Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Clan Ancient Thread

Please only post here if you are in Clan Ancients. We are discussing internal organization and ranks.

thanks
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Re: Clan Ancient Thread

My thoughts on leadership positions in Ancients

As Guy has suggested, Guardians should be at least level 90 and Generals should be at least level 100. Guardianship and Generalship is not automatic. Some of the things that should be considered: is the player a natural leader, is the player active, does the player set a good example, do a number of other guardians/generals think the player should be promoted.

recruits: level 80-85, or used as a type of probation

------------
Membership: while there is a minimum requirement of being level 80 I think that:

1. the guardian who brings a new player into the clan is 'responsible' for them. The guardian will explain the rules, policies and procedures. The guardian will explain etiquette. if the recruit is annoying or misbehaving, the guardian will be responsible to talking to them to get them straightened out.

2. the guardian should know, or have some experience with, a character before inviting them in. Failing that knowledge, the guardian should consult one or two other guardians for their opinions. If the player is unknown, we can give them a shot.

3. Membership is denied to scammers. Players who are just annoying can be allowed in, but their guardian/mentor will explain the way things get done once they are in a clan

-------------
the role of guardians and generals

in addition to bringing in new members into the clan - or kicking members out, guardians and generals are the leaders and set the tone and example for other members. I think our clan is about helping other members out, not just making a profit. Guardians and Generals should help lower level characters complete quests and help gather groups together.

When in groups, the highest level guardian or general is considered the leader. As leader, this person will decide which boss to do next (so the grp doesnt waste time deciding between two or three locations). This person will also decide if grp membership is closed, or decide to bring in other people (like lower level players who might need a quest kill).

----------------
Philosophy of the ancients

finally, i think it is important to decide amongst ourselves, how we want to behave regarding quest items and such. It is my feeling that this clan should be about group work and helping each other advance - making the clan stronger. We should be an inclusive clan, a clan that lower level characters want to join when they get to level 80. How do we do this? Some thoughts are:

1. quest items that are relatively easy to obtain (from a idol perspective, not a time perspective), should pretty much be traded or given freely. For example, gems, moon frags, skill book pages.

2. harder items like elms, rems, tabs, and bindings can be given freely, or charge a modest amount (no more than 50% market value). Needless to say, if someone benefits from getting a free quest item, they should try hard to give away a quest item to someone else who needs it.

3. rare items (stars, space, dragons, fairy diamonds) can be sold, though should be sold in clan at a good discount.

-----------------
clan bank

i think we should consider some type of clan bank. perhaps an account that is shared by Toycat and 2-4 generals (people who likely do not need most of the quest items in the bank). The general rules would be something like:

1. Clan members are expected to donate at least half of the non-rare quest type items that they do not personally need. They can sell the other stuff. we can make a list of which demonstones and such are quest items.

2. rare items like dragons and space and such are a separate issue.

3. it is expected that people donate quest items if they expect to get quest items. guardians can decide to prioritize who gets quest items. A level 100 who still needs a dragon will get higher priority than a lower level character.

Another thought might be that normal quest items cost 1000. The bank will pay 1000 to get items. Keeps things neutral, but benefits those who donate a lot. Higher prices for rarer items. if we like the idea, we can make a price list somewhere. Obviously, initial seed money may be an issue. Further, we can make donations give out less than withdrawls. So the bank can build up funds.

These are just a few thoughts. I'm certain that not all of them will be popular, but it should at least generate discussion.

DrXyn-Druid 180+

Ak thank u very much for descriping it in detail what we discussed.
You already know i agree on this.
Furthermore i would like to add that the level cap for ranks doesnt make up for a good system.

Members who spend hours helping others within or outside the clan, are less able to climb in rank then people who stay in the otherworld all day and use elexirs to gain xp.

Both players are needed within our clan, but it would be shortsided to merely reward those who choose the path of levelling.

Other attributes or criteria are equally important:
Such as

Helping others
Finishing quests
Collecting important items
Social interaction with others (answering questions etc)

Therefor those things should also be considerated in ranking members.
I suggest that the level caps are used for the possiblity to apply for a certain rank. But that our command (say chief and general) decides. Furthermore can the command give promotions to members who do not achieved the prescribed rank but have done other important actions regarding our clan.

The bank:
Great idea, because keepin items within the clan is important. Although people also need to be able to earn money.
So it is better if we do not compel our members to do so. It should be in our nature to do so. People who only take and do not give shouldnt be in our clan.

