Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 100-150

The overall XP curve re balancing is still being looked into and will hopefully be implemented in the near future.

This will help with the "grind" aspect of Celtic Heroes make the transition to 220 less intensive.

The overall XP curve re balancing is still being looked into and will hopefully be implemented in the near future.

This will help with the "grind" aspect of Celtic Heroes make the transition to 220 less intensive.
We don't just need a curve we need a full out optimization. 1-80 should be no problemo now got newcomers, since it isn't even low mid game, it's just medium newbie. It was endgame once, and then it was a reasonable grind. 1-220 is now like becoming a endgame player... 5times!!!
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

We don't just need a curve we need a full out optimization. 1-80 should be no problemo now got newcomers, since it isn't even low mid game, it's just medium newbie. It was endgame once, and then it was a reasonable grind. 1-220 is now like becoming a endgame player... 5times!!!
Are you saying the 1 - 80 is easy? and everything after is harder?

Have you played the 1 - 80 section again recently?

With the additional Stonevale questlines and soon to be added post Stonevale quests it has got significantly easier for the average player.

Similarly with bounties the additional XP gained makes leveling to 80 significantly faster.

For 80+ the XP curve re-balance would help with that issue and further quest updates are being added.

I recently tried 1-100 on a new toon with gear similar to new people, without help from a big clan. I made it to 93 and cried several times and decided to stop. Thats even knowing I cheated, because I used a xp so now and then.

The new Stonevale quests help, but its not like I suddenly have to grind less. There is also a quest thats bugged I believe, something with finding a x amount of bears, but they never spawn.

Because I played as a noob, I also tried the "Auto Level Up" and I have to say my mage was very happy with his dexterity (???). Regen sucked and had to wait several minutes before my HP and Energy was full again. Didn't have much gold to buy stuff, so I had to farm and after had to shout in castle I was buying something, which sucked because Castle is dying (Auction House).

Because this post gets really negative, I want to say well done OTM on the new design of Crookback, it looks cool.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

I recently tried 1-100 on a new toon with gear similar to new people, without help from a big clan. I made it to 93 and cried several times and decided to stop. Thats even knowing I cheated, because I used a xp so now and then.

The new Stonevale quests help, but its not like I suddenly have to grind less. There is also a quest thats bugged I believe, something with finding a x amount of bears, but they never spawn.

Because I played as a noob, I also tried the "Auto Level Up" and I have to say my mage was very happy with his dexterity (???). Regen sucked and had to wait several minutes before my HP and Energy was full again. Didn't have much gold to buy stuff, so I had to farm and after had to shout in castle I was buying something, which sucked because Castle is dying (Auction House).

Because this post gets really negative, I want to say well done OTM on the new design of Crookback, it looks cool.
The main problem is regens. New players can not afford 170k+ worth of lux without buying plat.

Like I have said before, give players a few sigils when they level. It wont make characters 'overpowered' and the waiting time between kills will significantly decrease.

And guess what's the outcome. Players can actually play the game instead of waiting 3 minutes before their energy and health have been fully regenerated!!
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Were there any parts in particular you did not enjoy? Certain areas or quests?

The quest in mention had some recent changes that will go live in the next server restart.

Believe it adds some dex to help with defense etc. Won't be a perfect system but at least points in right direction.

Once you enter Shalamont and come to Trappers, I believe you have to level a bit to be able to solo them or need to group up. Then a few quests later you come to a quest where you have to kill lv 50+ warriors and Coldseers, which are both too strong if you only did quests. So, you also need to grind (with xp it goes fast). Then in Stonevale you can do 1 or 2 quests if you leave Shalamont around 55-60 and then have to grind 5 more levels. From then you start to realize leveling isnt going as hard anymore and when you're done with all the quests in Stonevale, there is nothing else to do anymore, other than grinding in Stonevale, Otherworld or Pirates.

And something I really noticed was that once I was lv 80, leveling became harder and way slower than before.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

I think the way to fix the exp curve would be to make it so that you level through the areas via the quest lines available, ie: completing quests within the area would automatically make you of level for the next area/map/floor etc
any grinding you decide to do would only be optional to yourself.
Quests would be the main source to level up through the areas correctly, at many stages through the game as mentioned in previous posts you finish quests for the area you are in but then need hours of grinding to be able to accept/complete quests that are following

Hi,

The problem is not that the XP curve is unbalanced as much as it is that the experience gained per kill does not reflect the same basic logarithmic scale that the XP curve uses. By adjusting the amount of experience for each kill to reflect the appropriate logarithmic scale based upon the mob levels the XP curve will automatically rebalance.

Proof of this can automatically be seen when all 3-star mobs give the same amount of experience on each kill irrespective of mob level.