Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS Devices

Why so many items lost in the mail?

#1
Looking at the Ask for Help section - there are a lot of tickets for missing items in the mail.

My question is - did the items truly went missing? Or went to a different toon?
Or was it accidental or user error?

I really hope the mail system is 100% reliable because I often send valuable and rare items in the mail.

Can OTM acknowledge that there is indeed a mail bug so I'll just trade toons instead?

And if there is a bug, it has to be high up in the priority list. It would reduce support tickets too.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#2
We've implemented a temporary fix in the Food of the Gods update that reduces the maximum attachment size (Most reports were large mails with many items) until a permanent fix can be applied.

This is a very rare occurrence and yes a good portion of the time it can be a simple case of sent to the wrong character but we do have the issue bugged for further investigation.
Muldar / OTM - Muldar
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Community Manager at OTM

'Mono No Aware'

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#3
Aileron wrote:Looking at the Ask for Help section - there are a lot of tickets for missing items in the mail.

My question is - did the items truly went missing? Or went to a different toon?
Or was it accidental or user error?

I really hope the mail system is 100% reliable because I often send valuable and rare items in the mail.

Can OTM acknowledge that there is indeed a mail bug so I'll just trade toons instead?

And if there is a bug, it has to be high up in the priority list. It would reduce support tickets too.


Know from Experience there is for sure a bug. I had items vanish on 2 accounts because of lag. Equipping an item and sudden lag and then item no where to be found.. later that month I also lost 3 fashion sets on another toon. I had all mail come in but that one.

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#4
Muldar wrote:We've implemented a temporary fix in the Food of the Gods update that reduces the maximum attachment size (Most reports were large mails with many items) until a permanent fix can be applied.

This is a very rare occurrence and yes a good portion of the time it can be a simple case of sent to the wrong character but we do have the issue bugged for further investigation.


Were there cases when the mail simply vanished? I know some clannies, myself included, have received mail with extra items on them. Like I would send 1 item to somebody and when they open the mail, there would be extra 2-3 odd items on it that I didn't send. I always wondered if that was from a mail that went to limbo and ended up in someone else's mail.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#5
Aileron wrote:
Muldar wrote:We've implemented a temporary fix in the Food of the Gods update that reduces the maximum attachment size (Most reports were large mails with many items) until a permanent fix can be applied.

This is a very rare occurrence and yes a good portion of the time it can be a simple case of sent to the wrong character but we do have the issue bugged for further investigation.


Were there cases when the mail simply vanished? I know some clannies, myself included, have received mail with extra items on them. Like I would send 1 item to somebody and when they open the mail, there would be extra 2-3 odd items on it that I didn't send. I always wondered if that was from a mail that went to limbo and ended up in someone else's mail.


No typically it would be one or two items, usually in heavy mails. The logs still exist however so we are able to restore them.

If the second issue happens again let us know for bugging, not heard of extra items before. Could you interact with the items?
Muldar / OTM - Muldar
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Community Manager at OTM

'Mono No Aware'

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#6
Hello,

All items to have been sent are able to be traced.
We can look at your mail history and compare this data with item history/trade history/AH History and from then see which items simply did not send.

This is quite a rare bug and as Muldar said we've added a feature in the update that should help to make this occur even less.

In the meantime I do apologize for how long those tickets in particular take. If people are worried about the status of their ticket please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you.
Please PM me for Support Issues
Image

Morgana is back in the house! ~ Meow!

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#7
Muldar wrote:If the second issue happens again let us know for bugging, not heard of extra items before. Could you interact with the items?


Yes. The extra items end up in my inventory when I take items from the mail. It's been over a year so I don't remember exact details but I do remember it happening at least twice on my toon. I bought something from a clanny, sent me the item and there was a red balloon with it. I asked the person if they sent the balloon and they didn't. The second time it was much more valuable than a red ballon, it was either a heroic gloves of haste or boots of speed that came extra and the person swore they didn't send it, so I couldn't return to whoever sent it originally and unfortunately got crossed with my mail. Poor guy.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#9
It's guaranteed to occur when sending mails with more than 100 items. Several times now I have done this, each time several hundred items went missing afterwards. I accept 100-500 items from a single mail, then after I log out and back in my carried items goes down by a few hundred. The items make it into the inventory but they don't stick there after logging out. Thankfully most of the more valuable items I've lost though this bug have been returned by the support team.
World - Sulis
Clan - 1337

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 190 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 215 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 194 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 194 warrior

All characters full DL/EDL

Est. 2011

Re: Why so many items lost in the mail?

#10
H3ROBigG wrote:It's guaranteed to occur when sending mails with more than 100 items. Several times now I have done this, each time several hundred items went missing afterwards. I accept 100-500 items from a single mail, then after I log out and back in my carried items goes down by a few hundred. The items make it into the inventory but they don't stick there after logging out. Thankfully most of the more valuable items I've lost though this bug have been returned by the support team.


Thanks for the additional information. That will be great for reproduction. Also, glad to hear support has gotten your items back to you.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coman and 14 guests