rogue would have to do more damage than the entire group of 8 rogues combined to get the kill in their lock.

In order to get kill out of lock, specific scenarios need to happen.

1. You/your group does less dmg than the other group until lock occurs (whether dc or close lock or whatever)
2. Your group catches up in damage and does more total by the end of the kill

OR

1. Your group gets outlocked because of a level advantage, even though your group has superior dps
2. Your grp continues to do more dmg than lvl lock could ever hope for, guaranteeing your groups kill.

OR

1. Other group has superior dps, which secures them the lock
2. Enough of their group members dc or crash (losing those characters dps totals on the boss, but not losing the lock because they still have other members in it) to where your group passes them in total (tracked) dps, securing your group the kill

Again, the kill is secured by the entire group, not any one person. It just tells you who in that strongest group did the most damage.

Dont believe me? Its really not hard to test. Just get a group of people that will never beat someone at a boss but are nearly as good, then get that someone and make him do a boss solo against all of them!

Sincerely, The CH DPS Mythbuster (Test first in every scenario, then inform!)
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis