Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Are we heading in the right direction?

Bad anology^ the real one should be. 10 form one group and those who work hard to get food for the group get the majority of the food. The other 10 split into another group, 5 help out loads 4 help out some 1 doesn't help at all but as they play a luck game to divide food the 1 can still get as much food as the others.
So my analogy is bad because you disagree with my opinion? :lol:
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

@Aileron; Of course I know that was an analogy. But since you've reused the same analogy multiple times, it really seems like you believe playing CH is comparable to working for your livelihood.

And since you're so fond of analogies, here's one for our side of the argument:

A plane crashes in the ocean next to a small island. 20 people survive. There's a limited amount of food on this island, barely enough to feed the 20 people for a month.
6 of the 20 survivors form a group and take all the food they can find, hide it and divide it amongst themselves. The other 14, unable to eat, starve to death shortly before the group of 6 are rescued at week 3. Does that seem fair in the 21st century?
Would be a fine if in CH if your toon could die permanently and another clan was able to 'hide' the bosses from other groups. Since the other group can form together and fight for the food or bosses, there's a flaw.

Now if you switch it to say, which is more fair - on an island there is a limited amount of food given daily or weekly. Situation A is the people roll for their food even though some regularly go hunt, gather supplies, and contribute a lot whole some only occasionally help. Situation B is those that help the most receive the larger allotment of food.

In situation A, Bill who is an active contributer daily and Joe only contributes once a week both get an equal opportunity at the weeks allotment of food. In situation B, Bill would receive the most food because he contributed much more than Joe.
I think we have a misunderstanding; The group of 6 represents the dominant clan and the other 14 represent the rest of the server. Also, hiding was meant to represent locking a boss. Think of dying as quitting the game in this scenario.
I got what you were alluding to but Aileron was talking about rolls vs DKP and or random chance vs most active and who gets gear. You switched it over to dominant vs non dominant clans which is totally different than what we were just discussing.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Would be a fine if in CH if your toon could die permanently and another clan was able to 'hide' the bosses from other groups. Since the other group can form together and fight for the food or bosses, there's a flaw.

Now if you switch it to say, which is more fair - on an island there is a limited amount of food given daily or weekly. Situation A is the people roll for their food even though some regularly go hunt, gather supplies, and contribute a lot whole some only occasionally help. Situation B is those that help the most receive the larger allotment of food.

In situation A, Bill who is an active contributer daily and Joe only contributes once a week both get an equal opportunity at the weeks allotment of food. In situation B, Bill would receive the most food because he contributed much more than Joe.
I think we have a misunderstanding; The group of 6 represents the dominant clan and the other 14 represent the rest of the server. Also, hiding was meant to represent locking a boss. Think of dying as quitting the game in this scenario.
I got what you were alluding to but Aileron was talking about rolls vs DKP and or random chance vs most active and who gets gear. You switched it over to dominant vs non dominant clans which is totally different than what we were just discussing.
I don't think anyone is arguing that rolls themselves are better than dkp systems themselves here, rolls just come with the nature of a co-operative open market server.
I posted this earlier, seems nobody really took any notice of it;
We don't use dice because we think it's the absolute perfect way to distribute drops. We use dice because there's no other system that can include everyone. Plus nobody is stopping a clan in epona using a dkp system, I've even suggested something similar for my clan. So no, it's still definitely cooperative vs Dominant/competitive.
This was a reply to ailerons post somewhere along the lines of 'it's not dominant vs co-op, it's effort vs luck'. This thread was actually about whether nuada should be dominant or co-op originally, believe it or not....
Last edited by TheLordOfDiablos on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

Bad anology^ the real one should be. 10 form one group and those who work hard to get food for the group get the majority of the food. The other 10 split into another group, 5 help out loads 4 help out some 1 doesn't help at all but as they play a luck game to divide food the 1 can still get as much food as the others.
So my analogy is bad because you disagree with my opinion? :lol:
The analogy is bad because it doesn't reflect properly, there is opportunities for collection of food for all the people there the ones that choose not to band together will collect less food but also have less people to feed.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Just give up zkills...the analogy was correct and who cares if $20000 is exaggerated. Would you be happier if it is changed to $2000? The number is entirely irrelivent. It shows a side of luck and the long time worker/camper/attendee getting nothing even tho they have put in all the extra effort. All you are foing is showing how poorly you understand what an analogy is.
Anyone can understand what an analogy is, his was simply just bad and stupid for comparing the real world with a virtual world. There was no relatable comparison there and anyone with a good understanding could see that.

