Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Need Advice on my 120 Ranger

Hey! I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to which build to use. Currently I am running a full strength build. I realize this may be a terrible build, it's just I've just recently got back into playing, and last year this was how I found my ranger most viable.

Strength: 385 (490)
Dexterity: 5 (125)
Focus: 10 (30)
Vitality: 230 (250)

After using steady aim and sharpen weapons my stats are

Attack: 1942
Damage: 1021
Defense: 250
Armour: 341

The skills I use are

Steady aim (25/30)
Sharpen weapons (25/30)
Bolas (27/30)
Rapid shot (24/30)
Double shot, after item buffs (28/30)

Armour: Full Meteoric
Bow: battlemist opal bow/meteoric bow
Quiver: Fiery Quiver of Beasts
Necklace: Midnight Talisman (Samhain 2013)
Misc: Minor Sureshot Charm
Bracelet: Imperial Wrymscale Bracelet (20 Str,Foc,Vit)
Bracelet: Mystic Archers Circlet of the Mesa (25 Str, +3 DBL shot, +130 Ranged Combat)
Ring: Ring of Haste
Ring: Royal Firefang Ring
Ring: Royal Coldsteel Ring
Ring: Royal Firefang Ring
Pet: None
War Mount: None

Thank you for any help!!
Last edited by Archer2002 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Archer2000 - 170+ - Ranger

Crom

Re: 120 Ranger Advice

I see you don't use long shot, sharp shot, barbed, or explosive arrow. Those are the really only damage skills rangers get besides autos. How long does it take to kill a 3 star mob your level? Myself I have a Dex build since all of our damage skills besides double shot are Dex based. I would wait on the str build until your 180 or at least do a 50/50 build with str and Dex. Your heal also is Dex based and is a must on any build, it can let you solo 4 stars. I would say at least try a more Dex build with some of the damage skills I mentioned and see what you like about it.

Re: 120 Ranger Advice

I see you don't use long shot, sharp shot, barbed, or explosive arrow. Those are the really only damage skills rangers get besides autos. How long does it take to kill a 3 star mob your level? Myself I have a Dex build since all of our damage skills besides double shot are Dex based. I would wait on the str build until your 180 or at least do a 50/50 build with str and Dex. Your heal also is Dex based and is a must on any build, it can let you solo 4 stars. I would say at least try a more Dex build with some of the damage skills I mentioned and see what you like about it.
When I bolas a 3* it normally takes about 30 seconds, as I kite the mob since I don't have a heal. Normally don't take time to kite though. So you are saying to for sure use light heal and then use sharpshot, longshot, double shot, and keep bolas or rapid maybe? And then how should I spread out of strength and dex? You said at least 50/50 but would 75/25 be better? Also, how much HP should I have around this level. Nevertheless, thanks for the help!!
Archer2000 - 170+ - Ranger

Crom