Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

The reality that Ebola is NOT fully treatable and has the potential to infect anyone should definitely keep our eyebrows raised!

@Demised: only one statement for you...Every human death should be a catastrophe for other humans; especially if its by uncontrollable means. (Love your views though...its different. I Like!)
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

They been saying they beefed up security by doing tests for fever at the airports. Screening and forms but look the man who had it in Dallas. He lied on his form.

Testing peeps at the airport to me isn't much of a precaution. Sure it's a good idea but the reason I say that is symptoms may not show for 2 to 21 days. So what next they gonna camp people out like on line for an iphone..

Truthfully I prefer the media discuss it to keep us aware and informed. I do notice it's bringing ISIS a bit less attention. Unless it's just me seeing that...I rather be aware of things that can harm us then hear about how Kanye/ Kim want another baby.. .
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

As someone who lived in Africa for most of my life (the latter part being spended in the US), I can confirm that they do have alot of rituals and ceremonies, almost all of them requiring close proximity to the dead.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

Ebola isn't a catastrophe.

Over 1,300,000 people die every year from road crashes. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
Births worldwide is estimated at about 134 million per year.
Making Ebola harmless to the human population.
Labelling 4000+ Ebola deaths a catastrophe is retarded.
Apart from propaganda, i can't think of many other good reasons as to why it should be getting this much attention.
It is in fact so small and completely irrelevant to all of us.

Current estimates are that between 75 and 200 million people died from the Black Death.
That many humans being annihilated in such a small amount of time is what I'd call a catastrophe.
Saying Ebola couldn't be a catostrophe is pretty ignorant.

Just be because something is diffuse and unreported like auto crashes dosent mean its not one. There isn't a 2 or 3 or x limit per year or something. The fact you would say its ok because 1.3 million die already means you are part of the problem - being complacent instead of outraged and proactive about seeking a better solution. You would probably have been one of those idiots saying we shouldn't be forced to have seatbelts in cars - or later airbags. Pure dumbassery.

If all the best measures have been taken and everyone works together a massive Ebola tragedy can be avoided yes. But if measures dont work well in 4 months 1 million will die. Within 6 months more (if by some unfateful turn nothing is done despite the obvious world wide threat) tens of millions will die it is exponentially growing

Its pretty much like saying the flu isn't a catastrophe. Only thousands die every year in the US. The black death has not killed as many people in all history as the flu has killed in the last 100 years and barely killed more people at one single time than the flu. Besides other later outbreaks killing millions the 1918-19 one killed 50 million. Is 50 million enough for you to be shocked into caring?

If the entire world is monumentally stupid and thinks its ok to do nothing it could even put deaths into the 9 figures. Its pretty hard to imagine even stupid and ignorant people will do nothing once deaths climb past 1m. By then it will be far too late to stop it as easily as back when it was 200 cases and people just thought it didn't matter to them.

I honestly hope you are one of the first to go. You have earned it.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

As someone who lived in Africa for most of my life (the latter part being spended in the US), I can confirm that they do have alot of rituals and ceremonies, almost all of them requiring close proximity to the dead.

I didnot dispute that
I disputed the labelling of africans as a whole when it is a massive continent with many countries
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I like how people are concerned about Ebola when millions of babies die from abortion and the parents dont give a damn
The only babies that die from abortion are rare cases where there is medical necessity. A clump of cells with no brain is no more a baby than the skin cells you murder in the shower every morning. Every one of those cells has the potential to become a human.

Glad to know how concerned you are over a woman's right to her own body. Stereotypes broken = 0

Perhaps if you actually understood medical science beyond the preschool level you would have a different view. As it is i have absolutely no respect for people who not only are ignorant of science fact, but willfully so and yet feel they have the right to have an opinion on the matter. Doubly so when they feel they have rights over others, such as a woman and her reproductive rights.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|