Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Help needed

Hello everyone,

I played this game like 6-7 years ago, then stopped. Started last year, then stopped. And now I've started, yet again. Can't help myself lmao

Anyway, a few questions -

1) With ranger, what skills should I upgrade. Should I just level them all out? I'm only like level 18 or something atm so I only have Sharp shot, Bolas, Quick shooting (or whatever its called) and Barbed shot. Do I need to level them all out? Including the out of combat healing things, light heal, bandage, and meditation, all that stuff.

2) I'm currently just keeping all my attributes level as well. Any ratio's I should follow, or prioritise any of them?

3) I've always got stuck at about level 40, (all classes) I find enemies take really long to kill and I have to fluke most of the people I kill in order to complete quests. How am I supposed to get good items/gear without real life money? I swear CH is a pay-2-play game.

Anyway, thanks for the help and hopefully someone can get back to me soon.

Re: Help needed

Ok first of all, skill points. I usually suggest spreading points over around 5 skills. Try to keep sharp shot maxed as it is a great damage skill. Don't put points into recuperate, meditate or bandage, you won't need these skills soon. You can keep rapid shot at lvl 1 as well because you still get 10 seconds attack speed boost from it.

Secondly, attributes. I suggest a distribution of 1 str : 2 dex : 2 vit.

Str increases your auto-attack damage. Dex increases your attack (chances of hitting) and defense (chance of avoiding attacks) but it is also boosts ranger skills so it's very important. Try to use as little focus as possible. Once you have luxury regen equipment, you wont need much/any points in focus.

I can understand why you are feeling stuck. It can be a bit of a mountain to climb to begin with, especially as luxury items cost so much gold. I made it to 180 without spending hardly any real money (only bought tiny amount of plat to get extra hot bar slots).

You'll ideally need a 20 regen luxury vigor amulet from shalemont, although there is a cheaper 10 regen one for sale in castle near the arena door.

Don't rush to level up and make sure you get the best bow and armor available for your level. It is worth joining a good clan as most will help you with quest armor, skill rings etc and give advice too.

Finding a good source of income is important, and difficult to begin with. Personally when I got to about level 60, I found I could solo the bear bosses in fingals cave. They drop skill rings which, depending on which server you're on, can sell for fair price in auction house.

Hope this helps
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia

Ok first of all, skill points. I usually suggest spreading points over around 5 skills. Try to keep sharp shot maxed as it is a great damage skill. Don't put points into recuperate, meditate or bandage, you won't need these skills soon. You can keep rapid shot at lvl 1 as well because you still get 10 seconds attack speed boost from it.

Str increases your auto-attack damage. Dex increases your attack (chances of hitting) and defense (chance of avoiding attacks) but it is also boosts ranger skills so it's very important. Try to use as little focus as possible. Once you have luxury regen equipment, you wont need much/any points in focus.

I can understand why you are feeling stuck. It can be a bit of a mountain to climb to begin with, especially as luxury items cost so much gold. I made it to 180 without spending hardly any real money (only bought tiny amount of plat to get extra hot bar slots).

You'll ideally need a 20 regen luxury vigor amulet from shalemont, although there is a cheaper 10 regen one for sale in castle near the arena door.

Don't rush to level up and make sure you get the best bow and armor available for your level. It is worth joining a good clan as most will help you with quest armor, skill rings etc and give advice too.

Finding a good source of income is important, and difficult to begin with. Personally when I got to about level 60, I found I could solo the bear bosses in fingals cave. They drop skill rings which, depending on which server you're on, can sell for fair price in auction house.

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot firstly, this has helped.

Few questions though:
- Won't I really struggle until I can afford a 10-20 regen ring? Even with that, with 5 focused skills will it not just use my mana up really quickly?
- What skills should I apply points to? What are your suggestions?
- What people and where should I buy items from along the way?

Thanks!

Hope this helps
UPDATE: I have 1.2k gold and have enough for some of the items in dustwither (war bow),
however you said to not upgrade focus as I can simply get a ring in Farcrag. The minimum amount to enter that guy's store (outside the arena as you said) is 8k.
Thoughts?

Yes it can be a struggle but try find players to group with and join a clan. Keep some points in focus for now so you have enough energy to fight you can always change it later. Until you have luxury regen items (that amulet costs 40k), you will have to use recuperate and meditate, or even travel to the tavern to recover (there's a leystone inside there now).

For skills I suggest:
Bolas (only put enough points to be able to use it on the enemies you're fighting).
Light heal (it is better than bandage wounds because it is linked with your dex stat)
Steady aim (lasts for 2 mins, so just cast it before you fight)
2 or 3 attack skills (choose from sharp shot, longshot, double shot, barbed shot. It's personal preference which ones you use)
Rapid shot (useful even at lvl 1)

Don't worry if you're not happy with your stats or skill point distribution right now you can always reset them later on using a book of rebirth and book of alteration respectively.

