Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skill/fire magic jewelry vs. lux shop jewelry

Regen is something that I am not concerned about, as I do fine with my sigils.

But with regen ability out of question, between a decent drop jewelry that boosts skills/stats/abilities/etc and a lux shop item of an equivalent level, which would be more beneficial to a mage in general (including endgame lux and drop jewelries)? Without regarding regen, are the lux shop items' bonuses worth it? Keep in mind that when I mean lux items I meant the storyline ones like quigley, the scavenger, QuarterMaster Dorian, etc; event lux don't count.

Re: Skill/fire magic jewelry vs. lux shop jewelry

Mmh thats arguable. I would take gear that adds abilities and direct skill boosts over lux items. But lux items may be a great substitute when you don't have acces to good raid gear.

Could you be more specific which lux exactly you mean?
I meant the standard lux from quigley, wanderer, squire, lord, quartermaster Leif and Dorian. In other words the lux items I mean does not include event lux items, only the standard ones that remain as consistent in game.

Mmh thats arguable. I would take gear that adds abilities and direct skill boosts over lux items. But lux items may be a great substitute when you don't have acces to good raid gear.

I meant the standard lux from quigley, wanderer, squire, lord, quartermaster Leif and Dorian. In other words the lux items I mean does not include event lux items, only the standard ones that remain as consistent in game.
Then if your budget allows it you should buy the following offhand items:
Masters grim
Focus of the seer
Focus of the mystic
180 and 200 lux focus offhand worth it if you dont have dl.

Stay away from the shop armour. Always go with the quest armours like frozen/obsidian/beastbone/dl/occult/edl armour.

Dont buy weapons from the shop either. Use aggy grims, hrung skulls or mordy grims.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Then if your budget allows it you should buy the following offhand items:
Masters grim
Focus of the seer
Focus of the mystic
180 and 200 lux focus offhand worth it if you dont have dl.

Stay away from the shop armour. Always go with the quest armours like frozen/obsidian/beastbone/dl/occult/edl armour.

Dont buy weapons from the shop either. Use aggy grims, hrung skulls or mordy grims.
I am referring to the jewelry section for this thread, i.e. Necklace/bracelets/rings.

Thanks for the tips about weapons and offhands though, I appreciate it.

Ooh sorry. Misunderstood your question.

Definitely stay away from the standard lux shops if your looking for necks braces or rings.
There is enough event gear out there thats alot better then the lux gear. For the lower levels try to find gear that adds skill points.

For example: this event firestorm or iceblast neck, frostiron firebolt or iceshard braces(or next evdnt brace if your patient), yule glacier(eshield) rings or if your lucky samhein spider rings.

The only lux ring from a lux shop that may be worth it is the level 200 focus ring from dorian.

Although you specifically asked for the fixed lux shops I do suggest you to take a look at the event lux.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Got this from yesterday's necro. Besides the spider rings from a previous halloween event, it's probably the most helpful to me.

Although the foc/dex one would have been slightly better.
The real question is why do mage rings have dex on them at all??? I know defense is nice and all, but I'd much rather have that as my choice. Make them all vit/focus.
Tablesalt - Lugh - Mage
Seasalt - Lugh - Ranger