Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Device Performance Issues

My iPad Air 1 has only crashed once since Beltane. And my old iPad 2, which my brother plays on works fine, if sometimes a little slow. Try playing near your router. Speed things up.
"Don't quote me boy cause I ain't said sh*t "

Me and my brothers are lads and you can get free lad points. FIFA 16 is rubbish boo.

FALCAO BALOTELLI= Falcaotelli= BEST.

Send me gold so I can buy 5% mounts. Mail Nub Main on Rhiannon

It's a very poorly designed game if the app crashes completely when a wifi signal is low. Further the ingame wifi showed me at full or nearly full and in fact i get wifi signal. If you get too close, as in next to your router antenna, you can actually have problems as well.

When the server loads wind down i had fewer crashes but still quite a bit more than before the update. I think what is clear is that some combinations of device and iOS have become quite unstable with the new update, which is made worse by larger loads on the servers.

Again the worst one for me is an iphone 5 and iOS 7.1.1. While the default is full graphics and 90% draw and detail, it crashes terribly with all of these turned off (negating any benefit of a better looking game) and the detail and draw turned down to 30%. It has been averaging less than a minute between crashes during congested area play when I can't even remember it crashing once in the last two months previously.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Hey Heroes

Hope I can help with some of your concerns :)

It's mainly due to the advance of hardware, when you consider the iPhone 4 was released in 2010 that phone is now 5 years old which is a lot in tech times :o .

Its now limited by the 512Mb of ram that it came with, with Beltane we added loads of new features and content which certain devices have problems with as there is so much going on.

With an iPhone 5 you should not be having problems, so that may be down to your internet speeds or connectivity. A lot of data is transferred between the servers and the client so sometimes a unstable connection can impact performance.

This wasn't a ploy from OTM to shut out players, we love players and are players :lol:

We are sorry you are having problems though and hope you are able to experience Beltane crash free :)

Just letting you know that my clan was doing Necromancer last night, and everyone was experiencing significant lag. There were about 33 people participating in the fight. I was getting a lot of lag myself, where the screen would freeze for a couple seconds at a time frequently. I turned down the graphics to the lowest setting, and it helped the problem. I was using an iPhone 5s over 4G.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Hey Heroes

Hope I can help with some of your concerns :)

It's mainly due to the advance of hardware, when you consider the iPhone 4 was released in 2010 that phone is now 5 years old which is a lot in tech times :o .

Its now limited by the 512Mb of ram that it came with, with Beltane we added loads of new features and content which certain devices have problems with as there is so much going on.

With an iPhone 5 you should not be having problems, so that may be down to your internet speeds or connectivity. A lot of data is transferred between the servers and the client so sometimes a unstable connection can impact performance.

This wasn't a ploy from OTM to shut out players, we love players and are players :lol:

We are sorry you are having problems though and hope you are able to experience Beltane crash free :)
OTM you have done a great job supporting old devices. However,

My iPhone 5 running 7.1.1 crashed a ton under heavy server load. It was so bad with 50 people on a map it was crashing once a minute on the absolute lowers settings.

Please read where I show that not only was my wifi fine, my iPad air 2 running fine but I also checked my wifi connectivity on a web page meter and it was just fine. In fact I keep my devices on a table and have not moved them, the router, or any furniture and not so much as a car on the street to reflect signal. It was 100% server side and app side as WIFI DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME CRASH WHICH IS WHAT WAS/IS HAPPENING. . If you had a technical background you would realize you would get booted to the ch app loading screen screen with "no internet connection" or "connection lost - disconnected from server, please try again" not to your iPhone home screen abruptly.

There was no significant update to the game yet performance in crowded areas dropped hugely on 4,4s,5,5s and iPad 2 and iPod 5. I also hear iPad mini were affected. I DID NOT UPDATE THE IOS THERE IS NO REASON FOR A MAJOR STABILITY REDUCTION AND FAR MORE LAGIt is a combination of server load, the update and iOS version with newer iOS seeming to lag more but some of them more stable.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Even more importantly if this additional content is optimized so poorly it's causing a significant percentage of iPhone 4,4s,5,5s iPad 2 iPad minis iPod 5 from functioning in crowded areas that's probably 30-40% of your players experiencing these problems.

It's going to make them migrate to games with far more content far more detail and yet run far smother on the same device (oac for example) even if they like your content more.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Today at skain half my kg not only got DC the app crashed when it spawned and everyone was using skills/hotbars at the same time. It took them forever to come back and we lost the lock.

There were only 25-30 people in lirs at the time. OTM will likely get some support tickets over it.

I don't know if it's related to the new hotbar edition or what but it is ruining the game.

And no wifi having poor connectivity does not crash you to iPhone home screen abruptly. Our clan never had these issues before the update.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: