Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ability points

Do ability points increase with the level of mob?

I wish to change from sword to axe.
Will it be quicker to increase the ability points on higher mobs the same level as me or higher or should I go on a killing spree with lower easier to kill mobs :?:

Thanks

Re: Ability points

Just grab hero wisdoms and a very cheap and weak axe and use the lix before entering arena or going to dummies and train your ability on there, it can go up on all mobs but I find these to be the best
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

To train weapon ability you only need to hit a viable target, the level or damage is irrelevant.

You want the absolute fastest weapon available even if it's 1dmg. Some weapons like spear and novelty go very slowly because the fastest spear is 2850 iirc and novelty is 2500 (Avalanche sled). Dagger goes very quickly by comparison. If I recall correctly the fastest axe in the game can be bought from the blacksmith in the castle for almost nothing. Same with club.

You will want to boost your ability gains with heroic wisdoms as its 5x faster.

Don't use haste elixirs because it's 1.6/1.3 or only 23% faster than using hero haste gloves, or haste ring or haste offhand. This 23% is even less if you bump into the 1100 speed limit for haste lix. Since it often takes hours or even days to completely level your skill you are better off not hasting unless you are ultra rich.

Best bet is to find a mob or dummy that won't die fast and where you won't die and just afk while mele. Nowadays the lvl50 event dragon adds or tower training dummies work well. I'm not sure where the best place is if you are under lvl120.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I like to train wep abilitys at the druids in sv. This way you also level your other abilitys at the same time.
World : Hern
Clan. : BlazingFrost

Worrior : 188 Bichslap
Ranger. : 129 Winterstorm
Druid. : 125 Bwana
Rogue. : 129 gouch

To train weapon ability you only need to hit a viable target, the level or damage is irrelevant.
Are you sure about this? I took my rogue at level 170 to train spear on the level 200 event dragon while we killed it (used fire ward to cancel the attack debuff). I did not get one point in a 15 minute lix.
Probably because you hardly ever hit him lol. What was your attack?
FrozenTaco- level 218 Warrior
Tricky- level 220 Rogue
Anarchy of Epona

Are you sure about this? I took my rogue at level 170 to train spear on the level 200 event dragon while we killed it (used fire ward to cancel the attack debuff). I did not get one point in a 15 minute lix.
When you have a high level of ability the points go down slower. I have no formal data but i expect it falls off as the square root. So at ability 0 you are Guarenteed to go up. Going from 10-11 is still pretty easy. But going from 100-101 is 100x slower than 10-11. 1000-1001 is 100x slower than 100-101. Going from 2000-2001 is 4x slower than 1000-1001.

Because of this its unlikely but possible to go 15 min even and not level a single point. There were a few complaints on this iirc.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it dosent matter.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Probably because you hardly ever hit him lol. What was your attack?
Does it matter if you actually hit? I'm not sure that actually matters. I'll try and test on a nub.

It only matters that you can actually hit and do damage. Thus cave moths and stonevale ghouls dont work but out of range mobs do work (like in tower boss mobs who have a short aggro range for bow or fingal or sewer mobs behind a wall/cliff).
220+ toons

Toon histogram: