Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

Lol, woops. Just realized that michael did indeed suggest execution. I misinterpreted him to be supporting quarantine, not execution.

Anyways...we are NOT at that stage of desperation yet! Humanity is very much still intact; "systematic execution" should not even be a topic to consider during these times. What nations need to work on is "systematic quarantine" because the plagued are scurrying away and jumping borders like some mischief of mice! (Pardon the simile...probably too harsh).

Furthermore, a number of afflicted West Africans have been refusing to takeup treatment in fear of some secret execution conspiracy. Sigh...such fantastic imaginations with such fantastic effects...
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

It has not been found in Cleveland, Ohio where you live.

The nurse --I think her name was Vinson-- just happened to travel there the day before she started showing symptoms. Ebola is only really contagious if the carrier is showing symptoms. However, yes, quarantine protocols are going up in Northern Ohio (where you live) just to be on the safe side.
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!

The nurse --I think her name was Vinson-- just happened to travel there the day before she started showing symptoms. Ebola is only really contagious if the carrier is showing symptoms. However, yes, quarantine protocols are going up in Northern Ohio (where you live) just to be on the safe side.
Wrong doctors have no evidence to suggest that you have to show symptoms to be contagious
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Wrong doctors have no evidence to suggest that you have to show symptoms to be contagious
The World Health Organization (WHO) already posted a preliminary FAQ back in August: check out Point #4. I'll attach the point to note here for convenience:
The incubation period, or the time interval from infection to onset of symptoms, is from 2 to 21 days. The patients become contagious once they begin to show symptoms. They are not contagious during the incubation period.

I'm not saying they are absolutely correct; however, patterns and observations suggest that the victims only become a thread once the symptoms start showing. Several sets of information that may have been previously finalized have been changed recently. For example, the above mentioned incubation period of 2 to 21 days has been doubled (its 48 now I think). So, think what you will, but I'm gonna stick with the WHO guys.

Flamin you seem to be able to come up with the stupidest answers effortlessly. Is that a natural talent? There have been multiple studies showing that you have to actually have symptoms to become realistically contagious.

Do you magically become able to spread the virus once your first symptoms show? No. But realistically that is the approximate time that you shed enough virus to be contagious. Here is just one study from Oxford - not even behind a pay wall

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/1 ... /S142.full

I know reading, science, and facts aren't your strong suit but feel free to pit your undeducated opinion against a respected scientific journal finding.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Lets keep it civil. This thread has been pretty interesting and informative so far. So...lets stay away from the ad hominems Plus3 :)
It's not just ad hominem I cited an actual journal article which is probably better than watered down CDC or who statements.

Besides hominem implies a person - as in a human being. Of which have ample evidence that's not what I'm dealing with here.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Oh I have nothing wrong with your evidence. In fact, they are marvelous...You found me a great read!
What I am talking about is the extra, totally unnecessary stuff...
Flamin you seem to be able to come up with the stupidest answers effortlessly. Is that a natural talent?
I know reading, science, and facts aren't your strong suit but