Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: CH Purely Pay To Win Gaming? Yes/No

Is CH Pay to win? ya. Whether you have to pay, someone has to for you to "win." That much is irrefutable. But it is free to play. You may need to kill gele to "win" but you don't need to to "play."

regardless, as long as there are enough plat buyers the game can stay free for the rest of us.
(Not contradicting bob the mage...)

Somebody is paying.

But really the presence of a percentage of plat buyers frees up the obligation to take out their monthly wages for a greater percentage of other players.
Gotto admit - the relationship between platinum gamers and the not-so #the trade and auction system# does make a difference to ch being PtW through-and-through.
The result is a more balanced game than some other games which are strictly pay to win.

Bottom line is... any player can get ahead in the game as a result...

even the grinder.

100% PayToWin ? I still maintain a negative reply.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Is CH Pay to win? ya. Whether you have to pay, someone has to for you to "win." That much is irrefutable. But it is free to play. You may need to kill gele to "win" but you don't need to to "play."

regardless, as long as there are enough plat buyers the game can stay free for the rest of us.
(Not contradicting bob the mage...)

Somebody is paying.

But really the presence of a percentage of plat buyers frees up the obligation to take out their monthly wages for a greater percentage of other players.
Gotto admit - the relationship between platinum gamers and the not-so #the trade and auction system# does make a difference to ch being PtW through-and-through.
The result is a more balanced game than some other games which are strictly pay to win.

Bottom line is... any player can get ahead in the game as a result...

even the grinder.

100% PayToWin ? I still maintain a negative reply.
Whether its 100% p2w or 50% p2w it is still p2w, though I don't get why we are bringing percentages in here it is either yes or no not 25% or 100%. As others have stated, the use of platinum items are essential to killing raid bosses. Lvling can also require the use of plat items as some mobs are ridiculously strong, though I wouldn't quite say that plat items are always needed. The fact that players needs to use platinum items in order to kill a raid boss is a red flag that this game is p2w. Any game that requires a player to use something that is obtained through micro-transactions in order to progress or beat it is p2w.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Is this game pay to win? NO, not even close
Does it have pay to win aspects? Yes, but it's so minor that I'm not bothered by it
It depends what you consider a "win" scenario.

If by "winning the game" means being able to kill endgame bosses and collecting raid gear - then good luck doing so without plat items.

If "winning the game" means being able to login, camp the castle, duel some friends, buy and sell some cool fashion, fish and cook and level up your toon without lixes/idols/restore pots, then you'd consider the game not p2w.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Does it have pay to win aspects? Yes, but it's so minor that I'm not bothered by it

If by "winning the game" means being able to kill endgame bosses and collecting raid gear - then good luck doing so without plat items.

If "winning the game" means being able to login, camp the castle, duel some friends, buy and sell some cool fashion, fish and cook and level up your toon without lixes/idols/restore pots, then you'd consider the game not p2w.
Fashion is only available due to chests, so can't even get fashion without plat unless you mean pirate, smug, sunlit, or suits...
Any definition of "win" entails plat related items...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

When I think of complete pay to win games, GoW, Mobile strike, and that dumb final fantasy game immediately come to thought. I've played mobile strike and GoW long enough to feel the full effects of Pay to win, meaning no matter how long I played for free, catching up was literally impossible... so you are forced to spend money in order to compete with those good players.

Celtic heroes doesn't have that same hopeless feeling those other games have, as one can play without spending anything and feel like they can stay caught up.

I know what ur saying about the necessity of plat items, but to me, that doesn't make this game a pay to win and is instead a pay to win aspect that is so minor that I'm not bothered by it.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Pay to win has a specific meaning, just beacause you ‘feel’ a word or term means something else does not in mean it does. Any game that has microtransactions in order to boost you which Celtic heroes does strongly, 4x expa, 60 haste’s. You need them to win, so someone has to make the micro transactions.

As to the person who said it’s such a small amount, if you are in a dom clan just look at how many plat items you burn through a month, it requires people to spend large amounts on plat, it’s a top down system just like reality lol, times when plat drys out noobs can’t get their exps easily and quit, the game ultimately suffers. No otm don’t do it perfectly otherwise this game would have attracted a lot more people, the mobile mmo market is growing faster then otm is and just wait for the new releases coming up, it’ll grow even more rapidly, I’m used to it, I don’t mind especially with cooking taking some of the pressure off my resto dependence. Just to claim it’s not pay to win and not using the term correctly if you think it’s not.

People claim wow is now pay to win aswell as pay to play because they have micro transactions for gold and mounts and pets now. I find that more so debatable, ch heroes is pay to win and that’s undeniable.

When I think of complete pay to win games, GoW, Mobile strike, and that dumb final fantasy game immediately come to thought. I've played mobile strike and GoW long enough to feel the full effects of Pay to win, meaning no matter how long I played for free, catching up was literally impossible... so you are forced to spend money in order to compete with those good players.

Celtic heroes doesn't have that same hopeless feeling those other games have, as one can play without spending anything and feel like they can stay caught up.

I know what ur saying about the necessity of plat items, but to me, that doesn't make this game a pay to win and is instead a pay to win aspect that is so minor that I'm not bothered by it.
1+ Eg players can’t grind to get gold either. They are too busy camping daily.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

From my experience as a plat buyer of playin this game has always been pay to lose. I’ve seen countless amount of players who don’t buy a single plat and are very rich they have more then people who spend 1000s on chest . Also another point is if you play on a server like crom you can use your plat to sell chest and with the gold you can buy gear from shops and shop gear sucks bad nothing like edl or dl and getting them on crom is very very difficult the only way paying helps is to get a head start into leveling faster . The fact the dragon is in a chest I like it even Though I buy plat I won’t be going for the dragon egg Max. People who complaining about pay to win just want everything given to them free was rushed probably lots off mistakes in here
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------