Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Proof I didn’t use hacks (fishing)

Lol so let me get this striaght.... People are complaing about ppl standing in water to fish. Which in reality get no benifit from that like sore losers are crying about.
Correct, actually it’s just one person whining about ‘standing in the water’ which I didn’t even do.
The funny part is like you said it is actually a useless hinderance to glitch into the water, especially at where I was accused of doing so: the river. I’m sure all the leaderboard toppers are aware that it’s much more efficient to constantly change leys running past the nearest spots. Why would you even want to glitch in the river? It has such a small width and would basically give no benefit to glitch into unlike at eastern docks where we have an open sea.

players are "skippinh"(in reality glitching) there animation of fishing to stop shorter so they can goto next spot
It is being performed with skills and hotbars provided by OTM. If this is considered a glitch or is bannable, let’s look at some equivalents performed on a daily basis:
- Moving on the cast of a buff skill skips the animation
- Moving on the cast of certain debuffs (ex. mage lures) skips the animation
- You can engage another fish in range whilst still playing the ‘picking up’ animation, skipping it
- Another skill can already be in the process of casting whilst a different cast animation is still playing (basically skipped)

These are all points with the exact same concept: skipping or shortening an animation. The last point mentioned above has become a basic of ch combat mechanics... If these really are bannable the community would be wiped out by now.
OTM is known for still banning players due to errors in programming and exploiting, for example the ability to run through walls and tamper with bosses.
Just because “the natural game environment” allows for action X to take place doesn’t legitimize action X as valid or “legitimate.”
Personally I don’t see he big problem, OTM did a rush job throwing this competition together, from not properly analyzing interest and messing up with how many prizes to award or the price of Ling to properly defining rules. For future competitions maybe OTM can be more explicit, but in the case of a silly fishing one, especially as rushed as this, I think we should all take a step back and just enjoy wasting time :lol:
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Lol so let me get this striaght.... People are complaing about ppl standing in water to fish. Which in reality get no benifit from that like sore losers are crying about.
Correct, actually it’s just one person whining about ‘standing in the water’ which I didn’t even do.
The funny part is like you said it is actually a useless hinderance to glitch into the water, especially at where I was accused of doing so: the river. I’m sure all the leaderboard toppers are aware that it’s much more efficient to constantly change leys running past the nearest spots. Why would you even want to glitch in the river? It has such a small width and would basically give no benefit to glitch into unlike at eastern docks where we have an open sea.

players are "skippinh"(in reality glitching) there animation of fishing to stop shorter so they can goto next spot
It is being performed with skills and hotbars provided by OTM. If this is considered a glitch or is bannable, let’s look at some equivalents performed on a daily basis:
- You can engage another fish in range whilst still playing the ‘picking up’ animation, skipping it
- Another skill can already be in the process of casting whilst a different cast animation is still playing (basically skipped)

These are all points with the exact same concept: skipping or shortening an animation. The last point mentioned above has become a basic of ch combat mechanics... If these really are bannable the community would be wiped out by now.
OTM is known for still banning players due to errors in programming and exploiting, for example the ability to run through walls and tamper with bosses.
Just because “the natural game environment” allows for action X to take place doesn’t legitimize action X as valid or “legitimate.”
Personally I don’t see he big problem, OTM did a rush job throwing this competition together, from not properly analyzing interest and messing up with how many prizes to award or the price of Ling to properly defining rules. For future competitions maybe OTM can be more explicit, but in the case of a silly fishing one, especially as rushed as this, I think we should all take a step back and just enjoy wasting time :lol:
If a game company bans players for issues they havent fixed in ages and should be very aware of there not a very good company. I doubt they have banned anyone for their mistakes. If they have then i dont even feel safe playing as random glitches happen all the time. In fact players complained about me being in water when i literally glitched into that by accident and just rolled with it. I lagged out while trying to talk to fish guy and i ended up in water when i logged back in then cry babies started crying about it as soon as i logged just because i was way ahead of them they blamed it on that and i was ahead before i even got to the water. Griefers made fishing impossible on my server anyways. Players had mutibke accounts logged by every fish spot socno one could catch stuff. One dude caught me and passed me simply because he followed me everywhere on a maxed mount and stopped me from catching anything till i logged out. But thats part of the game so nothing i can do about that.

