Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Your quick guide to being a merchant

Hey there. I started on the world Epona from scratch, and made 150k in 3 days. I'm here to elaborate on that, and give you some tips on making money fast. This is called merchandising, also known as making money by reselling things

Do's
Do
Purchase popular items that will usually be needed (lixes, plat items, some skill tomes)

Do
Start out an a populated server, you can always xfer later

Do
Purchase things that people will want (heroic ammy, golden elemental blades, level 100 axes)

Do
Keep a spare reserve of gold. If you use all your money on one thing you'll want to have a bit extra just in case.

Do
Be patient. If something you're trying to sell isn't selling, try selling it somewhere else or selling it a later time. Do not drastically decrease your original price to sell.

Don'ts

Don't
Buy bad items that won't sell for much or aren't useful (silver gloves of haste, silver axe of carnage)

Don't
Buy rare collector items that are expensive. You should only do this if you are absolutely sure you can resell it for more.

Don't
Charge a ridiculous price, like 20k for a book of alt

Don't
Change your price too much. You'll get less than you wanted. It's better to wait.

Don't

Spend all of your gold on one thing. You should always have a little extra as a fallback.

How I made 150k from scratch
1. I was killing Manus Blackstone in dustwither and a high level comes along, helps me out, and gives me a lure of magic skill tome.

2. I sold the skill time for 5k

3. Bought (for 3k) and sold (for 4k) xps until I had 10k

4. Bought firestorm time for 10k

5. Sold firestorm for 40k

6. Bought and sold more xps until I had 60k

7. Bought a green Necromancer charm for 60k, because I thought that was a cheap price and I could sell it for higher. This was one of those rare exceptions.

8. Sold the necromancer charm for 125k

9. Bought books of alt for 3k each, and sold them for 5k each until I got to 150k

Tips
-Treat customers nicely
-Don't dice
-Make your selling ads and buying ads into shortcuts in settings, saves time and effort.

future input
Last edited by Rattlesnack on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: Your quick guide to being a merchant

Rares are great investments to go long on.

As for silver axe and silver gloves u can buy those from other players and still make money the market is way more limited though

Over all it's not bad I've made slightly more than u in merching but I have had years of practice and I'm on world donn on android so their less money circulating lol

Step 1: OTM implements an auction house
Step 2: finally be able to sell items without spamming every map to the point everyone is annoyed
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Three days ago I managed to purchase lvl 130 helm of the carapace knowing that there weren't many on our world. Got a bidding war going for the thing a day later ended up making a 70k profit. Yesterday was another decent day as I purchased a 100k glider 60k and managed to sell it on for a 50k glider and silver rejuve + 5k gold. Glider was a sale to shop for 25k, managed to get 70k for rejuve. 100k total 40k profit. I wonder what loitering in the castle holds for me today lol.
Fingal - Whykicamoocow
Hammy Level 221 Mage

i bought 5 camo charms at 100k each from shop. Sold them at 5m each. I beat Warren Buffet on the ROI. If you want to brag about how much profit you have made buying and selling stuff, you have to beat me.
Well, technically I multiplied my starting amount more than you, so technically speaking I would be the more efficient merchant. I started with about 250 gold, 150k=250*600, while 5m=100k*50. You'd still have a higher profit though :D
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

i bought 5 camo charms at 100k each from shop. Sold them at 5m each. I beat Warren Buffet on the ROI. If you want to brag about how much profit you have made buying and selling stuff, you have to beat me.
Well, technically I multiplied my starting amount more than you, so technically speaking I would be the more efficient merchant. I started with about 250 gold, 150k=250*600, while 5m=100k*50. You'd still have a higher profit though :D
You r right. You beat me in your ROI.