Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Furyion's Ice Mage Guide

What about lure of assassin?
Depends.

If you solo don't use it.

If you group level with a rogue or a ranger consider it. Those classes do not have a shatter/lure type skill so the lure will help their damage a good amount. You hurt your own potential though by using it. I personally don't like support skills as I want to be able to fight alone at full power when need be, but that's an opinion.

The lure has an important use in endgame bossing, but until that point it's not worth using boss wise, as endgame bosses are the only place you'll need it, and other bosses are easy enough to beat without it.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Re: Furyion's Ice Mage Guide(Updated 2017)

I noticed a few things changed since I wrote this(notably the tower update), so I added my gear suggestions to it and fixed a few typos.

I do come up with builds a lot to help friends who are in the tower, but i personally never made it there(stopped leveling mage during carrow). So I put what I belive is good for the new gear.

I'd like if some people could review it, and if you have any suggestions or comments I can edit/discuss it.

Also I did not update my auto-mage guide because the information is still relevant, edl wand does magic damage so dl wand is still better.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Curious ... with crits, what's your highest skill hit now ?
Sorry to disappoint :/ but I retired my mage back in late 2014(at 190), and am currently taking a break from the game. I still check the forums though.

The picture was from my prime in early 2014 :)

I personally don't have a good crit skill hit, but as for others, 40k+ is what you are looking at for a properly geared endgame ice mage
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

As far as icemages go, they're a lot of fun, but Fury forgot to mention the Perceptor amulets. I'm personally a HUGE fan of Perceptor ammys, as they give obscene focus and vitality (or armour), as well as 100 energy regen and an extra energy shield that absorbs 400/600/800 dmg (90/140/190 ammys). That shield skill has saved my life literally thousands of times in my career, and functions as an extra resto. It buys me that crucial two seconds it takes to finish off a mob, or cooldown a resto or energy shield. Additionally, he mentioned the Skyglass/prism bracelet skills, but neglected the best part about the skill. IT IS A BUFF FOR YOUR BUFFS Cast brace skill (+150/300 focus for 20 secs), and then cast shield/attune. It boosts the skills significantly, and also leaves time for a Shards afterwards. It is also extremely helpful in pvp, as is the Perceptor skill. I may be only level 211, with minimal raid gear, but that skill/att combo allows me to regularly hit 10-12k on Shards and Blast. It's a must-have for crit-junky icemages like myself.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]