Lol so let me get this striaght.... People are complaing about ppl standing in water to fish. Which in reality get no benifit from that like sore losers are crying about. But players are "skippinh"(in reality glitching) there animation of fishing to stop shorter so they can goto next spot. And thats acceptable cause its not an obvious glitch. And before anyone says its not a glitch yes.... Yes it is. Cause your skipping half the process of fishing thats supposed to be there for a reason by doing that. But hey we can be selective cheaters...... Smh
People are complaining about the fact that running on the water allowed them to run around the fishing areas of Lirs Pier in about half the time as it takes when running around the boardwalks. Therefore allowing them to check for spawning glacial waters in the area much quicker.
This gives a massive advantage over those players who remained in the legitimate boundaries of the game playing area.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Lol so let me get this striaght.... People are complaing about ppl standing in water to fish. Which in reality get no benifit from that like sore losers are crying about. But players are "skippinh"(in reality glitching) there animation of fishing to stop shorter so they can goto next spot. And thats acceptable cause its not an obvious glitch. And before anyone says its not a glitch yes.... Yes it is. Cause your skipping half the process of fishing thats supposed to be there for a reason by doing that. But hey we can be selective cheaters...... Smh
People are complaining about the fact that running on the water allowed them to run around the fishing areas of Lirs Pier in about half the time as it takes when running around the boardwalks. Therefore allowing them to check for spawning glacial waters in the area much quicker.
This gives a massive advantage over those players who remained in the legitimate boundaries of the game playing area.
and running around in maxed mounts doesnt give them an advantage they could run around the whole peir twice before i could even get to the other side. In fact most players were going from ley to ley catching every fish on mounts those ppl had an advantage that most of us mountless ppl couldnt even fathom. Did we complian no. Cause its part of the game. Game allows it. There is no fairness to the comp and people are mad they didnt gind some kind of advantage to stay ahead. We all fished and worked hard the same way. But people who didnt work hard wanna cry cause they lost. Thats the truth here

With regards to banning/disqualifying players for exploiting known loopholes and bugs with regards to their programming, OTM has done it in the past and still does it, OTM is allowed to set the rules how they want to set them, if you push it you push yourself into a grey area that ultimately may not be decided in your favor.

The fishing event seemed to be an idea for the corrupted gardens pack that they pushed in early for us to enjoy due to Gardens being pushed back to Spring while OTM further ensures that it runs smoothly. With that the rules and idea for the fishing event seemed to be put together fast and as a result some oversights were made.
All in all stop complaining. Due to some vague ideas as to what “exploiting” meant two different sides to this issue have emerged. This is the first competition (hopefully the only fishing one :roll: ) but there will be plenty more to come. In the future hopefully OTM better clarifies what is exploiting.

Let’s jusr be thankful for the feature and as the community always does let’s help shape how the feature is molded over the next few months :)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I think the real question here is did he catch a real big fish or not? All this hackin n whacking nonsensical business is just not important.

Some additional important info maybe be what type of bait did he use? Or perhaps, where’s the best secret fishing hole. However, we all know a good fisherman doesn’t reveal their secret spot n whatnot.
Rosmerta
Tarzanny - Ranger Lvl 194+
Chief of clan Epsilon
Epona
Snoofkinlagen - Druid Lvl 165+
Arawn
Darkhorse - Rogue Lvl 220+

and running around in maxed mounts doesnt give them an advantage they could run around the whole peir twice before i could even get to the other side. In fact most players were going from ley to ley catching every fish on mounts those ppl had an advantage that most of us mountless ppl couldnt even fathom. Did we complian no. Cause its part of the game. Game allows it. There is no fairness to the comp and people are mad they didnt gind some kind of advantage to stay ahead. We all fished and worked hard the same way. But people who didnt work hard wanna cry cause they lost. Thats the truth here
I cannot comment on what you personally did or did not do, as I did not see you personally
However, the people I saw were running around, on mounts, on the water. These people were able to move between the different fishing areas around Lirs Pier much quicker than players with mounts running around the boardwalks.
Using a mount is a legitimate action within the game, that is within the capability of every player and is well within the realms of virtually every player to 'fathom' how to use a mount.
Using a glitch to get yourself outside of the defined playing areas of the game is most definitely not a legitimate action of the game. The vast majority of players where both unaware that this was possible and unaware of how this is achievable.
Now that many more conscientious players are aware that it is possible, they are still completely unaware of how this would be achieved (myself included). Most players are honest people who do not wish to go trawling the internet to try and find out how to hack games in order to cheat .

I use them too.
Oh look, a talking bear in the forums!

LIR
Warrior - The Paladin
Druid - The Seer