Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Advertisement

Without instance dungeons and armour quests that can take months or more to complete this game is full of bottle necks. I wonder how it would handle an huge influx of players up to endgame Also OTM are not that agile in adjusting issues in game.

Right now I think CH could handle a large number players at the lower levels. Even Frozen Bosses don't seem overloaded. But the higher DL Bosses are at capacity now. crowns are still very hard to get (especially with our stupid colour system).

What do people do when DL and EDL have double the players competing? Will older players give up? Will the new players continue if they see no chance to get End game? Not to mention Dol Gul armour etc.

If OTM had a real plan to handle load on the game a big player increase would be great. That would mean more Development resources for the game surely and faster content.

WITHOUT a plan it's something that could backfire. Organic growth is what they have gone with so far and it is working (slowly) but it's true that is not the only way.

I agree entirely with this and I'll add more. There only 2 places to grind level for people who are the same level, we get sent back to the same places on bounties, can u imagine what it will be like with loads more people? No one will be able to level up at all. Bounties will be really hard to complete with more people doing the same one. Rogues have the hardest time on getting geared and with more ppl coming in choosing different classes it will get to be the same for all classes, and in all other mmorpgs I've played, rogues/assassins/thiefs r always the dominant class so if we get more rogues it's gunna be even harder to be geared. Before they start advertising this game needs to change drastically, everything about it need to change or I can see people quiting cuz it will be way too hard to get anything done. I don't think it's the kind of game made for high capacity of players, I would certainly hate any more players joining.

Without instance dungeons and armour quests that can take months or more to complete this game is full of bottle necks. I wonder how it would handle an huge influx of players up to endgame Also OTM are not that agile in adjusting issues in game.

Right now I think CH could handle a large number players at the lower levels. Even Frozen Bosses don't seem overloaded. But the higher DL Bosses are at capacity now. crowns are still very hard to get (especially with our stupid colour system).

What do people do when DL and EDL have double the players competing? Will older players give up? Will the new players continue if they see no chance to get End game? Not to mention Dol Gul armour etc.

If OTM had a real plan to handle load on the game a big player increase would be great. That would mean more Development resources for the game surely and faster content.

WITHOUT a plan it's something that could backfire. Organic growth is what they have gone with so far and it is working (slowly) but it's true that is not the only way.

I agree entirely with this and I'll add more. There only 2 places to grind level for people who are the same level, we get sent back to the same places on bounties, can u imagine what it will be like with loads more people? No one will be able to level up at all. Bounties will be really hard to complete with more people doing the same one. Rogues have the hardest time on getting geared and with more ppl coming in choosing different classes it will get to be the same for all classes, and in all other mmorpgs I've played, rogues/assassins/thiefs r always the dominant class so if we get more rogues it's gunna be even harder to be geared. Before they start advertising this game needs to change drastically, everything about it need to change or I can see people quiting cuz it will be way too hard to get anything done. I don't think it's the kind of game made for high capacity of players, I would certainly hate any more players joining.
This is why we need instances. Allow groups to be up to 15 people and let them take on a limited amount of instances per day to earn items for gear. Of course event bosses should spawn outside instances but they should also have much faster spawn time
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

"barely has enough to function" Celtic Heroes will still be here for a long time :)

I haven't seen the balance sheets so I'm not sure as I said above :) but considering your a small company I was not sure if you had a ton of profits or not. I meant no offense by that ;)
Some people spend over $1000 every event
They have to pay bills with tht.... Payroll R&D etc they don't get all the $1000 who knows what the margain is

Simply put advertisements cost money and large large amounts of it.
I was just going to say this. Most don't truly understand the cost of advertising, especially during prime time hours.

Most local businesses like car or furniture business advertise from 2am-4am. That's the cheapest and what they can afford.
Where do sites like Facebook and Google get a huge chuck of their revenue? Yep - advertising, and they earn billions, because it doesn't cost $5.
Advertising costs money. So OTM should find investors. It could be us players or companies. At the moment I work as CLO in a finance company. We often invest in companies to fund them, make them grow and later do an exit. I taked to our CEO who also is a passionate gamer. Im sure he will arrive on Morrigan in the near future as he wanted to know all about the game and OTM. There OTM could find the funds needed to advertise and grow.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

I was just going to say this. Most don't truly understand the cost of advertising, especially during prime time hours.

Most local businesses like car or furniture business advertise from 2am-4am. That's the cheapest and what they can afford.
Where do sites like Facebook and Google get a huge chuck of their revenue? Yep - advertising, and they earn billions, because it doesn't cost $5.
Advertising costs money. So OTM should find investors. It could be us players or companies. At the moment I work as CLO in a finance company. We often invest in companies to fund them, make them grow and later do an exit. I taked to our CEO who also is a passionate gamer. Im sure he will arrive on Morrigan in the near future as he wanted to know all about the game and OTM. There OTM could find the funds needed to advertise and grow.
Ty someone who knows what their talking about.....

If all these awful games like clash of clans and mobile strike can be successful with advertisement, imagine how successful Celtic Heroes would be.

This game is way better than the above mentioned barring the issue of developer and player disconnect. Advertisement will be a massive boost for this game, it can reach the height of World of Warcraft, since mobile gameplay have reached the level of desktop gameplay in recent years.
Wattzon of Sulis

Interesting thoughts in this thread :lol:

One of the reasons Clash of Clans got so popular is because most of their budget was spent on advertisement. (and the fact Supercell is a division of Softbank who had huge revenue going in.)

Marketing and Advertising is something we are looking into though and hope to do more of in the future, we are not as some have put it "barely has enough to function" Celtic Heroes will still be here for a long time :)
We can advertise, there was an option to share this game for platinum right in the social media section. So 5 plat for sharing on facebook or something?
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Investors would be the end of the game. Terrible terrible terrible idea. Investors would demand maximum money from players and not care about anything else at all period. I can only imagine they would take the best freemium mmorpg and turn it into a craptastic wonderland of micro purchases. All mmorpg need to make some money, servers and employees cost money. But this game does not try to squeeze every last penny out of you that they can, which will be the first thing defenestrated with new management/new directors.

The day they take on big money investors is the day I quit.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|