Furthermore i think it would be nice if important items can be stored there.
For example: i have a bane of oak. Im not always online but this item should be accesible to clan at any moment.
Now i have given it to sam when i logged out, but this kind of items could also be stored in our bank.

Anyway, good to see progress in our clan. These kinds of things are important to grow and keep the clan healthy.
It would be a shame if ancients would fall apart because of stupid mistakes that could be avoided.

The bank idea needs a lot of refining, i like your thoughts there. also, the idea of keeping things like Banes there for any general to have access to is brilliant! That could really help our members complete quests and tasks.

One interesting wrinkle with the update - boss fights are so expensive now. I can no longer sustain my playing style cause i go through too many idols. i have had to start turning down boss fights, even when i want to help our lower level members. Or i use leystone, which is not always very effective. It is quite a bummer.

DrXyn-Druid 180+

i don't think it matters what level you are to be a certain class. Like someone really helpfull e.g. LadyB :) she's by the far the most helpful and generous person in clan and say if she is only level 89 (she's acutully 101 General) , but stopping someone as nice and helpful as her from being a rank she deserves just because of her level seems rather.... idk ... dull maybe?
But then lets say if we had Firexranger a General hahahahaha :D. He's a funny kid but sometime accused of many things. (He's a Clansmen thank god XD)

And also i think their should be a limit to Guardian's and Generals. Espeically Generals becuase the power they have in a clan is basicly a chieftain within a chieftain's root (back before update 3) Now i'm not saying this because i am a General, if Mrs Pretty Chieftain feels i'm not entitled for that postion then i will respect that decision. But i just don't think we should have it only based on Level, a players activness is a very another thing. Also the idea for a bank, well LadyB kinda already is one :) What Akbar said about items needed for a qeust that u dont personally need such as Clovers, Leafs, Frags (i am saying Frags because i don't think anyone buy's it now for their prices.. i mean i ended up selling my drag for 30k :p when instead i could've lent it to bank and the Bank could sell ot or give idk what its for yet but it could give it to someone who needs it in the clan.

P.S. sorry for any typos, i'm too lazy to correct it.

Ancients for Life!!! ...-- eerie U BERSERKERS!

I like the idea of rough limits on number of guardians and generals. We don't want or need an entire clan of generals. The 'old timers' who started the clan are obvious choices for 'generalship'. Additional generals should be because Toy and the generals think that a particular person would serve the clan well in that position. Though i like the min. level requirement, i dont feel too strongly about it and agree with Sam that LadyB would be a general if she were level 89.

Guardians should also be limited in number. Also, various timezones should be represented so that there is generally a guardian available. The number of guardians can be a bit larger than generals and would represent someone who has good common sense, represents the clan well, is highly active, works well with others, and who can help maintain order and a good atmosphere. I feel there should be a min. level requirement which at least ensures a certain amount of time playing, but again, i dont feel too strongly about it. As with becoming a general, becoming a gaurdian should be because a grp of guardians and generals (or Toycat of course) feel that person should be in a leadership position.

Recruit status is for new members. During this time they should be learning how things are done and proper etiquette.

Recruit status can also be a probationary place - a warning to a clansman that their behavior is not acceptable and they may be kicked from the clan if they don't improve.

thanks

DrXyn-Druid 180+

I have two disputes to the general/guardian topic.

A level requirement may not be a good indicator as to whether someone knows a lot. Someone may in fact always be in Lir's reach helping the younger players or focussing on getting money or an alternative character. By no means does that mean they are not experienced. Moreover, someone like me has been playing since July 2011. I left for a while from October time - although I may be a lower level, it doesn't mean I lack a wider knowledge. Yes, in some ways levels can indicate whether they could be a guardian but it's the person that counts, not the level. Just the other day I met the most helpful person I have ever seen in Celtic Heroes - great with teams, mature and easy to talk to. Although they are only level 40, they seemed like guardian material.

Although we should be cautious as to how many guardians and generals there should be, a set number limit is not my idea of a good organisation. Yes, have the rule that there should be less generals than guardians (like a hierarchy), but if someone would make a really good guardian, then why should a mere number affect that?

These are my opinions :)

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

He guys

Recently certain members leave the clan and rejoin shortly after that.
They are obvisously welcome but also get there old rank back.
This is a bit strange right?
They show little loyalty towards the clan. In this case there is no restriction for leavin and joining the clan.
I suggest that people who leave and return should be demoted one rank and earn there old rank back by working hard.

Love to hear your thoughts on that.