Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Finding Relics

I enjoy fishing in Celtic Heroes, well-designed, exciting and also relaxing at the same time. I also make statistics about my fishing because I love charts. I stopped leveling my fishing at level 80 because I want to obtain the level 1 Bear Pet, so I'm only fishing in Lir’s Reach in the hope to get all the five sunken relics, but only managed to get 2 of them so far. Two in 4000 catch (first around 750, second around 1500), which means I didn’t found any relics in my last 2500 catch, and that’s a lot. Atm, based ony my statistics it seems you only have 0,05% chance to find a relic in total (less than 0,1%!), which is terribly low I think (also treasue-bag finding is only 0,7%).

So I want to know more about how the fishing system works, if possible.

I'm sure there is a system behind it, just like in apple games, you get a guaranteed Epic or Legendary apple in 10/20/30/40 packs. So my main question is about this, is there a guaranteed relic after a certain amount of catches or certain amount of bags? In the first case you separate relics from bags while in the second case you need to hit that 1% to catch a bag, then you need to hit that 10% also to get a relic from it, which is hopefully not a duplicate.
Attachments
fls-cut.jpg
fls-cut.jpg (42.49 KiB) Viewed 5685 times

Re: Finding Relics

Your prior catches don't affect your future ones. It's always the same weighted chance.
The system doesn't keep a record of all your catches so there's no "guarantee" after X amount that you'll get what you need. What's worse is that you may get a relic but it's a duplicate. That last 5th relic is always the toughest to get.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Also I think you need to change "junk" to "glorious treasured boots", one day their value will skyrocket, boot economy!
Spoiler about next update?!!! We need boots to beat the new bosses!

Im buying all boots in Morrigan 10 gold each, hmu in game.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

:lol:

Thanks for the explanation, it's clear now, don't wait for my guaranteed relics then :lol: .
If you have the money, you're better off buying them whenever you see one sensibly priced. Then any that you subsequently catch you can recoup the money by selling on.

Oh, and just to depress you a little bit next time your fishing. Remember any fishing spot could potentially contain a relic. So next time your fishing, just think to yourself that all the other spots you see that you're not fishing could contain a missing relic. And when you pull out that anchovy or boot, just remember that the spot next door could have been the one. :o :lol:
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Remember any fishing spot could potentially contain a relic. So next time your fishing, just think to yourself that all the other spots you see that you're not fishing could contain a missing relic. And when you pull out that anchovy or boot, just remember that the spot next door could have been the one. :o :lol:
Already think about this when I miss a fishing spot. :lol:

Your prior catches don't affect your future ones. It's always the same weighted chance.
The system doesn't keep a record of all your catches so there's no "guarantee" after X amount that you'll get what you need. What's worse is that you may get a relic but it's a duplicate. That last 5th relic is always the toughest to get.

I keep herring this about a weighted chance. This is not the case in my experience. I already have the level 5 bear and about to farm for the sixth bear but can't do turn in until level 190 in fishing. I have seen people say this over and over. I made a tune on Rosmerta a while back to help people fish, I couldn't find the guy that requested help but fished with another guy trying for level 1 bear, he swore you have a chance every cast, I said no it spawns around the zone. I caught all my relics in about three hours on rosmerta and caught 3 relics in shal r and he was still fishing in the same spot. So pop 2 soups if nothing after that go to next spot, after a ring appears a relic may drop after, nodens may mean a ring or relic is about to spawn but I found Nodens can spawn zone wide and can give me a false flag. I traded a few to finish my level 5, but paid back the people with 4 grimy relics, they just need the sword and you will have 2 peeps in Avalon with level 5 bears. Tort still needs her 4 but I will catch those for her by thanksgivings . But go ahead and fish like it's a weighted chance, the fish zones get smaller especially in carrowmore so meanwhile I will be hunting for my level 6.

I keep herring this about a weighted chance. This is not the case in my experience. I already have the level 5 bear and about to farm for the sixth bear but can't do turn in until level 190 in fishing. I have seen people say this over and over. I made a tune on Rosmerta a while back to help people fish, I couldn't find the guy that requested help but fished with another guy trying for level 1 bear, he swore you have a chance every cast, I said no it spawns around the zone. I caught all my relics in about three hours on rosmerta and caught 3 relics in shal r and he was still fishing in the same spot. So pop 2 soups if nothing after that go to next spot, after a ring appears a relic may drop after, nodens may mean a ring or relic is about to spawn but I found Nodens can spawn zone wide and can give me a false flag. I traded a few to finish my level 5, but paid back the people with 4 grimy relics, they just need the sword and you will have 2 peeps in Avalon with level 5 bears. Tort still needs her 4 but I will catch those for her by thanksgivings . But go ahead and fish like it's a weighted chance, the fish zones get smaller especially in carrowmore so meanwhile I will be hunting for my level 6.
I understood some of that, where do you fish in lirs for your relics? Spam fishing holes on dock by tavern?

I have caught all the relics on the docks, you can catch them anywhere in zone. What I do is start on the level 1-3 dock fish for 2 soups if nothing move over to the 11-12 dock and fish, then the square dock. Sometimes it is not there but in the highshore dock or, the beach. But if you leave and come back eventually it will be at the tavern dock again. After you get a relic another one may pop, I will fish for another 30 min after I catch one. Sometimes it comes quick sometimes at the 30 min mark I set. If nothing move to another dock location. On rosmerta I caught 3 within 15 minutes moved and caught the last 2 on the square dock boathouse dock. Luckily I did not get duplicates. I only leveled to 25 by the time I caught my last one in lirs. Of course with the new content I am not sure if they changed anything in lirS. For my main when I farmed em I would pick a spot each zone and fish for 30 if nothing move to the next at a spot and repeat. If it is based on chance I am one lucky fisher. Lol.