Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How are drops collected in your world?

^ I'm confused.

How can a once in a blue moon player get a drop he wants, if he has to attend the boss to actually use dkp?

And how do you roll for drops if you're using dkp?

And you just gave a reason as to why no decay is bad, but you then go ahead and say your own server has no decay?

I.. don't get it.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Can people roll for those drops with the intention to sell?
Yes. I mean it’s your drop once you win. It’s better to keep the drops on the server then dropping them in the bank for 3937 years
Good drops won't be banked for 3937 years.

How would you feel if someone rolled and won a godly prot attack brace while you had been coming to prot since its release, and then they end up "selling" it to their friend.

Fact is, rolling poses too many problems on a game where the best items barely drop.

People in Epona must be all from Vegas or something.
We just not greedy and don’t take this game like real life cause either way life is not fair

Zyzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ad Homs r my favrite bombs :twisted:

Sometimes people just need to be told to shut up.

Sometimes personal insults just make it sound soo much better :ugeek:

I will post again in three years when something on these forums jars me from my slumber

#makecelticheroesgreatagain
:lol:
yup :|

We just not greedy and don’t take this game like real life cause either way life is not fair
Doesn't mean you can't make it more fair. DKP is about as close to fair as you can get, rolling just makes me feel annoyed and makes me not want to camp anything... only works on a server that 100% cooperates which imo is boring. I enjoy the competition.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Most foods one epona will end up with who wants em. That's the beauty of our free and open world. If someone wins a drop who is a random bosses or semi-inactive, a lot of times they'll sell it/trade it.

There's a reason why we still get people transferring here almost every week. They're tired of DKP/ dom servers where you gotta be in one of the too clan stuff in order to be geared. That and you gotta deal with clannies who you may not like in order to have a chance at drops.

You can be clanless here and still get geared, or be in a smaller clan and have equal chance. Epona is more casual and better for casual type players and not hardcore bossers. If people don't like our system, they don't have to play here. For most, they like it.

Does your world has a decay system? cause if it isnt then that once in a moon player with significant points can come up and roll for the item he wanted. In my world, Sulis there is no decay. Therefore the points keep stacking up and decrease due purchasing the DKP items.
We do not use decay. Decay is really cool, however the argument against it is strong:

We pay for drops in time, elixirs, idols, and potions, so to lose points for inactivity is rather unfair: if you were active a year ago, killing loads of Mordrises and racking up thousands of Mord points, and you didn’t spend them much, when you return that effort is lost! Your past contributions to the clan do not matter anymore? Hence why we are decayless.

Regardless, “once in a blue moon” players tend not to roll for drops, playing for the fun of bossing rather than personal gain.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Hey legbendz

Instead of talking **** against dicing systems all these years why not be happy you have it so well and leave it at that. Phuk you used to blow yr mouth off about lugh before too. Fact is Dom clans ain't for everyone. Try going and starting up in a dom clan server when there are no decent drops in circulation and you can't group at bosses unless you join assholes like you. Kills the game actually. I can't imagine how many potential players have left the game over the years because of your holier than thou "I've been here longer, me me me attitude". Sure it would blow losing that drop after you've put in time, but that new player might quit before they ever even get the chance to obtain it on a lot of worlds.
How is grinding and helping a group of people obtain the best gear a holier than thou attitude. I remember how frustrated I was when Yathir was the event and we would roll for drops, I tanked, healed and help dps every Yathir (ok not every, but of the 4 that spawned I was at three. At the time the system on our world was roll based, I walked away from that event with only 3 radiant items and lost the roll on radiant bp everytime. Of the 4 radiant BP i saw drop only 1 time did i feel it went to someone who deserved it. One time the person who one kept spamming me asking if I would buy it from him for 400k, which was more than I had at that time, but he knew I wanted it and he only rolled to make money off it. Honestly I quit for a short time because of how frustrating that was.
Fact is Epona is a strong active server. More than can be said of about a lot of worlds right now. It takes longer to gear, but no where near as long as it takes to reach endgame on servers with competing clans.
So strong that according to playerup.com I can buy a gele dagger and blood set on your server for $650 - how frustrating to know that you can grind and work for something that someone else can obtain simply by spending mom and dads money on.

"Hey kid, weren't you in our rival clan that we outlock all the time"
"Yyesss, sir, but I had to join them to get mid game gear sir"
"Sorry punk we don't take members from our rival clans"
"But please kind sir, I really want to reach end game, and and I'll buy you plat items . . ."
"Sorry kid back a the line I've been here longer"
The clan I am in seems to only reject other players because they are drama inducing or total jerks toward people. If you work hard and have a good attitude I've never seen us turn someone away because of what former clan they were in.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Hey legbendz

Instead of talking **** against dicing systems all these years why not be happy you have it so well and leave it at that.
Dude chill out, just trying to let some Eponians know that they have better choices on CH than a dice regime.
Phuk you used to blow yr mouth off about lugh before too. Fact is Dom clans ain't for everyone. Try going and starting up in a dom clan server when there are no decent drops in circulation and you can't group at bosses unless you join assholes like you. Kills the game actually. I can't imagine how many potential players have left the game over the years because of your holier than thou "I've been here longer, me me me attitude". Sure it would blow losing that drop after you've put in time, but that new player might quit before they ever even get the chance to obtain it on a lot of worlds.
It is much easier to join dominant clans if you have a good attitude and don't drag your reputation through the mud, evidently something you don't have.
Fact is Epona is a strong active server. More than can be said of about a lot of worlds right now. It takes longer to gear, but no where near as long as it takes to reach endgame on servers with competing clans.

"Hey kid, weren't you in our rival clan that we outlock all the time"
"Yyesss, sir, but I had to join them to get mid game gear sir"
"Sorry punk we don't take members from our rival clans"
"But please kind sir, I really want to reach end game, and and I'll buy you plat items . . ."
"Sorry kid back a the line I've been here longer"

Phuket
How ignorant are you? No one does that. If the rival clannie is chill then they can go anywhere in this game, it's all about attitude and reputation.

So if you scam, moan about not getting geared over player x, consistently lie to rip off people, spread rumours and just be a general *** then you're done on this game on most servers, and it seems like you can do most of these things on Epona and still be a part of the system which is sad, people with that behaviour are better off not polluting the environment.
Wattzon of Sulis

Doesn't mean you can't make it more fair. DKP is about as close to fair as you can get, rolling just makes me feel annoyed and makes me not want to camp anything... only works on a server that 100% cooperates which imo is boring. I enjoy the competition.[/quote]

Personally never had an issue with that. And that is why I am on Epona. I can enjoy the game and not just camp bosses and make enemies