Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Let's Take A Look At Celtic Heroes First News Post!

What's great about these bows was that they were random drops from many different mobs.

You don't buy them in shops or farm them from a raid boss. Rangers gradually upgrade their weapons as they get better drops and it was fun back then. Something CH could use more of today.

Alas, CH has become a shopping game and mobs don't drop anything useful, except the ultra rare riftskull and spyrestone bracers from carrow and tower that are obsolete by the time you get them as there are much better choices from the shops. Same with alchemical rings that are too high level req with very low drop rates.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

What's great about these bows was that they were random drops from many different mobs.

You don't buy them in shops or farm them from a raid boss. Rangers gradually upgrade their weapons as they get better drops and it was fun back then. Something CH could use more of today.

Alas, CH has become a shopping game and mobs don't drop anything useful, except the ultra rare riftskull and spyrestone bracers from carrow and tower that are obsolete by the time you get them as there are much better choices from the shops. Same with alchemical rings that are too high level req with very low drop rates.

I remember when I started back in Jan 2012 we upgraded from catacomb drops mainly :). And you could even get rogue offhands. I still have a sgian dubh +7 pierce in my bank on Rosmerta. Tanned darkrun and the boss drop armors from avatar etc were used way more than shop armor from shale or even sv until you got warden. And people were excited when a twin soul ammy dropped :). Simpler times and way more fun
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Those were the days, nothing compares to the excitement I had back then when I completed my full hammered redclaw set, they had the normal tier set but that wasn't as good, CH needs to add mobs that drop useful gear again, everything we currently have is much too rare and as Ail pointed out, typically obsolete by the time it drops.
Server: Arawn
Player: Phyzem:216Rogue
Player: Krypto:187-Rogue
Clan: Unit
http://www.youtube.com/mrappbee

I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n