Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage necro kills?

Why do people even bother with getting kills... It's cool if you get the kill, but getting the kill at a raid boss mostly means that you didn't help that much on adds

'Being the best dps' comes down to how much resist a boss has.

Melee mostly trumps casters on raid bosses due to divine damage. Something casters lack. I am sure if dl did add divine damage to casters skill attacks they would be on par with melee at raids dps wise
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Why do people even bother with getting kills... It's cool if you get the kill, but getting the kill at a raid boss mostly means that you didn't help that much on adds

'Being the best dps' comes down to how much resist a boss has.

Melee mostly trumps casters on raid bosses due to divine damage. Something casters lack. I am sure if dl did add divine damage to casters skill attacks they would be on par with melee at raids dps wise
I bother if I get kill while doing adds.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

^ty for clarifying the only endgame purpose of mages
Killing gele crystals? freezing gele crystals? freezing prot heals? Freezing gele shield? Offhand book on necro spirits works well.
In other words they have a single role and it is to freeze other than throwing an Eldritch Fury every 3 mins. Yes their dps is the best on gele crystals, but druids beat them on poison ones and rogues are there too to kill as they dont do that alone. An eldritch fury every 3 mins on spirits isnt equivalent to the dps a rogue or ranger or warrior or druid deals on them constantly (swarm/rupture/divine strike/divine dmg/rondel/quiver/shield skills).

I dont get why the class that is meant to be glass cannon, if u argue on that, then
Mage - because being a glass cannon and instagibing things with high damage is a load of fun.

Also because I've been a healer in MMOs for over 10 years, and fancied a change ;)
Glass cannon isnt what mage does here, hes nothing more than glass.

^ty for clarifying the only endgame purpose of mages
Killing gele crystals? freezing gele crystals? freezing prot heals? Freezing gele shield? Offhand book on necro spirits works well.
So mages are a support class, and even less glorified than healing/buffing.
Or how about mages have a couple skills that help support smoother boss kills. Just like rogues, druids, and rangers do.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Freeze, Lures and DPS on non chaos mobs and some weak resist endgame bosses is their role, yes
End-game are raid bosses, edls are set up to end-game raiding. So no, no raid boss is weak to fire other than aggy.

Got my first necro kill on first day of update (crit skill only 100 ish so not a big role there) over hasted 220+ edl quiver rangers. Was my first time attempting necro kill in about a year; usually I stay out of grps so I probably could have gotten sooner. Are other mages getting kills more often, with the crits arguably helping caster dps more than melee, along with offhand buff? This was also with a dark skull which I recently upgraded to void, so hopefully I get a couple more now :)
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs