Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Unified servers

Would like to get your opinions:
The idea is to combine a few of the small servers together. For example, world A and world B, two small servers, would be combined to now form one server, world C. This would greatly help servers with dying populations who struggle with endgame bossing due to a lack of players. At first it may be chaotic but I believe that everything should even out eventually. What are your opinions on this? Would like OTM to look into this as well. Discuss

Re: Unified servers

Would be a unique idea but
-) How would you truly know if the majority of people on the server want this?
-) what is the majority? 51%, 66 2/3%, 75%?
-) what about top clans? There r now two top clans with same capabilities. What happens to them? Do leaderships merge? Who becomes new chief? :POP:
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I’d say they would need to find a way to put a poll in game for players to choose from to see, I’d say 60% is a majority for a server to see if they want a merge, when it comes to top clans that is a dilemma that the players would need to go about, as some will probably want to stay in their clan since most eg clans people have considered homes for them. If people choose to leave or just simply make a new clan it’s up to you.
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

Yes we have to start somewhere, but we as eg gamers are biast, there may be low eg activity but high mid game, there is a reason otm created nuada, if they knew that some servers are dieng why would they create a new one? They could have merged android with dieng iOS servers, otm do have all the stats.

1.) make new dungeon related content that makes all old end game useless. "End game" clans should not have to farm the same bosses for 3 years. They should get the gear they need to move on to tougher bosses and better gear. Not fight with non-dominant clans over gear they don't need. Each clan should progress at their own pace, so there isnt a dominant clan. Just friends bossing together. The most hardcore bossers will be the most hardcore.

2.) increase the level caps to 250 (make all mordi/necro gear obsolete and not as good as lux. Think aggy gear).

3.) Merge all the servers

4.) Move to AWS and off your clairvoyant hardware that is held together by bubble gum and tape, without any monitoring infrastructure. Move your .ASP server to beanstalk. Add monitoring. I'm sure you invested $$$ on those servers back in 2012 but they are obsolete. If you don't keep with the times, this game will soon follow.

5.) Focus on always adding new gear/bosses and stop building unfathomable that no one needs. Make the bosses cost 3-4X the platinum. Add Chaos resist lixes, which are 4X the plat cost but required for every boss 230+. This provides money OTM needs to survive without having to focus on building noob content to feed a transient population. Right now it seems like OTM uses their small team's resources to efficiently build crap no one needs. Focus on your core players, and not the transient populations which come, play for a month, get to 100, and quit. I know... they buy most of the plat. Figure out a solution...
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

1.) make new dungeon related content that makes all old end game useless. "End game" clans should not have to farm the same bosses for 3 years. They should get the gear they need to move on to tougher bosses and better gear. Not fight with non-dominant clans over gear they don't need. Each clan should progress at their own pace, so there isnt a dominant clan. Just friends bossing together. The most hardcore bossers will be the most hardcore.

2.) increase the level caps to 250 (make all mordi/necro gear obsolete and not as good as lux. Think aggy gear).

3.) Merge all the servers

4.) Move to AWS and off your ****** hardware that is held together by bubble gum and tape, without any monitoring infrastructure. Move your .ASP server to beanstalk. Add monitoring. I'm sure you invested $$$ on those servers back in 2012 but they are obsolete. If you don't keep with the times, this game will soon follow.

5.) Focus on always adding new gear/bosses and stop building **** that no one needs. Make the bosses cost 3-4X the platinum. Add Chaos resist lixes, which are 4X the plat cost but required for every boss 230+. This provides money OTM needs to survive without having to focus on building noob content to feed a transient population. Right now it seems like OTM uses their small team's resources to efficiently build crap no one needs. Focus on your core players, and not the transient populations which come, play for a month, get to 100, and quit. I know... they buy most of the plat. Figure out a solution...
I agree with a lot of things flough said this is a good game, what separates it from the competition is the combat animations and how the game looks in general.

They should only have 1-2 servers max, they should make all the armour bosses spawn every 15mins with no ph, they should make raids have prot timer, they should rework some loot or completely remove it from the table, so people can get the loot they need and move on, they would also need to release a new raid boss every 2-3 months, legacy should be permanent, the main attraction of ch is the bossing? What else do we do so it’s obvious for them to make more, and improve the loot table.

Muldar? Esquilax? Any input?
It has been something we have discussed a few times in passing.

As many have already posted it does however come with a lot of social and economic issues hence why there is no rushed action to do so.