Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

To the player base.

NOTE: I put this in general discussion because well, it's general and about the game. Not really the in-game content but about the game as a whole. I put this specifically here because i wanted the most amount of people to see it as possible.

A few definitions for those who don't know:
AFK = Away from keyboard. This is a term used in many games that means that the task requires minimal attention allowing you to do other things like watch a tv show etc.
P2P = Pay to play
P2W = Pay to win
IRL = In real life. Or real life in simple terms.
MMOs = Massive multiplayer online game (celtic heroes is an MMO)
WoW= World of warcraft (a popular MMO)
I suggest you skip to the end if you cannot be bothered reading. However i plead you to take a moment to consider what i have to say.

I love how almost every single player complains about the game. I recently saw a post of someone asking if they should return to the game and i felt like everyone was Ctrl C + Ctrl V'ing their old posts. Complaining about the same unfathomable as usual.
I also saw a few posts flog to the screen as soon as the servers were shut down. Admins tried justifying the reason behind the fault and a few of you gathered your pitchforks and brands.
There's no doubt that there are flaws in this game. But every game has its flaws. It's not as easy as you think.
For instance the whole issue with "Pay to win"... A game with a low population and player base MUST incorporate some elements of real world currency if it wishes to stay online. There MUST be some form of reliable income and it's up to you guys to decide. Pay to win or P2P? I'm sure everyone would rather have some form of system that gives players a slight advantage if they pay real $ rather than having every single player have to pay to play the game. That's a silly topic that's brought up so often in topics like this.
If you don't want to pay, don't. It's that simple, you'll just have to grind harder to get the items you want. There's another topic of debate. "This game is too grind heavy". Well no unfathomable. If you look at the content, grinding is most of it, and it has to be that way or else EVERYONE will be higher level and have tons of gold. This issue was big in a game called Runescape. I'll give you an example:
in runescape there is a skill called runecrafting. This skill took EXTREME amounts of time to reach the max level of 99, everyone in the community complained about how annoying the skill was to train because you could not AFK it like some other skills and the exp rates were terrible. If you saw someone wearing the runecrafting cape you would respect them, they would put hours into the game to achieve the max level (obviously excluding the bots and third-party softwares that leveled up for you which were against game terms). After all the complaining, the developers of runescape listened and added a much MUCH quicker, and AFK method of training that skill and guess what? The amount of people with runecrafting cape became so common that it actually took over some other skills in terms of amount of people with that skill maxed on the leaderboards.

So ask yourself. Do you want that? Do you want to see the majority of the population be level 200+ eliminating any form of early game, and any form of respect for the grind that you previously put in?
To the lower levels: Think about what you do when you see someone level 230. I bet you stop and look at their gear, and all their lux items that apply bonuses like 150 STR which is more than you have with all your levels and stat points. I bet you also sometimes think about hoping to reach that stage in the game but feel as if it will take years and maybe hundreds of real life money. Well yeah. Like in any game, reaching the END can be tough. It can require HOURS of grinding and HUNDREDS of $. But theres your option. If you don't want to spend money... well... Don't. If you don't want to grind and think that reaching level 230 isn't worth the hours well... Cya later.

A side note for those who are ungrateful: I've mentioned this earlier but i've been playing this game since 2011, specifically during the christmas event in 2011 when jack frost gave u that snowman hat (can't remember all the details, that was 5 years ago). I've suffered the same feelings as you, sometimes i feel i need to invest a lot of IRL money to actually get anywhere, and i quit half way through leveling because i cannot be bothered. I've quit this game about 4 times now, and i've always returned. Why? because i look at other games. Specifically MMOs. Do the same.
Look at all the MMOs out there with an undeniably large player base. World of Warcraft. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people playing this game, and guess what. It's subscription based. Blizzard is money hungry and theres no doubt that WoW is a good game but so is Celtic Heroes. Only difference is that YOU HAVE A CHOICE to invest money. That's what matters. If this game wasn't free from the start, i wouldn't have started playing it all those years back. I wouldn't be typing this right now. I've shared a lot of my life playing this game (i'm only 17 years old) and i still don't understand how people manage to find ways to complain. It's as if every game always has a reckoning force against it. The players are never satisfied. It's pretty sad honestly.
The amount of effort the admins and developers put into this game is unreal. The game has beautiful graphics, sick combat, arguably decent pvp (Although it's very uncommon) and unfathomable amounts of items. I've watched this game grow, i've watched how much the effort has gone to make the game better for YOU GUYS. The players. Yet the hate to gratitude ratio is about 100 negative posts and complaints to that 1 positive remark and word of thanks.

And also. To those who are arrogant and miss the point. No. I'm not brown-nosing the admins. I genuinely think that they don't deserve the unfathomable that a few of you give them considering the amount of effort that is put in.

I'd like to hear the arguments but let's try keep this topic civilized please.

EDIT: Excuse any grammatical errors or spelling errors. I was typing this in a rush.

Re: To the player base.