Regarding the bow, save your money and see if you can find something cheaper in auction house. Save up for a bow from the shop in shalemont, then after that get one from the shop in stonevale.

As for armor, save your money by avoiding shop armor, instead do the quests for dusk shadow armor (begins around level 30 ish I think, in shalemont). You'll have to kill lots of connacht but it's free armor. You can sometimes find the quest items you need in auction house or join a clan who might be able to give you them.
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia

Yes it can be a struggle but try find players to group with and join a clan. Keep some points in focus for now so you have enough energy to fight you can always change it later. Until you have luxury regen items (that amulet costs 40k), you will have to use recuperate and meditate, or even travel to the tavern to recover (there's a leystone inside there now).

For skills I suggest:
Bolas (only put enough points to be able to use it on the enemies you're fighting).
Light heal (it is better than bandage wounds because it is linked with your dex stat)
Steady aim (lasts for 2 mins, so just cast it before you fight)
2 or 3 attack skills (choose from sharp shot, longshot, double shot, barbed shot. It's personal preference which ones you use)
Rapid shot (useful even at lvl 1)

Don't worry if you're not happy with your stats or skill point distribution right now you can always reset them later on using a book of rebirth and book of alteration respectively.

Regarding the bow, save your money and see if you can find something cheaper in auction house. Save up for a bow from the shop in shalemont, then after that get one from the shop in stonevale.

As for armor, save your money by avoiding shop armor, instead do the quests for dusk shadow armor (begins around level 30 ish I think, in shalemont). You'll have to kill lots of connacht but it's free armor. You can sometimes find the quest items you need in auction house or join a clan who might be able to give you them.
Once again a great help, however-
- I've already got barbed shot to level 5, people seem to be using longshot and double shot quite often. Should I ditch barbed shot and see if I can get a training manual for either of those and focus on them?
- I'll use steady aim, is it useful upgrading?
- Other than quests and grinding, any efficient ways to earn good money? (how tf do you get 40k for a single amulet in the first place)
- I suppose I'll have to quick-travel to the tavern as eventually recuperate and meditate at level 1 each will take ages to recover.

Thanks again.

Every beginning is hard. I remember entering shalemont for the first time and checking prices at lux vendor. I almost quit the game :D sooo expensive and I had around 7k. Step by step, you earn some gold, heavy grinding and farming, Skills to use, sharp shot, light heal, double shot. bolas, up to level of mob
Ranger 227+

Forget the lux stuff for now. It'll be a long time before you can afford it. It does make life easier but with a little practice and a good strategy it's not too hard to cope without it.
When you do get to the point of having a bit of spare gold, a much cheaper alternative to lux gear is to buy health and energy sigils from other players. If you can find a seller in the castle, it should be cheaper than what you'll find for sale in the auction house.

If you think you'll be solo leveling a lot, then I highly recommend getting camouflage from the castle skill vendor. It allows you to get nicely into congested areas and be able to pull individual mobs without getting adds. Though you will find you're in a considerable minority of rangers that has it.
For me I'd suggest bolas and camouflage with enough points to keep them around 10 levels above your current level. Sharp shot and steady aim maxed, then put the rest between light heal and meditate.
You can live without longshot and doubleshot until you get to around level 60 or more, at which point you hopefully will have enough gold to buy. Don't feel the need to buy them at the expense of getting the best vendor bow for your level.

At low levels a good source of gold is fishing. Spending 2 or 3 hours on Lirs Pier getting fishing from 0 to level 20 or so will get you 2 - 3k, enough to be the difference between the 2k and 5k bow in Shalemont. My advice is, only hand in fish from shimmering waters for the level 10 rod quest. Do not hand in any for other fishing quests. It is better to sell them and get the gold instead. If you continue to fish, then you'll need to also do the level 30 rod quest. However, in the interests of getting gold, do not do any other rod quests after. Only get the shop bought rods, these are better and, when you consider the gold you would get for selling the fish you need to hand in for the rod quests, they are a lot cheaper.

If you've not mastered the art of kiting/walking a mob then practice that. Although it takes longer to kill a mob, you'll take considerably less damage, so will have much less recovery time - though only against none ranged mobs.

Finally, collect hunters remains every day and do the maximum daily bounties each day. This will also give you a bit more gold. Plus getting a mount or pet from the hunters prizes will give you another useful skill to use in your fights.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Every beginning is hard. I remember entering shalemont for the first time and checking prices at lux vendor. I almost quit the game :D sooo expensive and I had around 7k. Step by step, you earn some gold, heavy grinding and farming, Skills to use, sharp shot, light heal, double shot. bolas, up to level of mob
Thanks a lot !