Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The power of focus

I dont like lvling a druid, class I like playing the least, but I really do like unique builds and melee druid sounds really interesting. One of my favorite builds ever was h2h mage, its funny to punch and melee decent and fast as a mage, but as a caster hes destructive.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I done h2h druid for a while and i also did it on mage.
I used full es, scavenger fire offhand, scavenger fire helm, and as much fire dmg unfathomable i could get.
(This was in OW days)

On mage it was so much better because of fire lure... On druid i found it clairvoyant because i didnt even hit close to the same as mage and could be a lot faster with just skills

*Kassoe
*Druid 212
*Resurgens
*Herne

I have never professed any level of expertise so far as druids go, nor any other class for that matter, so I'll refrain from espousing the merits and virtues of one statistic over another.
That said, I do find that I tend somewhat more towards the opinions of Criminal and Zyz, and in terms of my general outlook on such things.
I think build diversity and attempts at innovation should be celebrated and commended rather than derided, and would imagine the game should become quite staid if everyone adopted, or yet tried to enforce, a one size fits all philosophy. Indeed, I'd have thought such an approach would run contrary to one of the main appeals of an RPG... That thing being freedom of choice and expression.
I would also find contradiction in the applying of absolutes to the subjective.
One persons perception of what it means to be the best, is likely to diverge from that of another.
The truth is simply that such concepts are relative, and that the right of judgement as pertains to them is reserved for the beholder's eye alone.
That is not to say that someone, or something, cannot commonly be regarded as the being the best in a particular field, or category, but to do so the term 'best' should first be qualified within an agreed framework or context. A framework which is also in some way quantifiable.
Back to topic, however, there are some principles that are commonly accepted as being standard guidelines so far as general builds go. The guidelines for principle stats are well established, as it the principle of stat plateaus for certain direct and isolated benefits.
Perl also makes the excellent point regarding scope of benefit being weighed and considered against those isolated instances.
At the end of the day though, what really matters is what you want from your build, and then exploring the many different avenues for achieving it.
Do you simply want to have the best skill damage? The best DPS? The best heal and / or support skills? Do you want to purely concentrate on a single pure ideal, and at the expense of all other considerations? Do you favour being a hybrid, or employing some other mix of principles? Do you want to solo level efficiently and / or economically? Do you want survivability? Do you have energy considerations? Is your present focus centred around bossing, farming, levelling, PVP, or all of the aforementioned? Do you want to be the druid equivalent of a Swiss Army knife, and to be adaptable to a vast array of situations?
Remember, even though it is oft said that a Jack of all trades is master of none, to the Jack it might seem that he is master of diversity and the environment at large.
In simple terms, the 'best' build for me, is the one one that best fits and satisfies my aims.
If someone has energy issues for example, then there exists a wide variety of solutions and builds according to one's tastes and resource. One might opt for sigils, lux, skills, consumables, or any mixture of the aforementioned. Where skills are concerned, a person might think about not only energy replenishing skills, but also how energy efficient their other skills would be. Some may also elect to consider melee in conjunction with certain other options, and in order to reduce their reliance on mana.
For some this latter option might run against the grain, but my point is that no one knows the individuals circumstances so well as the individual themselves. And none of these considerations even touch upon the subjective category of 'best entertainment'.

Perl I like what you said about style of play. I think this is key. And all of my posts I had typed were about finding a build that was most enjoyable and effective in leveling. Of my 203 levels, I have group leveled maybe close to 10 of those levels.

I've tried everything from hand to hand, totem, trident, focus stick, energy stick, haste dagger, fire dmg shield, and various elemental dmg axes.

I've used biteys skill dmg calculator inputting every imaginable number possible out of curiosity, and let's face it, solo druid leveling at a high level can suck.

And as you mentioned, OTM has given druids a main hand that is a melee weapon. An interesting observation made by a lot if warriors on my server is crush dmg seems to be more effective than the other physical dmg types so I guess be thankful we at least got a crush dmg weapon.

You mentioned that I hadn't mentioned attack which is absolutely important when meleeing. High weapon ability helps with attack and I have attack and defense gear.

As far as focus goes, I don't think there would ever be a debate on the higher the focus the better. I spent a lot of time moving focus from 600 to 1400 in 100 point increments. For me, I haven't found a definite skill dmg increase between 1100 and 1400 focus. What has helped is a few points in winds and a high defense (I have 1.1k def from gear) to keep from casting interruptions.

Also when I lix, I'll use a combo or a heroic haste which allows for about 5 to 6 autos between strike casts or having to cast swarm. The nice thing is these skills don't interrupt autos. With these autos in between casts hitting for 500 to 700 it does make for extra dmg in between kills which leads to a faster kill.

Again, I enjoy some melee and I like the heat axe. I'm def not trying to encourage anyone to go this route. I'm just merely demonstrating what has worked for me
Well i tend to agree to Zyz opinion. You can play your druid the way you like. Sure focus is important but you have to be alive to actually cast spells so i would say survivability is more important so if you find that you die too often then drop some points in vitality thats all there is to say.

If you want to lvl quickly(i mean killing ,obs faster when under lix) howling wind build is by far the best build for druids. I ran some tests on how many exps lixes i would need when being a pure caster , and sad to say this but i use twice much exps lixes when being pure caster. As auto provides a bit more damage which becomes quite nice added to vines and bees.
I know this thread is not about "Howling Wind" build but Zyz it would be nice if you would make a video of you lvling with howling wind build :D as I believe it is the best solo build so far.

^^ I would but I'm really camera shy. Actually I'm on summer break so I might actually do that. I hadn't thought about it but it sounds fun.

Oh btw...thanks to the previous 2 posters, I thought for a second I was speaking sacrilege and I was gonna get burned with torches by the other druids
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Well now you mention it, I did think to spy a Wicker Man effigy bearing your very likeness, Zyz, and under construction in Lir's earlier this afternoon. With any luck though it'll simply turn to be a somewhat hasty ramshackle construction, however, and shan't therefore withstand much weight or wind.
In all seriousness though, I've always found the druid community a very accepting and supportive one. And a community that, generally speaking, would choose to embrace, and more than they would howl and bark.
Just keep doing what you are doing, chap, and don't let the odd sneaky stay your breath.

Well now you mention it, I did think to spy a Wicker Man effigy bearing your very likeness, Zyz, and under construction in Lir's earlier this afternoon. With any luck though it'll simply turn to be a somewhat hasty ramshackle construction, however, and shan't therefore withstand much weight or wind.
In all seriousness though, I've always found the druid community a very accepting and supportive one. And a community that, generally speaking, would choose to embrace, and more than they would howl and bark.
Just keep doing what you are doing, chap, and don't let the odd sneaky stay your breath.
Thanks. That made me spit my adult beverage out (word choice due to the minors that might be reading ;) ). I just finished watching the Wicker Man so it was funny you mentioned that.

This was the first thread in this subforum I've seen such a breakdown of niceness at times.

I'm at 207 and haven't decided how far I want to go. It would be cool to get some edl weapons I suppose but I haven't found it necessary to really lvl much more. I've been hitting about 1 level every 2 weeks and leveling up my ranger to 190 (at 186 now) and messing around in Donn a bit with a rogue.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I agree with Magustra. The druid forums have been the most helpful for me. I've tried three of the other four classes and hung out on the respective forums and find there to be much more discussion here.
Main: Maedhros Level 158 Druid
World: Morrigan
Clan: Havoc

The pun game is strong in this one. :)
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows