Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Energy Shield...

There is no way around it. Either you dont die a lot but have a much lower then capable damage, or have higher damage but die a lot. The truth is, if you want to free up points, your gonna have to first, buy a lot of energy luxery, thus freeing up points from energy boost. Then, get a lot of health lux plus sigils to take points out of eshield. This is my experience.

No way around it.. Mages are a money pit if one wishes to maintain any level of sanity while playing. If you are not willing to put money... Hundreds of dollars .... Into your mage.... Get out now. Cut your losses. It gets worse when your over lvl 100.
After seeing my brother's performance w/ a fire mage build, I have 2 things to say about this.
1) Mages are not money pits if you build them right. All he spent his money on was a master grove wand(35K), Firestorm(10K), Fire attunement(20K), and Warden disc fragments(20K). How did he get so much money WITHOUT PLATINUM, you may ask? One, he's very, very patient and knows where to grind( Giant sewercrawlers were giant piles of health to him). Two, he got duskshadow armor so he didnt have to buy any gear. And 3, he has a great build, which leads me to point 2:
2) Energy shield is a godsent to the mage class. If you use it like my brother did(max shield, boost, and attune, half max lure, and other points in bolt and storm), you can solo 4*s your own level if you wait for a second eshield cast.
Also, he just soloed shimmerspell with his build, because apparently shimmerspell's spell dmg is crap :lol:
It is a money pit, if not at lower lvl than at higher one, mostly at higher one, paper armour as mentioned a lot, high energy cost, low energy regen.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

You have to have boost very high to compensate for the energy used to cast eshield because its very hard to cast boost in a high lvl battle without.

You have to max and at least halve two separate skills just to get a third skill to even remotely hit at its max... 30% of time.

70% of hits aren't close to max... Now add an overall 20 to 30 percent evade rate

So only 70% of each attack skill even hits and only 20 to 30% of those that hit are anywhere near the max.

Firecloaking tank draws aggro which makes it not worth using in long fights.. Why?

Because after you draw aggro .. And die ... You attune doesn't reset so now your hitting crap till it regents. Hope you didn't cast it before you die. Incidently this applies to generic aggro problem, not specifically firecloak issue.

Max ice and miss. See ya.

So, you need two skills to get the third to be functional, need boost high to compensate for eshield u need to cast boost to begin with, firecloak is an aggro deathtrap, paper armor, crap weapons to use while your waiting for your ice to regen after you missed for the second time in a row, put points in vit at cost of damage or put in focus at cost of life...

Naaa.. The mage class isn't broken. We have plenty of skill points for all that

I’m currently a lvl 87 mage it is my alt tho and e shield is a gift to me at this lvl but it takes a good amount of energy.

Lots of low lvl people who are starting the game even if they are rich as heck don’t think about investing in sigils and that’s the problem if you want to be the best mage you can be don’t use e boost, use e sigils
As a lvl 87 mage with 250 hp sigils and 915 e sigils I am op and can solo like a pro with a self plvl i know that most people can’t get the stuff I can but they should still invest in sigils more often since a lot of people don’t at low lvls I’m expecting enough sigils to get my mage 2k e sigils and 500 hp sigils and I was told this should be the minimum for sigils and it’s probably true and I prob gonna still run out when eg because mages suck a lot of e up but the point here is you shouldent be getting insanely good lux you should be getting a good ammy or something and get skill boost rings and braces that add focus and stuff start up like that from a low lvl and add to it making your toon stronger without worrying about energy so don’t spend your money on useless lux get some sigils.
Romules3- 218 Rogue
Romules4- 160 Ranger
Romule- 165 Warrior
Nominator101- 175 Druid
Romules1- 90 Mage

I’m currently a lvl 87 mage it is my alt tho and e shield is a gift to me at this lvl but it takes a good amount of energy.

Lots of low lvl people who are starting the game even if they are rich as heck don’t think about investing in sigils and that’s the problem if you want to be the best mage you can be don’t use e boost, use e sigils
As a lvl 87 mage with 250 hp sigils and 915 e sigils I am op and can solo like a pro with a self plvl i know that most people can’t get the stuff I can but they should still invest in sigils more often since a lot of people don’t at low lvls I’m expecting enough sigils to get my mage 2k e sigils and 500 hp sigils and I was told this should be the minimum for sigils and it’s probably true and I prob gonna still run out when eg because mages suck a lot of e up but the point here is you shouldent be getting insanely good lux you should be getting a good ammy or something and get skill boost rings and braces that add focus and stuff start up like that from a low lvl and add to it making your toon stronger without worrying about energy so don’t spend your money on useless lux get some sigils.
please don't make necro posts... If you want to discuss an older topic make a new post and link the old topic. This way feedback across versions of the game etc doesn't get lost. Since this post was made e shield was fixed so that focus/ice magic was involved in how much damage it could take.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

ive barely spent any money on my mage...my warrior farms great gold and getting a heroic ammy and other lux should be cake for him
ive started planning ahead and already have a lot of stuff my mage could use

also i heard from someones post a bit back that focus' affect on damage has a plateau
after like 300-500 points or something it stops having a big affect on your damage
what level are you thome?

plus i just dont think its worth it to spend a lot of points into a skill which basically just turns a large amount of focus to vit for 1:30
ill be rebirthing my mage once i get started on him and trying out a build with a higher amount of vit and lower amount of focus with no energy shield

also i have a question for some of the more experienced mages...is energy shield affected by armor?
im a level 164 fire mage and i can tell you i still havent hit a plateau im at 1370 focus with my gear
i would suggest following bob's fire mage guide http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=93312
level 170 Fire Mage
PewPewMage Items: http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=PewPewMage

ive barely spent any money on my mage...my warrior farms great gold and getting a heroic ammy and other lux should be cake for him
ive started planning ahead and already have a lot of stuff my mage could use

also i heard from someones post a bit back that focus' affect on damage has a plateau
after like 300-500 points or something it stops having a big affect on your damage
what level are you thome?

plus i just dont think its worth it to spend a lot of points into a skill which basically just turns a large amount of focus to vit for 1:30
ill be rebirthing my mage once i get started on him and trying out a build with a higher amount of vit and lower amount of focus with no energy shield

also i have a question for some of the more experienced mages...is energy shield affected by armor?
im a level 164 fire mage and i can tell you i still havent hit a plateau im at 1370 focus with my gear
i would suggest following bob's fire mage guide http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=93312
This thread is old... This is from 2013, since then OTM has fixed e-shield.

Can a mod please lock this thread...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at