Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Silence for Leelah Alcorn

being a transsexual, not a tranny, is a choice. however, it is not choice that makes a male or female person feel uncomfortable in the body they were born with. it is not "freak" any more than being gay is and to suggest as much demonstrates ignorance and bigotry.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Just read through this thread and I realized the obvious: I was wrong. I made a mistake.

I was feeling a bit irritated and it seems my pugnacious side got the best of me on this one. Thank you all for being polite in showing me the truth; I know I certainly wasn't.

Apologies Twi

See you in another thread!

(Will leave my comments unedited unless requested to do so)
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

being a transsexual, not a tranny, is a choice. however, it is not choice that makes a male or female person feel uncomfortable in the body they were born with. it is not "freak" any more than being gay is and to suggest as much demonstrates ignorance and bigotry.
It depends on how you define a freak. If you mean something unnatural, transexuals and homosexuals definitely fall into an unnatural/freak category.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

It depends on how you define a freak. If you mean something unnatural, transexuals and homosexuals definitely fall into an unnatural/freak category.

homosexuality is natural, as it naturally occurs in all species
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon

If you would like, I could get a hold of the suicide note...

And, as much as I support leelah, wasn't it required by law that her birth name be put on her headstone as she wasn't 18 yet and couldn't legally change her name? Anyway, my prayers to her and anyone grieving their loss.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

You can be buried under any name. Where i live ar least, as tge government doesnt actually care if you are buried, creamated, etc it is all personal preference and managed
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon

I believe by 'voluntarily altering their body' he was referring to people who have surgeries done to change their sexual organs, and those are what he calls freaks. As yakat said it all depends on what you call a freak, unnatural? Then yes people who undergo such surgeries are freaks, but homosexuality is natural so therefore by that definition they would not be freaks. Anyways as someone else said, pretty much the entirety of all gaming communities use anti-gay slurs such as ***, or homo, etc so I don't quite see the purpose of putting this up here. If you wanted to gain some ground perhaps head to reddit or something lol

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

I believe by 'voluntarily altering their body' he was referring to people who have surgeries done to change their sexual organs, and those are what he calls freaks. As yakat said it all depends on what you call a freak, unnatural? Then yes people who undergo such surgeries are freaks, but homosexuality is natural so therefore by that definition they would not be freaks. Anyways as someone else said, pretty much the entirety of all gaming communities use anti-gay slurs such as ***, or homo, etc so I don't quite see the purpose of putting this up here. If you wanted to gain some ground perhaps head to reddit or something lol
The idea was to spread this event to everyone everywhere on all forums, contacts, and acquaintances, just because you don't see the point in it being here doesn't mean I didn't post the exact same post on Reddit, Twitter, Tumblr ect... as well. Generally we wanted to spread the word to everyone everywhere, negative reactions and comments are to be expected. Yet, to my understanding CH doesn't appreciate arguments in the forums amongst players.
Mother Nature - Level 52 Druid