Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

There is a much bigger game out there then just arawn... This is something that's abused by people that take advantage of a flawed system. I see complaints from other worlds on here as well so instead of being so worried about one world talk about game as a whole. Otm made tower and many rushed to level to kill the next boss but that doesn't mean those should be punished by a flawed system here. People that leveled can't unlevel lol but others that rely on this crutch can level and then see who is the best that's true competition not this handcapped getting a trophy for showing up stuff. Let's be real here the only reason your defending it is cause your abusing it plain and simple
Then you mean to progress form the start, correct? Please progress onward. We all intend to do so. Let those who have only started their path to DL complete their path. Do not take your wrong turn back just to shame a game mechanic. As Vraelan has stated,
Rather than complain about lock level, you guys should focus on why you would still want to lock these bosses and move on from there.
If you are truly prepared for the distant goal then continue onward and don't look back. Let those who have worked equally hard to reach where they are now continue their path to their goal. It'd be best to take interest in what lies ahead of you.
Pavillion. Arawn.

TheOath Family.

Yes and how long has clan rivalry existed, I must ask. If you mean to change the social aspect of the game then by all means I wish for you to do so. I can't stand for endless rivalry. Smellyunder isn't necessarily whining. That's a harsh word. He's bringing up complaints that didn't really illustrate the matters at hand. This rival group he mentioned was prepared to take on Hrung. That's that. You can't blame a game mechanic for the fault of an absence of preparedness.[/quote]

Clan rivalry started the day this game was released..level back when it was just lirs and eg boss was the Avatar of Donn. No one is complaining about rivalry, we actually like it in Res, but it is a very unbalanced rivalry with the target lock system as it is. That is probably was 2500 of those 3k plus posts are but I didn't read every one of them yet today..let me get back to you in a few hours.
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Instead of removing level advantage and keeping the same infinite grind for drops in place just make bosses spawn more and drop more. When there's nothing to fight so hard for and everybody can be geared relatively easily there won't be a need to remove target lock. People who get gear can move forward with the questline and people without gear yet will have minimal competition.
^since nobody seems to be capable of carrying out a discussion without flaming every poster. Petty arguments and complaints with only one seen solution are no way to reform armor quests. Few people complained about the frozen method of obtaining armor, I am unsure as to why that system was changed as it was an effective method of obtaining gear. Higher levels had a much better chance in v3 to keep low levels away from crest bosses but if target lock had been implemented then it would've been a perfect way to get geared.

@vraelan
So your point is if it has been around for years it makes it a great system. By this logic we should all be playing Tetris.
That last point is in reference to OTM's VERY well known tendency to be slow to change, if at all, in response to player requests. Unless it's a Mage nerf of course... Look at BOE, types of drops, drop rates, class balance, blah blah blah.

There is a much bigger game out there then just arawn... This is something that's abused by people that take advantage of a flawed system. I see complaints from other worlds on here as well so instead of being so worried about one world talk about game as a whole. Otm made tower and many rushed to level to kill the next boss but that doesn't mean those should be punished by a flawed system here. People that leveled can't unlevel lol but others that rely on this crutch can level and then see who is the best that's true competition not this handcapped getting a trophy for showing up stuff. Let's be real here the only reason your defending it is cause your abusing it plain and simple
Then you mean to progress form the start, correct? Please progress onward. We all intend to do so. Let those who have only started their path to DL complete their path. Do not take your wrong turn back just to shame a game mechanic. As Vraelan has stated,
Rather than complain about lock level, you guys should focus on why you would still want to lock these bosses and move on from there.
We still have people that need dl crowns lol what do u not comprehend about this? Maybe I should learn another language to type since clear english reading isn't your strong point this is a problem for people on all servers. It's not about lower tier bosses but ones that still are needed. But yet we are punished for spending money and time by a really bad system here.
If you are truly prepared for the distant goal then continue onward and don't look back. Let those who have worked equally hard to reach where they are now continue their path to their goal. It'd be best to take interest in what lies ahead of you.
I see about 4 people who are against changing it and 20+ who thinks there needs to be change at this rate its 80%-20% ratio here so most don't like it numbers don't lie otm!!!
Last edited by Bigdiesel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instead of removing level advantage and keeping the same infinite grind for drops in place just make bosses spawn more and drop more. When there's nothing to fight so hard for and everybody can be geared relatively easily there won't be a need to remove target lock. People who get gear can move forward with the questline and people without gear yet will have minimal competition.
^since nobody seems to be capable of carrying out a discussion without flaming every poster. Petty arguments and complaints with only one seen solution are no way to reform armor quests. Few people complained about the frozen method of obtaining armor, I am unsure as to why that system was changed as it was an effective method of obtaining gear. Higher levels had a much better chance in v3 to keep low levels away from crest bosses but if target lock had been implemented then it would've been a perfect way to get geared.
Higher boss spawns still would not help the situation of people being over level 200 and still not having full dl gear as the lower leveled group would still get the lock and the drops. It s a seriously broken mechanic at this point in the game.
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)