Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Cost of the average raid

Lets look at any standard end game boss, we'll say Gelebron since he's the most relevant.

Last kill I was at we had ~40 people at the show. I'm guessing something like 10 casters, 30 non casters. It was a normal fight, nothing special and fairly smooth.

- I died 6 times and used 13 pots. Lets pretend the average player used 5 idols and 10 pots. I know rangers used less of these, rogues and tank used more. Frankly I have no idea how much people used but these are at least the rogue numbers.
- I know that every single person used an hp regen lix and an energy regen lix.
- I know that all 30 non casters used a haste and attack elixir.
* I know that many people used various elixirs such as armour/defence/ and even combos, but I'll leave this out as I wouldn't be able to estimate how many *

This brings a total of:

200 idols - 200g each = 40000g
400 pots - 200g each = 80000g
40 hp regen lix - 500g each = 20000g
40 energy regen lix - 500g each = 20000g
30 haste lix - 3k each = 90000g
30 attack lix - 1k each = 30000g

For a grand total of 270k or in terms of a direct gold-plat conversion at the "best value"($100 for 500k gold), about $60 USD. Valuing these in pure plat value(assuming heroics would be about 2 plat more than super) you'll be around 2k platinum for the fight which is the same value. I believe this calculation is also low considering all the other elixirs people could have used, and my standard for idols/pots is likely low as pots get ripped through by some players for energy.

Our clan has killed Gelebron about 15 times. Judging by this clairvoyant calculation of an "OK" kill that's at least $900 spent killing Gelebron so far.

Also if you didn't realize, there are many more bosses killed weekly, daily, and hourly that also require platinum. How does this make you feel? Discuss.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Re: Cost of the average raid

Gelebron is by far the most expensive though, I think you were pretty fair on numbers because I use a lot more then 5 idols and 10 pots, in fact I'm spamming pots nearly the whole fight and die every 60-120 seconds and we usually have to double lix so x all that by 2 and let's not even go into the plat use if it rages lol

If they acted like any normal company that provides a service does and fixed problems we pointed out promptly, listened and implemented feedback that we want our provider (that we pay considerably well) to provide us. Then I wouldn't mind spending all this plat. Frankly It pisses me off thinking about how much I spend, they're just lucky I have personal relationships with the people in my clan or I would have quit already taking my wallet with me
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

If they acted like any normal company that provides a service does and fixed problems we pointed out promptly, listened and implemented feedback that we want our provider (that we pay considerably well) to provide us. Then I wouldn't mind spending all this plat. Frankly It pisses me off thinking about how much I spend, they're just lucky I have personal relationships with the people in my clan or I would have quit already taking my wallet with me
Only reason I don't buy plat anymore.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Makes me feel like throwing up.

This game is just one big expensive gamble.
Agreed it is a big money pot which is sad because usually a mmo is supposed to have optional in game purchases but really in this game it kinda forces you to buy it to do anything. Farming, levelling and bossing. Etc. They should of taken a different approach to the currency in this game like some games have different steps Bronze-gold-platinum then they will have like some small packages you can buy in shop to boost your amount. If they did something like that while still having in game purchases I'm sure the game will have a somewhat healthy player-base that is happy with the system. Those are just my thoughts..
Lugh
Rogue - Bugs 221
Been a Celtic Heroes Shill since 2011 ._.
"There are so many bugs in this game that sometimes it feels like I’m playing Starship Troopers"

Gelebron is about the same plat sink as doing proteus short on players. Gelebron spawns less frequently and can't be zerged nearly as easy so it's more of a lure to try it before someone else does.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

You would think from a business perspective that OTM would consider adding instances for bosses so that these bosses could be fought more frequently and by more players. By improving this aspect of the game alone they could greatly increase their revinue stream.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Gelebron is plat sink, I agree, but our clan uses the rewarded golds from hrung , mordy necro , proteus, event boss and gelebron kills to buy the needed books lixes restos idols.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Gelebron is plat sink, I agree, but our clan uses the rewarded golds from hrung , mordy necro , proteus, event boss and gelebron kills to buy the needed books lixes restos idols.
But is that enough? In a way your losing more than your gaining
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.