Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dicing

Can someone explain to me two things

1. Why would anyone dice at 60x2 instead of 50x2 to have even odds instead of odds against you

2. Why does the 'host' hold the gold? Why not just each person holds their gold and loser pays winner?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Dicing

1. The dicing host has to have the odds in his favor, otherwise there is no point. He is sitting in castle all day instead of gold farming so he needs a way to increase his odds of winning.

2. Uhm, well. What happens when you dice and the loser who wanted to dice doesnt feel like paying up? Then you might ask well couldnt the host scam? Yes but if you dont trust him why would you give him your gold to hold.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

I wonder if the possibility of a NPC dicing host has ever been explored? I imagine the Tavern would be a good place for it. At least that way people can throw their gold away and feel safe about it.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

1. The dicing host has to have the odds in his favor, otherwise there is no point. He is sitting in castle all day instead of gold farming so he needs a way to increase his odds of winning.

2. Uhm, well. What happens when you dice and the loser who wanted to dice doesnt feel like paying up? Then you might ask well couldnt the host scam? Yes but if you dont trust him why would you give him your gold to hold.
So the one that doesn't sit in Castle all day is penalized because the host sits in castle all day?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

So the one that doesn't sit in Castle all day is penalized because the host sits in castle all day?
You are acting like people are forced to dice. If you don't want to dice 60x2, then don't do it.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Dicing is asking to be scammed. It's always in the hosts favor and even then many hosts will hustle you into one big bet and log with it all if the host has to pay up.

Hosting is a nightmare as if people lose money they will rant on and on about you scamming them and try and ruin your rep. Trash talk behind your back and make up crazy %#*! stories etc...

No idea why anyone dices, doubly so with lvl5 burner account hosts.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I wonder if the possibility of a NPC dicing host has ever been explored? I imagine the Tavern would be a good place for it. At least that way people can throw their gold away and feel safe about it.
isn't dicing considered gambling? If so I doubt OTM would add it in
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Chests are gambling, they added those.
Gold is the official ingame currency though.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD