Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Hybrid Question

Hey Guys i was reading through some of the topics and posts and saw a lot of people saying to use a hybrid build with fire and ice skills which I like the idea of but was just curious before i decide to try it when doing a hybrid build im going to use fire bolt ice shards and firestorm as ur main dps skills from what I have read but as far as gear do I want to use more fire magic gear or since my main 2 skills are fire or since I already would use fire attune should I use more ice magic gear so I can buff up my ice shards since I won't have the attune for it? Currently level 200 ice mage with 2 +8 spider ice shards rings

Thanks

Re: Hybrid Question

Fire attune, firebolt, firestorm, shards, fire lure should be your core. Add an ice lure if your clan doesn't have many ice mages or if you're still leveling. Otherwise incin isn't a bad option for dps, or assassin lure for support.

Prioritize cooldown reduction items, then direct boost (firebolt, then iceshards, then firestorm), then fire magic in that order. Click the link in my sig to see the gear I'm using atm, all up to date except helm which I upgraded to imperial focus/shards hrung. I have never lost to an ice mage on any boss with equal fire/ice resistance, and even on 205/210 I hold my own and often beat edl offhand rogues and rangers. This build especially dominates event bosses and ring bosses.
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Re: Hybrid Question

Fire attune, firebolt, firestorm, shards, fire lure should be your core. Add an ice lure if your clan doesn't have many ice mages or if you're still leveling. Otherwise incin isn't a bad option for dps, or assassin lure for support.

Prioritize cooldown reduction items, then direct boost (firebolt, then iceshards, then firestorm), then fire magic in that order. Click the link in my sig to see the gear I'm using atm, all up to date except helm which I upgraded to imperial focus/shards hrung. I have never lost to an ice mage on any boss with equal fire/ice resistance, and even on 205/210 I hold my own and often beat edl offhand rogues and rangers. This build especially dominates event bosses and ring bosses.
I'm going hybrid on my lvl 196 mage (triple log with rogue and druid), except I went more toward the ice side. Ice attune, ice lure, shards, ice blast, firestorm, assassin lure. My gear is kinda crap a t the moment, so don't ask what I have (ok ok I'm still using an aggy book). I went ice with firestorm for the AoE in Dobby's room. I was told ice works better there, and so far I'm liking it, but I'm not sure if it beats fire. Cooldown items are a must though.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide