Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Highest ice shards and ice blast hit without crits

Looking for tips from high level mages I heard that druids can out dps mages but I thought mages were one of the main dps classes so was wondering what all your ice blast and ice shards highest hit without crit is and if it's worth it to go mages just for dps reasons thanks
the day a druid outdpses me is the day i cry ( :cry: )
There was a druid on arawn, Shadia, who would try when there was a max magic lure on helis, but unless i was locked whole fight id win :3. No one really bidded on dps gear so she was stacked too. Was fun competitiveness :3 Now shad found the server Real Life and hasn't come back to arawn :(

I'm not an icemage, but can offer some tips

1) visit Swan's damage formulas. These provide a great place to start.
2) unlike druids, the boost to skills mages recieve from focus is minimal. Rather unlike druids mages recieve most of their boosts through fire or ice magic. Thus a burial or endless night ring supercedes a godly lure prot ring for example. even though the focus from the lure ring is amazing the 1000 ice/fire magic helps a whole lot more.
3) gele rings are op af.
4) fire mages have higher dps. Ice mages are the kings of burst damage, but over time only a stacked icemage will stand a chance against a decent fire mage.
5) CDR or Cool down Reductions. These items are a must for icemages. Instead of reading it as 25% faster cd read it as 25% more damage. Basically is the same thing. Only time a +damage or skill item should take the spot of a CDR item is if it A) increases your damage by more than 25% or B) you already have a decent CDR and the combined effect is greater for your DPS.

What I did was i inputted the skills i used and their retrospective damage formulas into excel. From there I can try many different builds and determine how to maximize my dps.
Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 10.55.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 10.55.22 PM.png (142.34 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
Basically my summed up recomendation would be to look at the damage formulas so you get an idea as to how mage dps skills build up, effects focus and ability magic have on them, and then find gear that best enhances that.
Last edited by bob the mage on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

5) CDR or Cool down Reductions. These items are a must for icemages. Instead of reading it as 25% faster cd read it as 25% more damage. Basically is the same thing.
Well no.

It gives 25% more damage for that skill alone IF you had no replacement beforehand, things like focus and fire attune affect every single skill you have. You're not taking into account opportunity cost.

Best way is to go to Killain, and see how many skills you can throw out in like a minute's rotation. Compare this with cool down reduction items, and then input the damage per skill.

(As an example, you might have 10 ice shards at 12k damage and 8 ice blast at 14k damage, compared to 13 ice shards at 10k damage and 10 ice blast at 11k damage)

Note that attunement damage also changes with gear, and that added fire magic would reduce evades which CD reduction items don't.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Looking for tips from high level mages I heard that druids can out dps mages but I thought mages were one of the main dps classes so was wondering what all your ice blast and ice shards highest hit without crit is and if it's worth it to go mages just for dps reasons thanks
Mate, there's no such thing as main dpsers, bosses are designed for different classes to shine at.
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

5) CDR or Cool down Reductions. These items are a must for icemages. Instead of reading it as 25% faster cd read it as 25% more damage. Basically is the same thing.
Well no.

It gives 25% more damage for that skill alone IF you had no replacement beforehand, things like focus and fire attune affect every single skill you have. You're not taking into account opportunity cost.

Best way is to go to Killain, and see how many skills you can throw out in like a minute's rotation. Compare this with cool down reduction items, and then input the damage per skill.

(As an example, you might have 10 ice shards at 12k damage and 8 ice blast at 14k damage, compared to 13 ice shards at 10k damage and 10 ice blast at 11k damage)

Note that attunement damage also changes with gear, and that added fire magic would reduce evades which CD reduction items don't.
That's the same for any jewelry, not just CDR's.
But for CDR's for some reason people see it as meh, thinking some focus or a small damage boost will always out do it. When you look at CDR as a % boost it is easier to see its usefulness.

Fire magic/ice magic does not act as attack. I don't know where you are pulling this from but Muldar has confirmed so many times evasions are not strongly effected by magic ability...

And while killain works somewhat it has the same overall accuracy of looking at damage formulas and max possible damages as all mobs have different resists and different fluxations for skills.
Bob The God

But for CDR's for some reason people see it as meh, thinking some focus or a small damage boost will always out do it. When you look at CDR as a % boost it is easier to see its usefulness.
I literally explained why a % reduction does not = to % increase in DPS. But sure, let's pretend it's true.
Fire magic/ice magic does not act as attack.
Well obviously, attack doesn't help mages and is related to dexterity. Did you mean accuracy?
I don't know where you are pulling this from but Muldar has confirmed so many times evasions are not strongly effected by magic ability...
I'm interested to see quotes of Muldar saying this, even though the in-game description of fire magic is to increase damage and reduce chance of evasions.
And while killain works somewhat it has the same overall accuracy of looking at damage formulas and max possible damages as all mobs have different resists and different fluxations for skills.
The whole point of spamming and counting on killain is because with CDR items, you may run into issues with skills over lapping (especially fire mage, even though thread is ice I know). So you will literally get the exact DPS rather then calculating straight up how many casts are possible.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I literally explained why a % reduction does not = to % increase in DPS. But sure, let's pretend it's true.
Fire magic/ice magic does not act as attack.
Well obviously, attack doesn't help mages and is related to dexterity. Did you mean accuracy?
I don't know where you are pulling this from but Muldar has confirmed so many times evasions are not strongly effected by magic ability...
I'm interested to see quotes of Muldar saying this, even though the in-game description of fire magic is to increase damage and reduce chance of evasions.
The whole point of spamming and counting on killain is because with CDR items, you may run into issues with skills over lapping (especially fire mage, even though thread is ice I know). So you will literally get the exact DPS rather then calculating straight up how many casts are possible.
Skills overlap barely. And while I agree that it isn't a pure % increase it basically is... also as a firemage that uses 4 skills I can tell you the overlap is very minimal. I maybe lose 1 bolt cast or the equivilant every 45 seconds.

And yes I mean accuracy, why I said "like attack" not it is attack. Magic abilities only increase damage, nothing else really for casters.
Bob The God