Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: @Team OTM

Res lost a gele tonight mostly due to lag. Although we were lacking some usual players, had there been no crippling lag we would have downed rage free. The lag happened at 40% where gele shielded 3 times even though bash landed perfectly. We had 3 freezers but as there were a ton (4) poison x-tals that round and I had used my only magic rune the x-tal round before, he healed to 80%.

This lag is ruining EG attempts and kills and something needs to be done about it.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Only a few hours until OTM in office

Only a few hours until OTM is in office, if you wanted to add on your frustrations before this thread gets locked now would be the time to do it.

and @muldar, we understand there is only so much you can do, and I apologize for all this heat that you have to read through. And I get that the posts you give us are what you are told. But enough is enough... I don't want to be told you all are "investigating" the servers anymore.
Someone needs to come forward and be flat honest with the player community and tell them the server quality has sunk and that a server transition is being looked into. either that or someone needs to pick up a phone and call the server hosts and figure wth is going on over there... Raids shouldn't be determined based on luck due to server quality, but rather by the skills and strategies of the players...

please muldar and OTM take this thread seriously. this isn't a hate thread or some rant, but just a group of players that are sick of the same fixable problem that's been happening for the past 7+ months continuing on with the same responses from the support team. Fix the problem and come out honest with us...

Think I can speak for all of us when I say that we look forward to the new content and we are glad that the design and programming teams are working to add more to the CH expierence, but we want you all at OTM to look where your are before you start working on the future. We need the current bugs and glitches and problems (#WE NEED COMMAS) before new areas... What good is a new EG boss if the reason we cannot kill the current top tier EG boss is server side lag.

Thank you, and in hopes that you read the rants and frustrations of this thread in full and take it seriously,
-Bob

EDIT: Muldar if your response is "We understand you all are frustrated and are continuing to investigate the issue, please be patient with us" don't even bother responding. I am 99% sure no one who has read this thread will get anything but more frustrated from that response. We want answers not redirections.
Last edited by bob the mage on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob The God

Just curious, have you always had lag at gele? Has it gotten worse lately? Do you still get the shadowstrike glitch?
Epona usually gets around 1 1/2 to 2 pages on for gele, haven't noticed any lag lately and nobody gets the ss glitch anymore.... Might be a problem with the arawn/herne/fingal servers.

Side note: I thought OTM fixed the shadowstrike system entirely? Interesting if you still get the glitch on gele...
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

Just curious, have you always had lag at gele? Has it gotten worse lately? Do you still get the shadowstrike glitch?
Epona usually gets around 1 1/2 to 2 pages on for gele, haven't noticed any lag lately and nobody gets the ss glitch anymore.... Might be a problem with the arawn/herne/fingal servers.

Side note: I thought OTM fixed the shadowstrike system entirely? Interesting if you still get the glitch on gele...
haven't seen that glitch in a while, but the lag problem has been here since around December as was said earlier in this thread. Some days its fine and we can kill 0 problems, other days its so bad you can't skill at all, there is a 30 second delay between when skill shows its done casting and it actually casts. For someone who hotswaps like I do that means there is close to a 1 minute delay in your skills :/

Today we had a mild case of lag, just enough where we tapped on bash on time but it casted after shield landed. It still showed bash landed before it shielded but due to how the shield is programmed to work i guess gele still shielded. usually we can muscle through this, but not on a night where we only have 3 mages and 4 poison x-tals are up....

welp anyways i'm off to sleep... guess I will have to wait to see Muldar's response when I wake up...
Hoping its not the same thing we have been hearing for the past 7 months.
Bob The God

I'm writing this coming off a 4th gele try ruined coz of OTM shameful way of dealing with their deficiencies . And that's just todays. We been complaining about the lag on Fingal since months and all you guys do is send Muldar and reply 'Is currently under investigation'. He's doing his job well, but the ones who's really in charge of supervision of servers is doing a sham ass job there. Like seriously, that few bunch who's doing it, or how its even handled there, are simply not fit to fix this. How can a single server repeatedly lag when 2 pages of people log for the endgame boss and won't get fixed all this long while? Been what, 3-4 months

You haven't even told us a valid reply why this is happening let alone gave any sort of compensation for the plat consumed by the players on this scale. How can you guys even think of releasing cross platform and expect our server to withstand the load?

This just points to another dung design of raids. If you guys making yet another 35+ toon raid next zones, think again coz currently can't even make sure servers can handle not to mention broken aspects of the raids. We still had ppl getting trapped in the gele platform n whatnot. But enough about that, you guys had all the time in the world, with only cross-platform coming which is already late by weeks. Game currently has nothing new on it besides same old bosses. And you just can't even get rid of this lag to make us play. Two of my clannies got banned for posting similar posts in a more aggressive manner. Yes forum banned. But forums trolls run free derailing threads left n right.

