Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Support Ranger Help

Hello all,

I am a fresh ranger of only lvl24, and I will mostly be doing with a Rogue. I wish to go support for the heal ability and was wondering how to build for that.

I read that Dex increase my heal output so I was thinking of full Dex. ATM I'm keeping my Dex about 20 pts ahead of Str, and Vit 15 below Str. How do you guys feel I should manage my stats?

For skills, how many skills will I be able to max in the end? So far I like the idea of Camo (lvled according to what I am avoiding), Light Heal, and Bolas as main support skills that I should max or keep pretty high, since the Rogue will be dishing out the dmg. For DMG skills I am not sure what to take. I've read that Sharp Shot is not reliable, and the only other DMG skill available besides is Barb Shot(I love the DOT effect!)

So any help is appreciated. Sorry for wall of text ^_^

Cheers!

Re: Support Ranger Help

Well most of what you have read isn't for low leveled rangers.

In fact, a pure dex build kicks tail at lower levels dps wise as well as support wise.

I would advise either 0.3.0.2 or 1.2.0.2 (str.dex.foc.vit). ALWAYS have vit twice your level until you start getting dragonlord armor (lvl 150+). It might seem like a lot of health at level 24, but at level 78 your gonna be wondering how soon you can get some more. ;)

For the optimum performance with a rogue (but this can work solo too) your skills should be:

Light heal (maxed)
Sharp shot (MAXED- great dmg skill at low levels and can still pack a punch for midlevels)
Sharpen (Maxed- this is to give additional dmg to both yourself and your partner- at about 150 steady aim starts to pwn sharpen but until then sharpen owns everything)

From here you have a choice. Either go with dps or non-dps skill(s) like:

camouflage (which can be amazing in close situations- which for the most part you wont start getting until level 123)

longshot (distance requirement makes this skill terrible for over 70% of the mobs you will fight though it does have good dps)

entangled (slows down enemies auto attack (do NOT recommend this, as your ranger will have high defense through dex and if the rogue has a pea of sense he will also be dex based)

Barbed shot (its ok. Later on [120s] youll find your autos will do more damage EVEN IF your in a pure dex build (or at 100 or less str) WITH maxed barbed shot- found this out the hard way)

Steady Aim (its okay, but until about level 150 sharpen owns it, and youll have enough attack from your dex that this skill is unneeded- slow cast time too)

I absolutely DO NOT UNDER ANY ANY ANY circumstances recommend these skills:

Bolas (completely and utterly useless for a rogue/ranger duo, the rogues' main objective is to close with the enemy...)

Defensive Spikes (with a pure dex build this skill is decent until about level 118-120- unless you can get a lure mage with MAXED pierce lure, then your on track for good return on your skill points)

Double Shot (since your going dex build 90%+ of your autos should be hitting anyway, and your not putting much in str so this is a waste of points)

Conceal (complete garbage, do camo over this ANY DAY or neither of these skills)

So now that I have given the basic rundown heres what I would suggest:

Light heal (maxed)
Sharp shot (maxed)
Sharpen (maxed)
Barbed shot (maxed- for now)

Extra skill: longshot (mainly because you wont be able to cast this very often, but its still a good dmg skill)

I listed these in the order you should max them. If you get skill rings (+3 or higher is worth equipping generally) use those points to give yourself additional skill points. THis will help you with your energy usage and also give you more points for longshot/extra skill.

To build your first aid ability you can also cast bandage wounds, but bandage is so worthless that its useless to put points into. Meditate and recuperate also use the ability, also don't put points into them.

Your going to want to buy a heroic ammy from someone, it costs about 150k but will keep you going for as long as you need it to for the most part. Also an energy regen ring will help (normally 14k or so if bought from someone else).
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

This is perfect! Tyvm for this info!

Is there a way I can respec my skulls and stats without having to buy from item shop?
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to answer this in my previous post. Yes there is. In the catacombs theres a quest that gives you 1 free alt book (for resetting skill points) and PERHAPS (don't quote me on this) a rebirth as well. Rebirth resets stat points.

Otherwise you can buy from a plat buyer on your world. Alt is normally 2-4k and rebirth can be anywhere from 4-10k. Depends on your world and the person's generosity.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Attack speed relates to dmg as: How many times I get to hit the target in a time lapse.

The faster the bow, the more times you hit the target.

If you are asking for Pierce dmg, then it may vary on which bow you are wielding. The ancient bows grow slower with the type of bow, but also grows in Pierce dmg.

Flint, topaz and opal bows have all same attack speed, and increase their pierce dmg with lvl requirements (also increase the bow stat).

Quest bows: warden-> meteoric-> frozen meteoric, each increase pierce dmg and is faster than the last.
Frejlheir from Sulis
Oliver Quinn from Epona