Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Shouldn't lures have a faster cooldown?

Honestly i think mages are fine as they are. They have their purpouse so does a rogue. Mages are good at leveling, if any balancing needs to happen it needs to be a druid attunement added
They do need the lure adjusted, I level with a mage on my rogue and they can't catch up luring mobs before they die, their damage is mostly depending on lure and all of it is depending on skills, other classes have auto attacks so it's not much of a deal, not mentioning physical classes most times are hasted when lixing.

Druid attunement lol!
You wanna have a class with best buffs, heals, maybe pvp, unresisted swarms, magic damage that does good on tower, and now what, attunement? Why not give them edl bow and quiver too lol.

Need to struggle for good results
I really don't know how stupid you are. Druids are the least played class, yes they have buffs and heals BUT they cannot run those buffs, heals and dps at the same time so it's not a big problem. Swarm actually does decently low damage anyway and druids level like mages, using their skills (unless you want melee also but its so expensive). Druids need a skill buff as skills like storm and strike don't scratch damage like ice blast, shards, firebolt (compare strike to bolt and storm to shards for cooldowns) and the DOT's should do insta damage when casting like rupture just to make the classes balanced.
Hi

Honestly i think mages are fine as they are. They have their purpouse so does a rogue. Mages are good at leveling, if any balancing needs to happen it needs to be a druid attunement added
They do need the lure adjusted, I level with a mage on my rogue and they can't catch up luring mobs before they die, their damage is mostly depending on lure and all of it is depending on skills, other classes have auto attacks so it's not much of a deal, not mentioning physical classes most times are hasted when lixing.

Druid attunement lol!
You wanna have a class with best buffs, heals, maybe pvp, unresisted swarms, magic damage that does good on tower, and now what, attunement? Why not give them edl bow and quiver too lol.

I really don't know how stupid you are. Druids are the least played class, yes they have buffs and heals BUT they cannot run those buffs, heals and dps at the same time so it's not a big problem. Swarm actually does decently low damage anyway and druids level like mages, using their skills (unless you want melee also but its so expensive). Druids need a skill buff as skills like storm and strike don't scratch damage like ice blast, shards, firebolt (compare strike to bolt and storm to shards for cooldowns) and the DOT's should do insta damage when casting like rupture just to make the classes balanced.
that's because they were designed to be a s u p p o r t - c l a s s, not a pvp class, not a high damage during bosses class, not a tank class, not a "here lemme do the most damage while leveling" class. No, they were designed to mainly buff their buddies and do some damage, not rule pvp or tank bosses, they were meant to help the tanks out by healing them and buffing them.

I'm not against druids or anything, I love using my druid to buff my main, it's great, and I know that's what they are meant for, it's hard to solo with most classes, so it's great just to group up, and I realize I must do that with my druid as well, or just power level myself lol.

And yes, I do think that swarms and vines should be insta-cast, and swarms should either be buffed damage wise, or the tic should be quicker, but I do not, however, think that druids should be seen as a high dps / tank / pvp class, they were purely designed to be a support type class with a bit of damage, a bit repetitive but just trying to make a point.

Also, calling someone stupid just because of their suggestion is really low by the way, it doesn't make them look bad, it makes you look bad, he/she was just suggesting something that they believe should be implemented into the game, just as you did as well, they didn't call you stupid, so there is no reason for you to do so either. That is just lame.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Druid attunement lol!

that's because they were designed to be a s u p p o r t - c l a s s, not a pvp class, not a high damage during bosses class, not a tank class, not a "here lemme do the most damage while leveling" class. No, they were designed to mainly buff their buddies and do some damage, not rule pvp or tank bosses, they were meant to help the tanks out by healing them and buffing them.

I'm not against druids or anything, I love using my druid to buff my main, it's great, and I know that's what they are meant for, it's hard to solo with most classes, so it's great just to group up, and I realize I must do that with my druid as well, or just power level myself lol.

And yes, I do think that swarms and vines should be insta-cast, and swarms should either be buffed damage wise, or the tic should be quicker, but I do not, however, think that druids should be seen as a high dps / tank / pvp class, they were purely designed to be a support type class with a bit of damage, a bit repetitive but just trying to make a point.

Also, calling someone stupid just because of their suggestion is really low by the way, it doesn't make them look bad, it makes you look bad, he/she was just suggesting something that they believe should be implemented into the game, just as you did as well, they didn't call you stupid, so there is no reason for you to do so either. That is just lame.
Druids need a buff in dps, period. Mages were made to be a lure class, why should they be able to do great dps also and be great at pvp?
Hi

Druids need a buff in dps, period. Mages were made to be a lure class, why should they be able to do great dps also and be great at pvp?
I don't think mages were designed to be a lure class, in all the games I have seen, mages have been made for high dps and use lots of mana, like in Celtic Heroes. And I have also always seen druids to be support classes, that is just what they are. When making a druid people should realize that it is the main support class, sure other classes have support skills, but druids were designed to be the support class. I sure as heck didn't think "wow I bet this guy does the best damage in game!" rather, I thought "wow, I bet this guy is the best support class in game!"