We aren't your enemies, simply want to play the game free of this dumb limitation somehow been put on our server. I'm usually not an OTM basher at all by my posts or reactions but this is just killing my clans morale over and over and you guys have to fix this.
Chill. There is more important things for otm to focus on than this. They are going to do cross-platform update soon. Just lower your graphics settings, connect to 4g or better Wi-Fi and maybe buy a new phone.

Or complain to otm AFTER the update :/

P.s. check out my YouTube! 8D

youtu.be/KmUKesbrnac

I'm writing this coming off a 4th gele try ruined coz of OTM shameful way of dealing with their deficiencies . And that's just todays. We been complaining about the lag on Fingal since months and all you guys do is send Muldar and reply 'Is currently under investigation'. He's doing his job well, but the ones who's really in charge of supervision of servers is doing a sham ass job there. Like seriously, that few bunch who's doing it, or how its even handled there, are simply not fit to fix this. How can a single server repeatedly lag when 2 pages of people log for the endgame boss and won't get fixed all this long while? Been what, 3-4 months

You haven't even told us a valid reply why this is happening let alone gave any sort of compensation for the plat consumed by the players on this scale. How can you guys even think of releasing cross platform and expect our server to withstand the load?

This just points to another dung design of raids. If you guys making yet another 35+ toon raid next zones, think again coz currently can't even make sure servers can handle not to mention broken aspects of the raids. We still had ppl getting trapped in the gele platform n whatnot. But enough about that, you guys had all the time in the world, with only cross-platform coming which is already late by weeks. Game currently has nothing new on it besides same old bosses. And you just can't even get rid of this lag to make us play. Two of my clannies got banned for posting similar posts in a more aggressive manner. Yes forum banned. But forums trolls run free derailing threads left n right.

We aren't your enemies, simply want to play the game free of this dumb limitation somehow been put on our server. I'm usually not an OTM basher at all by my posts or reactions but this is just killing my clans morale over and over and you guys have to fix this.
Chill. There is more important things for otm to focus on than this. They are going to do cross-platform update soon. Just lower your graphics settings, connect to 4g or better Wi-Fi and maybe buy a new phone.

youtu.be/KmUKesbrnac
We've BEEN complaining to OTM for 6 months now. The only reason why you don't care is because it doesn't impact you. You obviously haven't read the complaints or you'd know it's impacting several dozen people on WIFi/4G/3G with graphics setting at the lowest, on devices from Nvidia gaming tablets to Samsung galaxy s8s. The last thing they need to do is release the cross platform before they fix the previous issues. And no one wants to watch a mord kill video that everyone and their dog has killed 8000 times now.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

The shadowstrike glitched happened yesterday at our Gelebron. One of our rogues got stuck inside and couldn't help on crystal respawn. I personally haven't experienced it since last year though.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

The shadowstrike glitched happened yesterday at our Gelebron. One of our rogues got stuck inside and couldn't help on crystal respawn. I personally haven't experienced it since last year though.
So let me get this straight, they've managed to fix all the fun shadowstrike glitches by putting invisible shadowstrike barriers in some places (rogues who've done forbidden scroll bounties know how annoying these are), but the major shadowstrike glitch hasn't been fixed? Greaaat....
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

youtu.be/KmUKesbrnac
What theyre trying to say is that the lag thats happening doesnt depend on devices or graphics or wifi connection, its 100% server side. You could be on google fiber with an iPad Pro lowest settings and would have the exact same amount of lag as that one clannie on an iphone 4g using mcdonalds wifi while out with friends. Everyone lags in the exact same way at the exact same time for the exact same amount of time, meaning its the servers, not our devices. Epona has been incredibly lucky when it comes to lag, with the usual being a 3-5s giant area wide pause every few raids, but its lowering the motivation of a very large group of players on many worlds because they cant do anything about it but watch themselves fail.

There is no more important problem to a video game than having your players unable to play the content you create.
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

Res lost a gele tonight mostly due to lag. Although we were lacking some usual players, had there been no crippling lag we would have downed rage free. The lag happened at 40% where gele shielded 3 times even though bash landed perfectly. We had 3 freezers but as there were a ton (4) poison x-tals that round and I had used my only magic rune the x-tal round before, he healed to 80%.

This lag is ruining EG attempts and kills and something needs to be done about it.
Yep the barrier glitch is annoying, we had it at 1%, bash landed on time, message said barrier was interrupted, but then he casted it and things went horrible.
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw