Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Question Why

Why does this engine require all patches/events to go through apple when the old engine patched itself, kinda seems like 1 step forward 3 steps back
is it a change cuz of Apple?
Rogue 213
Mage 190
Druid 190
Ranger 154

Re: Question Why

It is because it is now through Unity, not their own engine like it used to be. Now its harder for them to do so, if at all.
★ℚʊɛɛɳ øƒ Ғɑṩɧɪøɳ
iOS Player since 2011
Name: Killerado
World: Morrigan
I'm a Forums Guide, if you need help feel free to PM me
Rainbow Color
ケルトの戦士 (Keruto no senshi, Celtic Warriors)
Esquilax is the best!

well that sucks
Lugh Characters
Victraze
CastingShadow
Fingal Characters
Zippy I'm not always a rogue, but when I am I'm Zippy
Saint Victor He who uses flower power to take down his enemys
Only using red text on the forums from now on.

They dont have a lot of control over the new engine and because of that most little changes or fixes have to the the base game code every time which requires apples approval every time. A huge step backwards and seems to go against what they said about faster and quicker updates when we have to wait months for bug fixes.

So then the real question here is why on earth did they decide to do this? As stated before, it truly does seem like 1 step forward, 3 steps backward. Sure new engine looks pretty and offers a little more potential, but it comes at the cost of fixing/adding things in a certain amount of time, connection/lag issues with basically everyone, and tons of bugs/glitches, most of which I believe are fixed, but nonetheless it made the game practically unplayable for 80% of people for like 2-3 weeks

Hi, there was an issue found with the new patching system which has been fixed for the next release. Basically the game and systems all had to be rewritten from scratch so we've all had to take some short term pain to make everything better than before in the long term, and there are still bugs to iron out and a lot of improvements to be made in the short term.

Hi, there was an issue found with the new patching system which has been fixed for the next release. Basically the game and systems all had to be rewritten from scratch so we've all had to take some short term pain to make everything better than before in the long term, and there are still bugs to iron out and a lot of improvements to be made in the short term.
Does this mean it'll be back to how it was before though? Or that patches and events/updates will be more freely implemented? What exactly were the benefits of the new engine?

They dont have a lot of control over the new engine and because of that most little changes or fixes have to the the base game code every time which requires apples approval every time. A huge step backwards and seems to go against what they said about faster and quicker updates when we have to wait months for bug fixes.
The previous engine required a new application to be submitted to apple for any game code changes too. It was only patchable for resources/assets like textures and content.
Does this mean it'll be back to how it was before though? Or that patches and events/updates will be more freely implemented?
This will be what we are aiming for with the new engine too but there's a lot of code changes involved in the current release schedule for bug fixes & new features.