Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Fire or Ice?

Hey there, so my goal is to level a class to end game, and I've been trying out all the different classes just to see how they've changed since I last played.

I finally got it narrowed down to mage. Rogue was a very close second, but I'm not fond of waiting 5 months to get full DL, much less EDL.

I've got a list of questions, and am trying to figure out what the best leveling build is. I have good gear, and 200 xp lixes ready to go. My goal is to not have to spam resto pots all the time (maybe 5 per lix tops) and to be able to do good damage.

I will be grouping when I can, although when I can't I'll be soloing.

Here's my list of questions:

Fire or Ice?
Attunement or lure?
Eshield or Eboost, or split?

That's about all I wanted to know, actually. Thanks!
Tablesalt - Lugh - Mage
Seasalt - Lugh - Ranger

Re: Fire or Ice?

You should try fire and ice for a few lvls to see what you like more, you will also want to use attune and lure, not just one, and definitely eshield. Mages have paper armour so it is needed. I will try giving you some more info later but I gtg for now because I'm in a rush :P
Your arguement is invalid.

"Hee" clannie! :p
Just lets group up when we are both online and I'll help you around. I'm very glad to see you like the mage :)
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Fire definitely for leveling. Switch to ice when you have proper cd reduction gear and tons of ice magic, Ice mayb be better for a bossing build at end-game, but in general fire is the way to go when you want to level.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Fire is much better at bosses... Not sure how you determined that ice is better.

Just like you determining that you don't want to play a rogue due to difficulty of gearing, same applies to ice mages. There are less of them (that I've seen at least), therefore finding ice gear would be easier.

Also, use both attune and lure. If you don't have points for both you're doing something wrong.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I agree with SubZ3ro, try both Fire and Ice for a few weeks. I am an ice mage and have been from day one and love it :D

But to answer you questions:

Fire or Ice? Just a preference, I prefer ice because there are few ice mages. Working together, a good fire and ice mage produce very good dmg to the enemy.

Attunement or lure? Both!! I keep attune maxed with lure just above half.

Eshield or Eboost, or split? I prefer e-shield just for the reason stated by SubZ3ro, we have horrible armour.

As far as leveling, I have never really had an issue with it being an ice mage and I have leveled solo often.
Arawn
LoneHawk - Mage - General Resurgence
Korac - Rogue

I agree with SubZ3ro, try both Fire and Ice for a few weeks. I am an ice mage and have been from day one and love it :D

But to answer you questions:

Fire or Ice? Just a preference, I prefer ice because there are few ice mages. Working together, a good fire and ice mage produce very good dmg to the enemy.

Attunement or lure? Both!! I keep attune maxed with lure just above half.

Eshield or Eboost, or split? I prefer e-shield just for the reason stated by SubZ3ro, we have horrible armour.

As far as leveling, I have never really had an issue with it being an ice mage and I have leveled solo often.
Yes, I tested fire and ice and liked both. I prefer fire, because with my gear I can 1 shot 1* things my level (80) without the long cool down. Ice was cool, but evades were too common and much more devastating that with fire, and I have both fire and ice maxed. I also already have a fire aggy book so I'm sticking to fire for now.
Tablesalt - Lugh - Mage
Seasalt - Lugh - Ranger

Fire is much better at bosses... Not sure how you determined that ice is better.

Just like you determining that you don't want to play a rogue due to difficulty of gearing, same applies to ice mages. There are less of them (that I've seen at least), therefore finding ice gear would be easier.

Also, use both attune and lure. If you don't have points for both you're doing something wrong.
I'm using both lure and attune, but I chose fire. Yes, slightly harder to gear than ice, but at the same time, easier than rogue or warrior, due to a smaller population.
Tablesalt - Lugh - Mage
Seasalt - Lugh - Ranger

Fire is good but if you really want to save on restos, partner lvling might not be bad idea.
Top 10 pvp mage in morrigan(without boosting) :p
Ign jacislegit
150+ level
Goinnnn legit
Been denoobed
Killed aggy :0 modris next?
Always nice to see friends on