Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The minI event

I don't think people realize how long windows helps we know top clans will camp but so can small clans, so that's not the reason it is getting people on at that time instead of knowing you need to be there at let's say 3-3:10 you have to be at the ready for three hours to log, so maybe a smaller clan gets lucky and can get people to log faster.
I would agree this to be working for dl or edl bosses as it requires low amount of people to kill.
But not for legacys bosses which not only requires tons of time to kill but a lot of Right/high lvl toons to lock.

Having windows as long as the legacy bosses or raid bosses is what gives them a chance to log.

Not a 3hr spawn window.

If a small clan can gather a team n camp for 3hrs so can the dominating one!

If they have a proper known time then the small and the dominating clan can schedule, helping the small clan get a chance at winning locks wid a better team.
Warrior 222, Ranger 220,
Concordiia,
Donn.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I wish that instead of the bosses having timers that the players themselves had them. That way bosses would be more accessible to all players on any given server. Once a player or account has engaged a certain boss that same player/account cant re-engage it until their own personal timer has reset.

This wouldn't affect drop rates but at least it would bring more equality and fairness to all clans and players.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

My two cents

Mini event, ok fun but it favours certain player levels. Over over 230 can basically sit aside because of the level lock system. You're not gonna lock anything lol

3 hr window sucks bad. Instead of 2-3 clans camping for
10 mins each 5 hrs it's 2-3 clans camping for up to 3 hours.

If the purpose is to have more gear for more players why not make a level appropriate boss for 220+? Maybe a 220 osan and spider with improved gear? That way everyone can enjoy the event. Or perhaps when there's a mini boss weekend like this make proteus and gelebron spawn every 12 hrs and make them drop godly only. It's kinna sad loot from 2 years ago is still appealing for 230s anyway. I really wish it wasn't. It'd be nice to move on to better things

My two cents

Mini event, ok fun but it favours certain player levels. Over over 230 can basically sit aside because of the level lock system. You're not gonna lock anything lol

If the purpose is to have more gear for more players why not make a level appropriate boss for 220+? Maybe a 220 osan and spider with improved gear? That way everyone can enjoy the event. Or perhaps when there's a mini boss weekend like this make proteus and gelebron spawn every 12 hrs and make them drop godly only. It's kinna sad loot from 2 years ago is still appealing for 230s anyway. I really wish it wasn't. It'd be nice to move on to better things
Exactly my point.
It's easier to schedule for the next 5hrs than sitting and camping for 3hours.
Small clans may lose the boss 1st but then they can have a better team for the second spawn.
If the small clan really wants the drop, they will do this than camping it for 3hrs straight and losing on lock to the dom clan cuz half ppl got bored and left in between.
Warrior 222, Ranger 220,
Concordiia,
Donn.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

My two cents

I think going forward I'll look at doing mini events for select level brackets or even more general events. While the boss mini events target a large chunk of the player base it does somewhat filter out other groups.

The problem with creating new bosses or rebalancing gear is it takes up large amounts of time. While I would like to do "special" events and may look at what options I have for doing these the majority of these mini events are designed to benefit and engage the community whilst not taking time away from design who are working on the next update.
Similarly, with the loot option, it requires the rebalancing of loot tables (Which when changing hopefully do not massively break) which is a pain to do opposed to changing min max values on a mobs spawn point.

You do raise a good point in your post though and I will look into our options for future mini events assuming we continue them.

Mini events are a great idea, provided it's not constant rehashing,
As for the content and timers vs clan monopolising, perhaps creating a truly open boss/event/every 6 hour kind of thing,
Timers can be set to the individual players rather than to the spawn,
Ie boss/quest isn't available after killing for 5-6 hours etc,
Re-spawn would be quick as not worth having to camp

Group of 8
1 random drop mighty-godly etc
7 pieces of something to sell for gold or something that has to be collected etc dropped Randomly to those within group.

Not explaining what I mean very well, but to remove the monopolising on intended events wouldn't having the timer on the person rather than the boss be more effective

Dailies that needed grouped for are an example of sorts but with a shorter window would keep things switching around, times could be random for each persons also

You talk about rebalancing as if it's a major priority, and that you cannot just simply take an item, recopy its parameters, and add a point or two here or there. If you want to rebalance something take a look at mages. As I've said already, other classes are hitting melees as high/higher than my skill hits. I have 3 void/godly cooldown reduction items and an edl book, 5.2k+ e sigs, quickswap 5+ items continuously with no delay, and on e lix with several 150 focus pots I cannot outdps an afk ranger who isn't top 10 in the clan. Balanced? I average about 1 button push a second and have 10x the gear/plat invested but a ranger can simply press 3 buttons (haste, attack lix, autoattack) and get kill over me. #AddDivineDamageToCasterSkills
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Muldar you might look at stuff like having a weekend where (mord, necro, proteus, gele) raid bosses spawn every 8 hours with a 10 min window where only shadow and void str and vit Spears, shadow and godly attack helms drop, bow and dagger ring, attack bracers, touch/Dmg mage skulls, etc. If you did this once every few months players would love it
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

My two cents

And now you know why I won't level past 220. Idk why people level higher you are only spending huge amounts of time and money to nerf yourself.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|