Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Advertisement

Theyre already doing a good job of squeezing plat from players. Every update theyve done since U3 is for that single goal in mind. But I agree, if they get an investor that doesnt care about the game, its only going to get worse.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Advertising costs money. So OTM should find investors. It could be us players or companies. At the moment I work as CLO in a finance company. We often invest in companies to fund them, make them grow and later do an exit. I taked to our CEO who also is a passionate gamer. Im sure he will arrive on Morrigan in the near future as he wanted to know all about the game and OTM. There OTM could find the funds needed to advertise and grow.
Investors would be the end of the game. Terrible terrible terrible idea. Investors would demand maximum money from players and not care about anything else at all period. I can only imagine they would take the best freemium mmorpg and turn it into a craptastic wonderland of micro purchases. All mmorpg need to make some money, servers and employees cost money. But this game does not try to squeeze every last penny out of you that they can, which will be the first thing defenestrated with new management/new directors.

The day they take on big money investors is the day I quit.
The day they take on investors (not big money investors) is the day the game gets the cash to put up all the things the players have been asking for years. It's the day there are more employees to listen to our problems.

The day they take on investors (not big money investors) is the day the game gets the cash to put up all the things the players have been asking for years. It's the day there are more employees to listen to our problems.
No one is going to invest a substantial amount of money without dictating terms. No investor will give even a tiny **** about what players actually want, it will be 100% about money and 0% other concerns. That's why it's called investing and not altruism or charity.

I guess they could take in a very large number of small investors, but that is actually extraordinarily hard to do and quite unlikely.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

No one is going to invest a substantial amount of money without dictating terms. No investor will give even a tiny **** about what players actually want, it will be 100% about money and 0% other concerns. That's why it's called investing and not altruism or charity.

I guess they could take in a very large number of small investors, but that is actually extraordinarily hard to do and quite unlikely.
You can have a lot of small investor if u list the company publicly.

Another point for OTM, even if the game looks horrible, it's nothing compared to the other advertise iOS games out there.

Clash of Clans has some of the best advertisements out there, it looks like an awesome 3D game but in reality it's a FarmVille rip off dependant on $$$ to really move forward in the game.

Mobile Strike is a similar and awful game. It's action movie themed advertisements with Arnold Schwarzenegger is a real attention grabber.

The advertisement needs to be half decent and the game will go places. Hire someone with a nice strong voice and do a voice over with gameplay.
Wattzon of Sulis