Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Bear pets after IOS update

I want to check and see if I understand this correctly. To obtain a bear pet a player has to randomly find some sort of bear token while fishing? If your lucky enough to get a bear at all you then have to repeat this process in order to level it? I assume the bear eats fish that the player catches. Is the drop chance equal across all fishing holes? Does a players level of fishing skill effect the drop rates?

Please tell me if that was right before I begin playing fishermans heroes in an attempt to get a bear pet. Thanks.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Re: Bear pets after IOS update

To get a bear pet you need to
  1. Get the quest from Grizzly McAdams at the Highshore docks
  2. Obtain the 5 required items directly as rewards from fishing the Rippling Waters throughout Lirs.
  3. Turn in the 5 items for a level 1 bear
I don't think there are any bears greater than level 1 right now. At least not according to Grizzly McAdams. We all know how credible that guy is.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Hey guys let me just clear up things a bit about the Bears.

The Bear Quest used to have a much higher Fishing Level requirement, but we have lowered that to 1 so anybody can start the quest.

We did originally have the Bear Quest items inside the lockboxes but found that it made them a bit too rare, so now the Quest Items are dropping on their own and can be "caught" just like a fish.

For this update there is only 1 Tier of Fishing Bear as we didn't want to make them too over powered for just the starting Fishing areas. Future updates will offer more powerful Bears.
Game Designer at One Thumb Mobile

Hey guys let me just clear up things a bit about the Bears.

The Bear Quest used to have a much higher Fishing Level requirement, but we have lowered that to 1 so anybody can start the quest.

We did originally have the Bear Quest items inside the lockboxes but found that it made them a bit too rare, so now the Quest Items are dropping on their own and can be "caught" just like a fish.

For this update there is only 1 Tier of Fishing Bear as we didn't want to make them too over powered for just the starting Fishing areas. Future updates will offer more powerful Bears.
I dont think these changes made it to live.
  • The quest requirement is currently level 30, not level 1.
  • All text still references the old method
  • I nor anybody I know has gotten any of those 5 Relics of Lir, through any method.

I can assure you that after looking on the server, the requirement for the first pet bear quest "Relics of Lir" can be taken with level 1 Fishing.

If there are any issues with the text from the NPC then please take a screen shot and post it in the Bugs section and we'll take a look
Game Designer at One Thumb Mobile

I can assure you that after looking on the server, the requirement for the first pet bear quest "Relics of Lir" can be taken with level 1 Fishing.
Ah. Thats right. The toon I just checked with had 0 fishing.

Do all rippling waters have an equal chance of the reward, regardless of water level? Or do higher level fishing areas have a higher chance for reward.

I was fishing for hours yesterday. From the dock to highshore village and anywhere in between. I made it to level 47 and in that time did not catch even one piece required for the bear. I didn't catch any tokens or anything of use. I have caught over 100 water logged boots though and a ton of blemished pearls. This bear quest is rather ridiculous.
Epona

220 Warrior

King of Noobs 0.0

Goonies doing the truffle shuffle

I was fishing for hours yesterday. From the dock to highshore village and anywhere in between. I made it to level 47 and in that time did not catch even one piece required for the bear. I didn't catch any tokens or anything of use. I have caught over 100 water logged boots though and a ton of blemished pearls. This bear quest is rather ridiculous.
I had basically the same experience as you, and I suspect it's pretty much the same across the board for everyone. I imagine the actual drop percentage for bear quest pieces is astronomically low in order to keep people fishing longer. The problem is that when drop percentages are that low it tends to backfire. I can't speak for anyone else but getting a bear is my whole reason for fishing. If it isn't actually obtainable then why waste my time with fishing at all?
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

I had basically the same experience as you, and I suspect it's pretty much the same across the board for everyone. I imagine the actual drop percentage for bear quest pieces is astronomically low in order to keep people fishing longer. The problem is that when drop percentages are that low it tends to backfire. I can't speak for anyone else but getting a bear is my whole reason for fishing. If it isn't actually obtainable then why waste my time with fishing at all?

Yeah I hear ya. The whole point of the bear is to help fishing and now I'm done fishing until they add content. So the bear is basically useless and almost impossible to get. Also I was getting more rare items fishing at the dock than I was fishing at highshore village lol. There really was no point/benefit to reaching level 47
Epona

220 Warrior

King of Noobs 0.0

Goonies doing the truffle shuffle