Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Are the OTM devs aware of "locker toons"

I am wondering if otm design is aware how Target Lock forced creation of "locker toons".

To those unfamiliar with the term, since you get penalized in getting target lock if you are over 10 levels of a boss, clans have been forced to create different level toons for each boss, Level 180s for Sreng, Level 190s for Snorri/Hrung, Level 200 for Mordris/Necro. for example. Many toons also stay at 215-220 to keep winning EDL bosses. There is even a clan in Morrigan that tries to keep all members at 180 to avoid losing DL lock battles.

Locker toons can't gain any more levels since doing so simply puts them at a disadvantage. Even for regular toons, 10 levels is too short a range. it's so easy to go over 10 levels without getting what you need from a boss. It takes months, even years, to get a drop needed, and essentially forces players to abandon lixing, and worse, doing bounty quests.

Bounty quests give you tokens - a purported free avenue to obtain pets and mounts, but if you can't level anymore, you can't do bounties either. So the only way to get pets and mounts is to buy tokens from other players or try your luck with chests. Both not free options.

I'd like to ask OTM devs what are their opinions about " locker toons" and are there any plans to address these issues? This is the only MMO that penalizes players for leveling and makes players create one toon for each boss. It's really ridiculous, if you honestly think about it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Are the OTM devs aware of "locker toons"

They're aware of it. But since it's been going on for so long I doubt they'll do anything to change it
Based on a few responses I've had from private messages, I get the feeling they don't fully understand them. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of them still consider the game competition is between dominant clans with Level 220+ members vs. less dominant clans with Level 180s.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I don't know if you realize this but you just pointed out how OTM is making money off this. Repeatedly leveling new characters usually means more elixir use and the point about having to open chests for mounts/pets helps their case. Do you know what else you've just done? You pointed out how well their bottleneck scheme is working.

Your post just seems so counter-intuitive for the message I believe you're trying to get across.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

To the poster - do you have or/have participated in "locker toons"? situation And/Or does your own clan participate aswell?

I totally get your post you just needed you to add your stance on it as it otherwise it gets complicated on what your actually trying to achieve on your topic.

I think you get more honest opinion if we knew.

Yes, we are aware of locking toons.

While locker toons are not a perfect solution, we are impressed by players dedication and resourcefulness.

This is an aspect of the game we continue to review.

While locker toons are not a perfect solution, we are impressed by players dedication and resourcefulness.

I'm not impressed by it. Neither do I participate in it or ever have.

Sure it might seem impressive but this just goes to show how broken the target lock system is tbh.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Why do you guys think its a good idea to penalize high level loyal veteran players who've been playing this game for a long time? High levels are basically useless now when it comes to locking bosses that matters most in this game (Sreng, Snorri, Mord, Necro and Hrung). Its poor game design.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.