Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Proc Chance?

Is proc chance on DL/EDL/Necro weapons affected by attack?

Would you be more likely to land procs with 10k attack compared to 5k attack?

Or is it just the 5% random chance.

Any answer with backup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Proc Chance?

Proc chance has nothing to do with attack. Attack only affects the chance of your auto hit. Some say if you play CH naked, proc chance will increase. But I haven't test this yet so not able to confirm.

Proc chance has nothing to do with attack. Attack only affects the chance of your auto hit. Some say if you play CH naked, proc chance will increase. But I haven't test this yet so not able to confirm.
Haha worth a try
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)

What tests have you done to confirm attack and proc chance have nothing to do with each other?

I kind of think they do
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Basically, is proc chance based on every individual auto whether it lands or not, or only on the succesful autos when attacking a mob? If it's only on the succesful autos then wouldn't it be affected by attack
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-

Arawn
Rranger52 200+

Basically, is proc chance based on every individual auto whether it lands or not, or only on the succesful autos when attacking a mob? If it's only on the succesful autos then wouldn't it be affected by attack
thankyou for explaining, this is exactly my theory. I believe you can only proc on successful hits so your attack would very much effect this.

using an EDL Bow you can auto 803 times in 15 minutes on an 1120 attack speed, if 5 out of 100 autos proc(5% proc chance) then if you landed every auto on a boss during that 15 minutes (you can't) you would more often than not proc 40 times or 35-45 times because it's just an average chance not guaranteed obviously, now if you cut that in half because on average most players have an amount of attack to give a 50% strike rate that would be maybe 15-25 procs which is literally the average amount of procs you will get over the period of 15 minutes(kill a boss for 15 minutes and count before you disagree with me, I've done tests) not many players will get a 60%+ hit rate and very few will get a 70%+ hit rate on ebg so more than 25 Is unlikely to occur in a 15 minute period

Mathematically this suggests your attack does in fact effect the amount of procs your weapon will have and I firmly stand by this data I collected although I cannot confirm it 100% to be true
I am Relentless

Proc chance is dependent on attack. You need to land autos to trigger the proc, not just swings. You can't proc on a missed auto.5% of autos means 5% of landed autos can trigger it. This is subject to fluctuations as well sadly,like a another clannie with lower attack than you can proc more on a certain raid than you, but in overall raids you will be more consistent with the procs. Ask your tank to count his proc with dl/edl/necro sword on a 15m raid and compare if it's independent of attack.

If you wanna go balls deep go to arena and test proc on a friend with varying attack and defense parameters and see the proc chance(super boring) . Necro weapons are good for this(or the 2014 yule weps). I tested this way back with a clannie of mine who got a void sword once, I don't have the numbers atm.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Proc chance is dependent on attack. You need to land autos to trigger the proc, not just swings. You can't proc on a missed auto.5% of autos means 5% of landed autos can trigger it. This is subject to fluctuations as well sadly,like a another clannie with lower attack than you can proc more on a certain raid than you, but in overall raids you will be more consistent with the procs. Ask your tank to count his proc with dl/edl/necro sword on a 15m raid and compare if it's independent of attack.

If you wanna go balls deep go to arena and test proc on a friend with varying attack and defense parameters and see the proc chance(super boring) . Necro weapons are good for this(or the 2014 yule weps). I tested this way back with a clannie of mine who got a void sword once, I don't have the numbers atm.
When testing make sure the tank uses a heroic haste to make sure the data's accurate
I am Relentless

U guys are all wrong.
Yes u r right about the part that proc comes from successful autos only.
BUT....
5% proc does not mean that if u do 100 successful autos u will for sure get 5 procs.
5% proc means that every successful auto has 5% chance to trigger proc.
That is a very different thing.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal