Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

DPS (revisited... again...)

Ok, I know there's been previous discussions about DPS autos etc., but I'd like to bring up two more points that lean slightly in one direction.
(in no particular order: )

1.) efficiency comparisons
ex: compare two different builds
build A: with 1 DPS 10 damage per blow/10 seconds between blows
build B with 1 DPS 99 dmg/99sec
pitted against a mob with <100 hp B wins as its a one shot kill,
pitted against a 100 hp mob then A wins (90sec vs B'sec 99s (if hit happens before time count or you could say 100sec vs B's 198sec (if hit happens at end of count))

(not sure how much this practically effects a game where you fight mobs of varying orders of magnitude, but I'd be interested to see other's breakdown of the premise)

2.) (possibly more of a factor) critical hits
assuming that every hit has an equal chance of scoring a crit, then wouldn't (builds from above) A be approximately 10 times more likely to score a crit in 100s than B?
If, however, crits are scaled with hits/time or DPS even, then this is a non-factor altogether.

(once again, idk how it works, so I'd like to hear if and how much of an effect this has)

Pretending that each (or one) of these are valid and given an all things being equal scenario, it would seem that a lighter, faster weapon would be slightly more efficient. Please correct me if and where I'm wrong (politely sil vous plait ;) ), otherwise I'd love to hear discussion on real-world validity.
-Cheers

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Re: DPS (revisited... again...)

Ok, I know there's been previous discussions about DPS autos etc., but I'd like to bring up two more points that lean slightly in one direction.
(in no particular order: )

1.) efficiency comparisons
ex: compare two different builds
build A: with 1 DPS 10 damage per blow/10 seconds between blows
build B with 1 DPS 99 dmg/99sec
pitted against a mob with <100 hp B wins as its a one shot kill,
pitted against a 100 hp mob then A wins (90sec vs B'sec 99s (if hit happens before time count or you could say 100sec vs B's 198sec (if hit happens at end of count))

(not sure how much this practically effects a game where you fight mobs of varying orders of magnitude, but I'd be interested to see other's breakdown of the premise)

2.) (possibly more of a factor) critical hits
assuming that every hit has an equal chance of scoring a crit, then wouldn't (builds from above) A be approximately 10 times more likely to score a crit in 100s than B?
If, however, crits are scaled with hits/time or DPS even, then this is a non-factor altogether.

(once again, idk how it works, so I'd like to hear if and how much of an effect this has)

Pretending that each (or one) of these are valid and given an all things being equal scenario, it would seem that a lighter, faster weapon would be slightly more efficient. Please correct me if and where I'm wrong (politely sil vous plait ;) ), otherwise I'd love to hear discussion on real-world validity.
-Cheers
You see this interplay with mages all the time between fire and ice, especially at low levels while leveling. An icemage may one hit a mob, but if it doesn’t kill it in 2 hits it will take a lot longer to die then it would for a fire mage.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at