Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Sharing Accounts.

Okay.

1. So here is a question, siblings using the same IP address can or cannot use your account?

2. Can someone get their account disabled if they say, in chat, I share accounts? OTM looks at chat log, sees that, and bans them? Or do they need more proof like a different IP address, but like I said if two people share the same Ipad...?

3. If they say I was only lying that I do, will their account be reinstated?

4. Clan Banks are allowed, right? What level is a clan bank until its not a clan bank? 2? 5? 10? More? How do you know it is a clan bank?
200 Allymia Rogue
Clan - Underground - Guardian Rank - Home of the noob, Paulweller

"If you aren't sinning; you aren't having fun." ;) ~ Priest

Re: Sharing Accounts.

1. The only way to access another account is to have the correct username and password. IP address has nothing to do with it. (Unless you mean is it okay if they use your account if they have same IP...in which case I'd be unsure).

2. I'm not exactly sure how OTM looks into it. If all they have is a chat log where you say you share an account, then they probably won't ban you, but I'm not sure.

3. If you were just lying, then I am not sure...

4. Clan banks are an iffy matter. I don't think OTM has banned any bank accounts, but I could be wrong. I just hope they are lax on clan banks until they can implement some sort of banking system that would suffice.

I kind of get the feeling that you are either someone who is trying to test the limits of account sharing, or else someone who wants to seem cool by pretending to buy other's accounts. Either way, I would advise you to be careful, and don't do anything you shouldn't. The reason OTM has a no account trading/sharing rule, is because they can't mess with anything on your toons (if you had something good, shared the acc, and the other person stole it, OTM can't do anything about it). It's mostly for your account's safety.

Also, owning multiple accounts is not wrong in any way. Because OTM doesn't allow multiple devices on the same account, dual and tri loggers need to have multiple accounts. I myself have 4 different accounts with various toons scattered across them because when I dual log, I want to be able to choose which toons I play with. However, it's when you have access to an account that was started by someone else that the rules kick in as far as I know. Plus it isn't fair to others, I know there was one high lvled and insanely geared character on Sulis a long time ago that shared. That toon was at like 95% of the bosses lol. When that happens it is just completely unfair.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

You can not share accounts with anyone, otm can see the device id logging in to each account.

Banks are an exception and in my understanding a bank is an inactive toon used for storing mass amounts of items
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

You can not share accounts with anyone, otm can see the device id logging in to each account.

Banks are an exception and in my understanding a bank is an inactive toon used for storing mass amounts of items

See, thats the thing, say I quit and my brother played it instead, I warned everybody its him etc. aka saying they share the account....they use my old device because I am getting a new one? They wouldn't tell by the device ID then.

Also, yeah I wanted to know before hand if my brother could possibly take over and not suffer anything extreme...
200 Allymia Rogue
Clan - Underground - Guardian Rank - Home of the noob, Paulweller

"If you aren't sinning; you aren't having fun." ;) ~ Priest

I know the whole banning thing is supposed to make it easier for OTM to not have to deal with all the special situations of family, friends, enemies, etc. ruining your account, but then again, if you allow yourself to be hurt, then you deserve it. Basically, don't complain to OTM to fix the problem you created by letting your friend use your account.

Anyways, tons of players share accounts (non-bank ones) or at least have quit and given/sold their account away. (I understand why they are sold when a person has put maybe $1000 into a game and doesn't want to play it anymore so they want a refund, but OTM won't give that to them, so they sell the account)

Still, OTM is open to allowing you to keep accounts given to another person after the other has quit. They're not tyrants. But if they seriously banned everyone who has shared an account, then there would be no game.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown