Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Being called to a boss fight

OK, so something interesting happened last night and their was some disagreement.

i had heard the despoiler was up and started to go, then heard it was locked so decided not to. No big. Then i was specifically asked to please come because it was so difficult a kill and they needed/wanted help. So i went, spent idols and time and won the dicing. At that point is was told i was late (obviously) and that i shouldn't dice. I explained that since i was invited specifically to help, that i should dice. Others said they have been barred from dicing when asked to help - which surprised me. Though it doesn't happen often, when we invite someone specifically to help cause we need them or the fight is getting too expensive, in my experience we let them dice.

Last night's incident was resolved and we are good. But we should come up with a general policy. I propose the following:

If a boss fight is going poorly or is very expensive and the people fighting it ask someone to help, the responding people should get to dice.

obviously we dont want to abuse this - we dont want someone showing up and a routine hrung/mordy fight and saying they were invited. It should definitely be a situation where the fighters are having issues, where reset may be a problem, it is too expensive, or they need support (lures, healing, etc).

i suppose the people at the fight can try voting on it (whether to ask someone to help). then ask if people agree.

your thoughts?
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Re: Being called to a boss fight

^ makes sense. why request for help and not let the person dice...we are not opportunists or are we? :lol:
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

I agree, if your help is absolutely needed AND requested then you should be able to dice. I sure hope you kept whatever you won.
+1 and as a side note, a good percent like 80% should agree before it happens. If say 5/30 people ask for help and the others say nothing i dont think it should be allowed. But if its like 28/30 yeah
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I agree, if your help is absolutely needed AND requested then you should be able to dice. I sure hope you kept whatever you won.
+1 and as a side note, a good percent like 80% should agree before it happens. If say 5/30 people ask for help and the others say nothing i dont think it should be allowed. But if its like 28/30 yeah
Thing is a lot of people won't add their 2 cents, I find many players on this world simply don't care and are quite laid back unless directly provoked or questioned. If you're having an idol fest and if 5 people say yeah let's get Akbar to help us and the other 10 people say nothing of it, I'd make the assumption that the silence implies they have no stance on the issue and don't care either way.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]