Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Trade Light Heal for Barbed?

Hey, so I'm currently at level 100 on my ranger, playing a dex build. I planned on using light heal, however, I cast it maybe two times in a lix, and at that rate I might as well use a resto, since I have plenty of them

The only reason I haven't done it yet, is because I'm not sure what skill to switch to -

Currently I use Light Heal, Sharp Shot, Long Shot, and Double Shot maxed, with extra points in rapid

I'm not a fan of bolas, since it just uses up lix time, and is generally good only for bossing

So is barbed shot worth switching for, or should I try something else like sharpen weapons, explosive arrow, or steady aim?

(PS, I plan on using sharpen and steady when I switch to an auto build at 150)
Tablesalt - Lugh - Mage
Seasalt - Lugh - Ranger

Re: Trade Light Heal for Barbed?

Personaly I prefer to use longshot, sharp shot, Steady aim light heal and barbed. I am a 153 ranger and i run a dex build most of my str is from mt gear and it puts me around 380. My auto is 400 to 500 and barbed tics for around 300 so its nice to have this knock off the last few HP on a mob while i focus my attacks on others. It all boils down to your gear and how you like to play. Rangers don't hve the most powerful skills but we do have alot more to chose from than most other classes. So just play around with it and see what the best mix is for you and the items you have.

Personaly I prefer to use longshot, sharp shot, Steady aim light heal and barbed. I am a 153 ranger and i run a dex build most of my str is from mt gear and it puts me around 380. My auto is 400 to 500 and barbed tics for around 300 so its nice to have this knock off the last few HP on a mob while i focus my attacks on others. It all boils down to your gear and how you like to play. Rangers don't hve the most powerful skills but we do have alot more to chose from than most other classes. So just play around with it and see what the best mix is for you and the items you have.
We don't "have a lot more to chose from than most other classes"
Have u checked other classes full skill sets?
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

Rangers have very few skills that are actually worth using imo. Maybe if some became str based i might change my mind
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Yes I have checked other classes I have been playing this game for 4 years and have lvled all classes. Imo there are more avaliable skill mixes than most other classes. Yoyou have your own opponion just like everyone else out there. I agree in a str build skills are lacking but in dex build u can play with skills. I am by no means an expert but I have dabbled in a few things in 4 years.

Barbed shot and explosive arrow are 2 of the worst damage skills in the game. Don't use them.
Maybe if barbed was str based it could be ok. But at 45/45 mine was doing 300 dot hits which is kinda not rly worth using lol. FYI i am 100% str build
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple