Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#61
Zyz wrote:Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having an opinion on what teachers should do in the classroom without ever having taught.

well, not exactly, if you're a student and the teacher isn't teaching you well enough, or doesn't even attempt to bash the knowledge into your mind, then that student probably knows what the teacher should do.

Say you have a teacher who lets some of the students smart off to him, and he doesn't do anything, which just makes the kid think he can do that whenever he wants. I have never taught, but that teacher should stand up for himself and take the kid to the principal, or write the kid up, or tell the kid he will get a 0 for the day.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#62
Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having a 10 year child having an opinion on how to be a 40 year old parent.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#63
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:I do not recall ever stating that your opinion has no validity; only that mine has some, as well. How does spending time earning gold in the castle make your opinion invalid? These are the facts: you need good gear to get stronger in the game. Unless you have a ton of time on your hands to farm, the only way to do that is some retail, which works best in the castle due to the concentration of players there. Once you earn the gold to get your new gear, you leave the castle and start to gradually grind to the next levels. I said my highest is level 100; that toon didn't just magically appear. I had to spend time outside of the castle to grind and work with quests, etc. Meaning I do understand a decent portion of the game, and whether you think "castle campers" have an opinion or not, I do. Now, the only way I would ever have reached that level to begin with, because I don't have time to farm and grind, is through the events and chests that came with them. If there wasn't events, there wouldn't be chests. If there wasn't chests, there wouldn't be the items from old events that you mentioned, meaning - as I previously stated - that chests are the main source of income for merchants. Please, explain to me how my reasoning insinuates that I'm smoking something.

Voldemort's highest level character is on Lugh and is level 127+. He hasn't reached endgame and he spends much more time on the forums than in-game. All this he said himself in his Introduction. Yet here, he writes:

"Voldemort wrote:
It's something that I might like to see brought back once OTM have caught up on all their current permanent content ideas. For now, I think it's a good idea to focus on permanent content. :)"

Muldar's highest level character is 172+. He hasn't reached endgame and you rarely see him in the actual game; he spends more time on the forums, doing his job.

According to your ideas on who has the right to give their opinion on the game, neither of these two and countless others apply. Would you like to write to OTM and tell them their forums Moderator and Admin can no longer voice what they want to see in the game, or should I quote it for you? EVERYONE has the right to give their opinion, it is up to OTM to decide which route they want to take.

100 isn't even 1/5 of the way to endgame. 127 isn't even 1/4. 172 isnt even 1/2. Volde doesn't play game, therefore his opinion about things is based on what he reads alone. Muldar doesn't play much band when he did he had things handed to him by players wanting to butter up an otm admin. They have rights to their opinions but whether their opinion holds merit or not is a whole different discussion. Don't get your pantys in a bunch because I disagree with you. If you went out and actually played the game instead of treating it like social hour you would be a much higher level. How do you think people are already 220 on Nuada, which was released about a month ago? They have dl sets too. You are probably full warden at best at level 100 sitting around castle. You're a noob. You're not experienced in the game yet. I repeat; YOU HAVE NO MERIT TO YOUR OPINIONS!! your opinions hold no merit, and therefore you don't have the right to attack people 5x a day on this thread. **** off.

See that's where you keep going wrong. A). I said neither Muldar nor Voldemort had reach endgame yet. What was the purpose of you repeating that? B). All opinions hold merit. Research the difference between fact and opinion before you rant, please. Facts are accountable to merit, opinions are all valid. C). You're the one doing the attacking. Not me. Go ahead and look back for your proof; you replied to my original post and started this whole thing because you don't agree with me. D). Maybe if you stopped treating the game like it was the only part of life and actually went out to try working you'd get why a lot of us aren't at endgame yet and why we treat it like social hour. If you have enough time on your hands to reach endgame in under a month, you're not focused nearly enough on real life. Don't try to condescend me for actually doing some physical labor instead of sitting back and enjoying game time all day. Get real. E). "**** off." F). Now that we've come full circle, I'll repeat my question- would you like to contact OTM and demand that they invalidate the opinions of anyone who hasn't reached endgame, including their own staff, or do you want me to quote it to them for you?