Anyway, this is a topic about mages, within the mage class section, so if you want to suggest more things for druids, or continue your conversations with people within this topic, I would suggest that you create a topic within the druid section, that would be better.

Ice all on me

Lmao talking about stupidity, druid is mainly made to heal and buff, they are followed with some dps, and mage isn't made just for luring, mages are usually burst damage and depending on skills for damage.

Druid shouldn't compete with other classes in dps, I'm not gonna compare strike with fire bolt because it's just stupid.
Mages are made to dps and ofc their skills should be strong, they don't have the ability to heal and buff like a druid, therefore druids shouldn't have same damage as mage or anything close to it, if so they should choose a mage tbh, can't choose the least dps class and complain about having low dps.
Each class has what makes it special, they can't have it all, warrior is able to tank and claim aggro and is also good in pvp, low raid dps unless overgeared and lacks range and mobility, mages burst damage and weakening boss, rogues made for plain dps, rangers good dps too with ability to solo many bosses or atleast being a key for the kill in case there is no tank or the boss is raged.

And about dots having instant damage like rupture; why am I even using a class with heavy weapons just to see another class casting skills as good as mine without investing on weapons, and swarm actually lasts much longer than rupture, rupture only lasts 10 secs and swarm like 25 or something, classes can't be balanced, their unity balances the other.

Pointless argument
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Lmao talking about stupidity, druid is mainly made to heal and buff, they are followed with some dps, and mage isn't made just for luring, mages are usually burst damage and depending on skills for damage.

Druid shouldn't compete with other classes in dps, I'm not gonna compare strike with fire bolt because it's just stupid.
Mages are made to dps and ofc their skills should be strong, they don't have the ability to heal and buff like a druid, therefore druids shouldn't have same damage as mage or anything close to it, if so they should choose a mage tbh, can't choose the least dps class and complain about having low dps.
Each class has what makes it special, they can't have it all, warrior is able to tank and claim aggro and is also good in pvp, low raid dps unless overgeared and lacks range and mobility, mages burst damage and weakening boss, rogues made for plain dps, rangers good dps too with ability to solo many bosses or atleast being a key for the kill in case there is no tank or the boss is raged.

And about dots having instant damage like rupture; why am I even using a class with heavy weapons just to see another class casting skills as good as mine without investing on weapons, and swarm actually lasts much longer than rupture, rupture only lasts 10 secs and swarm like 25 or something, classes can't be balanced, their unity balances the other.

Pointless argument
Hang on, warriors are made to be tanky and survive yet have very good dps when leveling. Why then can't a druid match warriors lvling dps since neither class are fulfilling their main role by being dps in leveling? Doesn't seem fair to me that druids get the short stick. Either debuff warriors dps or buff druids
Hi

Pointless argument
+1 thank you so much lol.

Ice all on me

Back to the topic of lures. The cooldown isn't outrageous and gets less important at endgame. Naturally, if you are leveling with another person or 2 the mobs will die faster than the lure cooldown period...but that's not horrible considering you are killing faster. Finding a nice routine is the best strategy. Maximize those lixes :)

As a mage who uses 8 skills (11 if you include wand/pet/offhand) casting lure gets to be really annoying and becomes a large drain in my DPS. I find myself waiting until my lure is on the verge (2 seconds or less) of disappearing before I recast, but then I run into evades etc.... All in all I think lure needs to be instacast. It is a support skill and it having a casting time is ridiculous. It is a very small tweak but it helps a lot. In terms of cooldown, I think the cooldown is alright. While evades get to be VERY VERY VERY bothersome while leveling, at the EG point evades happen a lot less and are a lot less annoying. Imo the better fix is to lower the evasion stats on leveling mobs, there is no reason for it to be that high.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Back to the topic of lures. The cooldown isn't outrageous and gets less important at endgame. Naturally, if you are leveling with another person or 2 the mobs will die faster than the lure cooldown period...but that's not horrible considering you are killing faster. Finding a nice routine is the best strategy. Maximize those lixes :)
Actually I'm not really killing faster since even if my lure doesn't get evaded I still waste time casting it, while a rogue or a melee class in general would have already gotten a lot of damage in.

I do agree about lures needing to be instant cast: it is true that at the end of the day, levelling is a temporary thing and what matters the most is end game. Of course I'd still like the cooldown to be a bit reduced, but good idea about making lures instacast and keeping the cooldown as it is, but reducing the evasions on levelling mobs.

Corrupt sounds a lot like a rogue or at least a class that is not mage - why are you here?