Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Any idea if they tweaked mages with the event?

During beta, I tested the skill damage improvements that OTM put in against what was then the live game. There is a frequency curve from a minimum hit to the maximum hit.

The old curve was from 50% of max to 100% with a mean of 75% (most hits were around 75%)

The new curve is 60% to 100% with a mean of 80%

So the curve was moved up 5%, but to make it a bit better, a lower cutt off for the curve was moved up 10%

So you hit closer to max more often now. This is any class on any skill hit.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

I've played multiple mages on multiple servers and platforms. There is no way that any of my mages we're getting an average of 75% of my skill max. If i was, i would of found that acceptable and never being it up out complain about it. The real problem with mages is the evades. Oh, and energy problems. Oh, and lack of armor. Oh, and needing to max 2 SKILLS ....JUST to get a third skill at an average of 75% efficiency which there is no way that is even remotely accurate to begin with.

I've played multiple mages on multiple servers and platforms. There is no way that any of my mages we're getting an average of 75% of my skill max. If i was, i would of found that acceptable and never being it up out complain about it. The real problem with mages is the evades. Oh, and energy problems. Oh, and lack of armor. Oh, and needing to max 2 SKILLS ....JUST to get a third skill at an average of 75% efficiency which there is no way that is even remotely accurate to begin with.

very true, only way to max more than 2 of your damage skill is by using a skill brace adding a x numbers to a certain skill. atm i've max energy shield, fire bolt, firestorm, fire attunement, and energy boost..but only with the help of my rings and dragonlord gear :/

You're probably a level 120 mage using quest armor, greater rings, no lure, and a heroic ammy lol. Mages got a great buff this past update. Better improvement than any class by far. If you're still having those problems you're doing something wrong
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Sorry for the late reply.

First, I will address the fact that you were not hitting an average of 75% (now 80%). This is, as you point out due to resists and evades. I tested on castle dummies because, even in one area, resists and evades change from mob to mob. The dummies are the only way to see the actual damage increases. That said, your average hit still goes up by 5% and your low hit up by 10%, from what you did before.

Next I will address the question of needing 2 non damage skills to get a full hit range on mobs at your level. This is a 2 part answer:
LURES: it is true that you need a maxed lure to hit full damage on a mob. Just as Rogues, Rangers, Warriors, and Druids need to cast a lure to get full damage... Wait... That's right, mages have all the lures! So you are in the only class that has a chance to hit 100% ever. Don't complain that you get better dmg than the rest.
ATTUNE: you are looking at attune as part of your max damage. It is not. It adds additional damage to the element of your choice. I have rings and braces that add direct damage as well, they are not part of my ice shard's max damage, they add to it. It is like a Ranger complaining that Sharpen Weapons needs points to add damage to their Auto. It is additional damage.

Generally, if a rogue is not present at a boss kill, or they are busy with adds, who gets the kill? Mages. We are very high DPS, and this update added more to our DPS. I was just explaining how much more.
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

But even using your logic on the attunes (which technically you are right), there is no way i was even getting an average of 75% max on my ice skills EVEN computing attune just added to them. So technically, my shards should of hit an average of 75% with no attune? Then attune is just extra damage on top of that? If that was so, mages wouldn't of been complaining. There is no way this is indicative of my experience. Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if mages hit at an average of 55% previously. Maybe 60 on a good day. If you include evades as 0 damage, that number drops even more drastically.

Also, your point about mages getting boss kills is only relevent at extremely high levels which most people will not achieve who download this game. for instance, ice Mages at extremely high lvls have extra points to put into frostbite that at level 140 is impractical and pointless considering the low damage when those points at that level can be more beneficial in other skills. Ive been an extremely OP mage at level 140 and never. . Never. .. got a boss kill. The attune issue WHICH STILL HAS NOT BEEN PROPERLY ADDRESSED plus extreme aggro, paper armor causing constant dying made sure of that.