I forget who it was but there's a father on here of three little kids, a wife, he works the usual shift for a full time employment salaried job, all the while keeping hobbys and such, never having spent a cent on game, and he reached endgame in I think he said 3 months. That's someone who has about 2-3 hours max a day to play.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#64
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:100 isn't even 1/5 of the way to endgame. 127 isn't even 1/4. 172 isnt even 1/2. Volde doesn't play game, therefore his opinion about things is based on what he reads alone. Muldar doesn't play much band when he did he had things handed to him by players wanting to butter up an otm admin. They have rights to their opinions but whether their opinion holds merit or not is a whole different discussion. Don't get your pantys in a bunch because I disagree with you. If you went out and actually played the game instead of treating it like social hour you would be a much higher level. How do you think people are already 220 on Nuada, which was released about a month ago? They have dl sets too. You are probably full warden at best at level 100 sitting around castle. You're a noob. You're not experienced in the game yet. I repeat; YOU HAVE NO MERIT TO YOUR OPINIONS!! your opinions hold no merit, and therefore you don't have the right to attack people 5x a day on this thread. **** off.

See that's where you keep going wrong. A). I said neither Muldar nor Voldemort had reach endgame yet. What was the purpose of you repeating that? B). All opinions hold merit. Research the difference between fact and opinion before you rant, please. Facts are accountable to merit, opinions are all valid. C). You're the one doing the attacking. Not me. Go ahead and look back for your proof; you replied to my original post and started this whole thing because you don't agree with me. D). Maybe if you stopped treating the game like it was the only part of life and actually went out to try working you'd get why a lot of us aren't at endgame yet and why we treat it like social hour. If you have enough time on your hands to reach endgame in under a month, you're not focused nearly enough on real life. Don't try to condescend me for actually doing some physical labor instead of sitting back and enjoying game time all day. Get real. E). "**** off." F). Now that we've come full circle, I'll repeat my question- would you like to contact OTM and demand that they invalidate the opinions of anyone who hasn't reached endgame, including their own staff, or do you want me to quote it to them for you?


I forget who it was but there's a father on here of three little kids, a wife, he works the usual shift for a full time employment salaried job, all the while keeping hobbys and such, never having spent a cent on game, and he reached endgame in I think he said 3 months. That's someone who has about 2-3 hours max a day to play.

You do realize I wrote one month, right? And also, what proof do you have? Lmao when I was seven I used to tell people I was twenty on games, and they bought it. Besides, having a full time job with a salary and children and a wife does not mean you're doing well. What job is it? How many hours does he work between pays? How much is he paid? Does he actually spend time with his family? I don't know what you would choose, but when I get home after a long day of real work, I prefer to spend my time with my family, not with a game. There are way too many variables there to use that as a defense.
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#65
Aileron wrote:Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having a 10 year child having an opinion on how to be a 40 year old parent.

First off, my opinion was never about how to change endgame, only whether or not to keep chests and events. Secondly, I have to point this out concerning your statement:

"Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like" an 18-year-old citizen being able to vote about something as serious as who the next president is without even having enough experience in life to be elected into any political position themselves..... Oh wait.....
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#66
Valrem wrote:
Aileron wrote:Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having a 10 year child having an opinion on how to be a 40 year old parent.

First off, my opinion was never about how to change endgame, only whether or not to keep chests and events. Secondly, I have to point this out concerning your statement:

"Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like" an 18-year-old citizen being able to vote about something as serious as who the next president is without even having enough experience in life to be elected into any political position themselves..... Oh wait.....


An 18-year old can vote for the next President, but the 18-year old doesn't tell the President how the country should be run. Not exactly an accurate analogy. Good try though.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#67
Aileron wrote:
Valrem wrote:
Aileron wrote:Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having a 10 year child having an opinion on how to be a 40 year old parent.

First off, my opinion was never about how to change endgame, only whether or not to keep chests and events. Secondly, I have to point this out concerning your statement:

"Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like" an 18-year-old citizen being able to vote about something as serious as who the next president is without even having enough experience in life to be elected into any political position themselves..... Oh wait.....


An 18-year old can vote for the next President, but the 18-year old doesn't tell the President how the country should be run. Not exactly an accurate analogy. Good try though.

Haha except it is an accurate analogy. You vote based on which candidate is most likely to share your opinions, which by default gives you a measure in how the country is run, and furthermore you also still get to vote, in a sense, in the laws that president enforces since you chose your representatives in the senate and the house. Meaning you do get a say in how the country is run based on your right to vote- if you didn't, it would be called a tyranny, monarchy, or anarchy, etc., instead.