Is this all you people do on a daily basis for the past few years? Come on the forums and start idiotic arguments? Lmao
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Just give up zkills...the analogy was correct and who cares if $20000 is exaggerated. Would you be happier if it is changed to $2000? The number is entirely irrelivent. It shows a side of luck and the long time worker/camper/attendee getting nothing even tho they have put in all the extra effort. All you are foing is showing how poorly you understand what an analogy is.
Anyone can understand what an analogy is, his was simply just bad and stupid for comparing the real world with a virtual world. There was no relatable comparison there and anyone with a good understanding could see that.

Is this all you people do on a daily basis for the past few years? Come on the forums and start idiotic arguments? Lmao
The comparison wasn't about a virtual world. It was about a specific situation. I'm not sure why you don't understand that. You can have analogies using a train and a walrus. Neither have anything to do with each other. You could have an analogy using a trash can and mickey mouse. Neither have anything to do with each other. As long as the SPECIFIC situation your using for your analogy works, then the analogy works.

Children's books, fairy tales, and mythology is full of analogies involving non human entities. No one says "what a stupid analogy because they used a stuffed animal" in a kids book even though a stuffed animal has nothing to do with a person.

If you don't believe me, go ask your English teacher. But take him or her that specific situation. I have a feeling that because it's Aileron, it doesn't matter what he says, you're not going to like it and refuse it as truth even if it is. He could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with him just to be right.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Can you make an analogy about this story.

My toon Blinkdagger was lvl 100+ camping coppinger for my meteoric set.
While waiting for my clan Next that time, MrScar from clan Concordiia came alone and kill coppinger.
I ask her why still killing coppinger if you have full edl set.
She said for her clan.
I told her, look at me, only warden set.

How can we go in the right direction if someone stopping you?
Clanless in DONN server... but HAPPY :lol:

yingyang - mage - lvl 100+
blinkdagger - rogue - lvl 100+
coppinger - rogue - lvl 100+
the excalibur - warrior - lvl 50+
waljanmackerro - mage - lvl 50+
breathoffire - mage - lvl 50+

While waiting for my clan Next that time, MrScar from clan Concordiia came alone and kill coppinger.
She said for her clan.

Sure. And I could do it using teddy bears or walking dead or balloons or etc. Just for fun I'll make an extreme analogy. Your brother needs some medicine or he will die. Another individual also needs the same medicine or he will die. The medicine is being held in a building which require certain tools to get into. You have the tools to get into the building immediately to get the life saving medicine. The other individual is at the same building but has to wait for friends to arrive. Do you go ahead and go get the medicine to save your brother or do you let the other individual wait for his friends so he gets it? I'd assume you'd take care of your family first.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

She said for her clan.

Sure. And I could do it using teddy bears or walking dead or balloons or etc. Just for fun I'll make an extreme analogy. Your brother needs some medicine or he will die. Another individual also needs the same medicine or he will die. The medicine is being held in a building which require certain tools to get into. You have the tools to get into the building immediately to get the life saving medicine. The other individual is at the same building but has to wait for friends to arrive. Do you go ahead and go get the medicine to save your brother or do you let the other individual wait for his friends so he gets it? I'd assume you'd take care of your family first.

Here's my version;

You're brother needs medicine because his dying but he is in the house resting.
Another individual also need the same medicine, and go to the building. But he cannot enter the building because his dying.
So he call his friends to help him get the medicine.
His dying but he effort to go to the building.

Will you help the dying man and share the medicine? Or you just leave him in front of the building until he die?

Maybe there's two medicine in the building...
You never know...
Clanless in DONN server... but HAPPY :lol:

yingyang - mage - lvl 100+
blinkdagger - rogue - lvl 100+
coppinger - rogue - lvl 100+
the excalibur - warrior - lvl 50+
waljanmackerro - mage - lvl 50+
breathoffire - mage - lvl 50+

She said for her clan.

Here's my version;

You're brother needs medicine because his dying but he is in the house resting.
Another individual also need the same medicine, and go to the building. But he cannot enter the building because his dying.
So he call his friends to help him get the medicine.
His dying but he effort to go to the building.

Will you help the dying man and share the medicine? Or you just leave him in front of the building until he die?

Maybe there's two medicine in the building...
You never know...
That's a good one also. If Karl was the sick one at home and Negan the dying man at the door, I think Rick would help his son Karl :)
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue