Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Am I the only one out there without millions in gold??

That's insane the prices mounts go for on your server. On my server a 100% unicorn would go for about 5-6 mil.
Mainly it's the shortage of mounts, and the few people willing to sell them.
If you play a lot and have couple of devices, nothing in the game, including merching beats gold bosses.
Merching beats all forms of obtaining gold if done properly. Even if you don't make as much, you make more of an impact. Think about this, if I somehow farmed 1m in a day killing bosses vs. me merching 975k, the merching is better. Why? Because if you take gold out of the economy, it causes prices to fall(inflation). I've used the tactic several times in the past to sweep up extremely rare items for dirt cheap and flip them for 3x+ more gold. And when you get to 9 digits... ooo you know whats gonna happen lol.

On average, I make 250k-3m a day when I try. Or I can just go on for like 5 minutes, list and buy ah stuff, not do anything and make 100k-1m or so.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

But that would be assuming almost no competition, high gold crits, and also farming for hours.

I merch for like 5-30 mins and leave. It's kinda sad, I don't even have to try anymore. I open my 2500+ item inventory, pick 30 random items that are layin around, and come back in 12 hours to alota gold. When I actually seek people out and merch full on, that's when you see my crazy deals.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Can you give me an example of your best "marching" practice? Not to take away your trade secrets, but I do try to use the Auction House as much as I can. Do you buy extra Auction House Slots? Let me give you a hypothetical, say I have 5 "Skewer" training manuals, (I hate those things by the way, seems like I get one every 5 minutes) I look in the AH and see the average price. I then try and sell them for that average price but it takes FOREVER for someone to buy one. So ultimately, I end up dropping the price just to clear the AH slot. So what are the best things to merch that can get quick turnaround? I have had some success with Bone Shards at the moment.
1. My high end item/rares dealing has made me a large sum of gold very quickly. I turned 9m into around 50m with less then 10 trades as one example(bought a 100% uni, sold it for 30ish mil in items, took a 95% horse from that trade, traded for a mythic winterwing, traded that for 18m in chests, and sold a few of the items for extra, and kept one item)

2. You get 5 slots per character. I did buy slots, but only cause I opened like 500 chests and had thousands of plat to waste. Saves time, that's about it.

3. More times then not ah prices are overpriced. But still use ah prices as a loose guide. If you want to buy and sell, you buy cheap and sell for slightly below normal if its common items(like skewer), or normal for lux, or extra for rares.

4. On lugh at least(and this should go for most worlds), hot items are plat items, fash, and mounts. Though personally I deal in rares and collectables as well.
Thanks Furyion, This is great stuff! Cheers and Good luck to you, although you seem to be doing just fine XD
Wrantyx
Ranger
Clan: Concordiia , Donn Server

1m a day killing gold bosses with 8 accounts isn't even hard work, you can easily pull 1-2m a day from gold bosses with 8 account.

Chaotic your logic really makes no sense.

Furyion said he can spend 5 minutes in game and make between 100k and 1 mil in gold buying and selling. I don't know if that's true or not but lets assume it is.

You came back defending Gold bosses as the best way to make gold by saying you could play 8 accounts and pull 1-2 Million gold a day. Maybe you were being sarcastic I'm not sure, but lets me see.

On one hand I can spend 5 minutes a day on my main character or just a level 1 alt seller character

or I can spend

Thousands of dollars on 8 different devices to play 8 accounts and spend all day farming non stop

What seems like the better strategy?

And what if your a new player who can’t afford to get old items for cheap in order to flip them? But you are able to log multiple accounts and level them. I’d go with gold bosses since it’s a income that’s almost guaranteed compared to a mercher who may or may not sell things that are wanted.

On our server we have a mercher who sells things people want to an extent but the prices he asks for are not ideal for him this most of his gold come from slightly boosted plat items he gains from chests
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

And what if your a new player who can’t afford to get old items for cheap in order to flip them? But you are able to log multiple accounts and level them. I’d go with gold bosses since it’s a income that’s almost guaranteed compared to a mercher who may or may not sell things that are wanted.
It doesn't have to be an old item, that's just what I do. You can flip basically anything, but some things aren't worth investing in imo. But, compare that to his method. He is mentioning 8 alts(for max gold bonus), which also means you need to level AND gear EIGHT alts. The bar for affording merching is way lower then that. You can say merching isn't consistent, but there is potential for profit everywhere if you know where to look.
Because gold bosses are consistent, and in the same 2 years furyion says he is worth a quarter of a billion you would be worth 700-1billion with gold bosses.

Merching isn't consistent it requires a lot of luck and a lot of desperate plat buyers.
You'd have to be farming ALL day for years straight to earn that(or even close), its completely unreasonable...

My example is from my time in 2013/2014, pre-auction house. 1 of those 2 years I didn't even play, I made smart investments and quit for a year and let my items increase. And during the year I did play(2013) I merched in my SPARE time. I was bossing for dl, garanak, and raid gear a large percent of my time online. Compounded with the fact of having an auction house around now, it only got easier from there. Ill say it takes luck only for novice merchants, if you build up your contacts and find out who needs what and who is selling what and how to negotiate then its merely skill at that point.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.