The whole point of America's form of government is that the people rule themselves, via elected representatives. Not to mention, voting is placing your opinion on who should be elected; you voting doesn't mean your choice will be elected indefinitely, but it sure does increase the candidates odds, which in turn benefits you.

Kind of similar to this situation, yeah? I cast my opinion to increase the odds of what I want coming to be, but that doesn't mean what I want will absolutely happen. I also am not an endgame player, just as a younger citizens are not experienced enough to be a candidate themselves (and they also haven't completed the prerequisites to apply for the position; another useful analogy), yet they still get to cast their vote, because whatever happens effects everyone, including them. Thus, I (and all other non-endgame players) do have the right to give our opinion on the matter and our opinion is valid because whichever option is chosen, the choice will effect us all.

...Good try, though.
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#68
Aileron wrote:Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having a 10 year child having an opinion on how to be a 40 year old parent.

not if the parent beats the child for no reason ;) pretty sure that child would then know how not to parent.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#69
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:100 isn't even 1/5 of the way to endgame. 127 isn't even 1/4. 172 isnt even 1/2. Volde doesn't play game, therefore his opinion about things is based on what he reads alone. Muldar doesn't play much band when he did he had things handed to him by players wanting to butter up an otm admin. They have rights to their opinions but whether their opinion holds merit or not is a whole different discussion. Don't get your pantys in a bunch because I disagree with you. If you went out and actually played the game instead of treating it like social hour you would be a much higher level. How do you think people are already 220 on Nuada, which was released about a month ago? They have dl sets too. You are probably full warden at best at level 100 sitting around castle. You're a noob. You're not experienced in the game yet. I repeat; YOU HAVE NO MERIT TO YOUR OPINIONS!! your opinions hold no merit, and therefore you don't have the right to attack people 5x a day on this thread. **** off.

See that's where you keep going wrong. A). I said neither Muldar nor Voldemort had reach endgame yet. What was the purpose of you repeating that? B). All opinions hold merit. Research the difference between fact and opinion before you rant, please. Facts are accountable to merit, opinions are all valid. C). You're the one doing the attacking. Not me. Go ahead and look back for your proof; you replied to my original post and started this whole thing because you don't agree with me. D). Maybe if you stopped treating the game like it was the only part of life and actually went out to try working you'd get why a lot of us aren't at endgame yet and why we treat it like social hour. If you have enough time on your hands to reach endgame in under a month, you're not focused nearly enough on real life. Don't try to condescend me for actually doing some physical labor instead of sitting back and enjoying game time all day. Get real. E). "**** off." F). Now that we've come full circle, I'll repeat my question- would you like to contact OTM and demand that they invalidate the opinions of anyone who hasn't reached endgame, including their own staff, or do you want me to quote it to them for you?


I forget who it was but there's a father on here of three little kids, a wife, he works the usual shift for a full time employment salaried job, all the while keeping hobbys and such, never having spent a cent on game, and he reached endgame in I think he said 3 months. That's someone who has about 2-3 hours max a day to play.

what levels are your chars?
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#70
Frozensoul wrote:
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:See that's where you keep going wrong. A). I said neither Muldar nor Voldemort had reach endgame yet. What was the purpose of you repeating that? B). All opinions hold merit. Research the difference between fact and opinion before you rant, please. Facts are accountable to merit, opinions are all valid. C). You're the one doing the attacking. Not me. Go ahead and look back for your proof; you replied to my original post and started this whole thing because you don't agree with me. D). Maybe if you stopped treating the game like it was the only part of life and actually went out to try working you'd get why a lot of us aren't at endgame yet and why we treat it like social hour. If you have enough time on your hands to reach endgame in under a month, you're not focused nearly enough on real life. Don't try to condescend me for actually doing some physical labor instead of sitting back and enjoying game time all day. Get real. E). "**** off." F). Now that we've come full circle, I'll repeat my question- would you like to contact OTM and demand that they invalidate the opinions of anyone who hasn't reached endgame, including their own staff, or do you want me to quote it to them for you?


I forget who it was but there's a father on here of three little kids, a wife, he works the usual shift for a full time employment salaried job, all the while keeping hobbys and such, never having spent a cent on game, and he reached endgame in I think he said 3 months. That's someone who has about 2-3 hours max a day to play.

what levels are your chars?


220, 217, 205, 190... I've said his many times before and I am dumbfounded by the fact you two continuesly attack me for having an opinion
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shivahh and 17 guests