IMO ch is the best mobile mmo available right now. I've tried all the others, but none seem to run as friendly as this one. The community is possibly the best I've ever seen in a game, boss fights challenging, content updated regularly, the grind is rewarding, I can go on. Considering this game has given me at least a couple thousand hours of entertainment, I have no problem with the p2w style. You are plenty able to play to end game without paying, and big spenders don't automatically get endgame either, we all gotta work for it and I love that.
Keep up the good work at OTM is all I have to say

Agreed gets annoying seeing people complain but what they don't notice is all the work OTM actually does. I myself have spent probably less than $10 & started playing 5 years ago & gotten two toons to endgame, you don't need to pay to play. I am glad CH is here idk what I would be doing without it lol
World: Lugh
Clan: Pegasus
Rob155: 225 Warrior
Robsranger: 226 Ranger
Robtherogue: 190 Locker

Runescape has so much content that you don't need to level much to have fun CH isn't like that at all.
Runescape has also bee around for more than twice the duration as CH. The jagex team consists of hundreds if not thousands of employees and they generate A LOT more than one thumb mobile. Try comparing CH to runescape classic. That's more fair.

Imo many of the forum users "complain" because they truly care for the game. They are looking to improve it not just for themselves but for many of the playerbase. has ch made progress yes. is much of the progress due to negative player feedback imo without a doubt. Could ch be even better then it is, without a doubt yes. Much of that change we have seen in game is due to players "complaining" about certain issues within game. Positive feedback will always be less then negative it is human nature to dwell on the negative more so then then the positive especially when it comes to entertainment.

Imo many of the forum users "complain" because they truly care for the game. They are looking to improve it not just for themselves but for many of the playerbase. has ch made progress yes. is much of the progress due to negative player feedback imo without a doubt. Could ch be even better then it is, without a doubt yes. Much of that change we have seen in game is due to players "complaining" about certain issues within game. Positive feedback will always be less then negative it is human nature to dwell on the negative more so then then the positive especially when it comes to entertainment.
+1. It takes people time to come to the forums and provide feedback about the game. The lazy players arent going to do that. Its the more involved and more dedicated ones that put in the extra effort to come here and spill their guts. When these players see a problem with the game they are going to point it out. You can call it complaining if you want; I call it providing feedback and offering solutions. What may seem like a good idea to a computer programmer or business major may in fact be extremely terrible to the day to day gamer. Its these forums that keep reality in check.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

+1. It takes people time to come to the forums and provide feedback about the game. The lazy players arent going to do that. Its the more involved and more dedicated ones that put in the extra effort to come here and spill their guts. When these players see a problem with the game they are going to point it out. You can call it complaining if you want; I call it providing feedback and offering solutions. What may seem like a good idea to a computer programmer or business major may in fact be extremely terrible to the day to day gamer. Its these forums that keep reality in check.
As much as i agree that constructive feedback is always welcome, you must at one point understand that every member of the Celtic Heroes team IS human. When you constantly see negative comments and negative feedback i think it's counter productive. You have to agree with me when i say that the ratio between negative feedback to positive feedback is absurd. A bombardment of hateful comments is not something any person wants to see. Everyone wants their work to be recognized as meaningful, i'm sure the team at One Thumb Mobile LOVE working on Celtic Heroes. After all, we as the player base is what fuels their motivation, we're the reason they want to work on the game. Don't you see it as unreasonable to have work which you enjoy doing, and love doing and put hours into be shut down by the main source of the motivation behind why you're doing it in the first place? Think of it as an exam for a subject you enjoy doing, if you spend hundreds of hours studying and learning so you can make your parents proud and you score 90/100 and instead of recognizing your achievements and the amount of effort you put in, your parents decide to criticize you for not receiving 100/100 how do you think you would feel. And with out a doubt, this game is worthy of positive feedback. I think the community should recognize that, and instead of typing as if they're selling an item in runescape back in 2007, at a rate of 100 words per/s filled with negative feedback try say something to boost the morale of the team. Try motivate them and show them that you recognize the game for what it is. Don't deny that you've had fun, and will continue having fun playing this game, show them that you CARE.

And a side note, celtic heroes has a great community. I've played much more popular games with hundreds of more staff members that demonstrate no care or regard for the opinions of their player base, they already have a goal and they work towards it. It's different for celtic heroes. They DO care about our opinions and it's VERY true that it's through the constructive feedback that the community gives that this game evolves for the better. I just think people are a little too harsh is all. And after all, It's people like Muldar who show a genuine interest in the game AND the community that pushed me to make this post. I couldn't stand reading so many complaints. This game truly has a great community. And the people who genuinely care about our opinions do deserve better. It's only fair.

And i know i sound like a hippie throwing flower petals at everyone's door step. But that's not the point. I'm just genuinely concerned.

in your example you talk about parents being mad the child didn't do better. While it may not be the best analogy. I get where your coming from. That being said you need to take in account we know otm cares and we know then can do better, and make a better product. They have shown they can and shown they are willing to listen.
But if we as players don't give feedback in one form or another nothing will get changed. most of the really negative posts come after a big issue arises i.e. Server issues lately. Every beta new update brings it out but imo not out of spite or hate just a lot of passion. Passion for a game many ppl play for various reasons, but where most if not all of us have formed friendships inside and outside the game. Emotion can run hot or cold depending on the current circumstances irl or in game.
The forums are where we can vent, rant whatever and know our ideas feeling will be seen by otm members. with the forums you see what people are willing to take the time to write out. Time for everyone is precious and just knowing someone takes the time to provide feedback positive or negative should be an indicator to otm. That we care enough or are passionate enough to voice our opinions.